Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Is this where we drag ourselves out of retirement?

I was here since the PSO days on dreamcast. Very recently (like... a week or two ago), I decided to start playing PSO2 again after watching the anime, haha. I only played it for a few months back around beta/start of live, so I have to catch up on a lot of things. o_O
    Last edited by IceBlink; Feb 5, 2016 at 08:50 AM.

Would be closer to a highschool reunion. Online.

I haven't been on that long, but I was in & out since 05 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Freshellent View Post
    Yeah, I lurked a few years before I bothered to register myself. I don't believe I even knew Brinstar existed if I'm being honest, it doesn't register in my memory banks. Pretty interesting though.

Come to think of it, that must be a case for a lot of posters that played PSO here.

I liked PSU a lot more than PSO2 as well, but to each their own.

Hello to the old (again) and hello to the new, I say. Since a lot of the new blood are really strong contributing forces to the community, despite the rampant shitposting.
    It would strongly depend what PSO community you played in.

If you at the very least were around for Gamecube days and you played in Antares-8 (the PSO-World 'official' block), I'd be super surprised that you hadn't heard of brinstar.

Names that come off the top of my head if I think really hard...

DARKSLAYER - This guy leveled 200s like I eat rice here in Japan

Stapler - My buddy I leveled with to 200

S N K - Always AFK at the top-front of the lobby above the terminals. Whenever he was actually around we would run challenge mode.

NEO_ - My IRL best friend, a RAcaseal, got me in to the game.

MATIX - A funny humar.

ADE - Super straight edge legit player who would diss on people all day in lobby for using dupes and being un-legit. Kinda trolly but good times were had.

H I M - Spammed lobbies and sort of started the whole "SSJ" spam cliche, and most people didn't like him but fun to play with and funny guy to watch him troll in lobbies.

Tamahome - Had a girlfriend he played with 100% of the time as well, a racaseal, he was a humar. Forgot her name. Both 200s.

Ultima - a Fomar who was a pretty cool dude.

I remember when we all ended up migrating to being mostly in block 10 (Ant 8, Block 10), randomly. That was a weird time and I don't know why that happened but it did.

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    It would strongly depend what PSO community you played in.

If you at the very least were around for Gamecube days and you played in Antares-8 (the PSO-World 'official' block), I'd be super surprised that you hadn't heard of brinstar.

Names that come off the top of my head if I think really hard...

DARKSLAYER - This guy leveled 200s like I eat rice here in Japan

Stapler - My buddy I leveled with to 200

S N K - Always AFK at the top-front of the lobby above the terminals. Whenever he was actually around we would run challenge mode.

NEO_ - My IRL best friend, a RAcaseal, got me in to the game.

MATIX - A funny humar.

ADE - Super straight edge legit player who would diss on people all day in lobby for using dupes and being un-legit. Kinda trolly but good times were had.

H I M - Spammed lobbies and sort of started the whole "SSJ" spam cliche, and most people didn't like him but fun to play with and funny guy to watch him troll in lobbies.

Tamahome - Had a girlfriend he played with 100% of the time as well, a racaseal, he was a humar. Forgot her name. Both 200s.

Ultima - a Fomar who was a pretty cool dude.

I remember when we all ended up migrating to being mostly in block 10 (Ant 8, Block 10), randomly. That was a weird time and I don't know why that happened but it did.
    I remember ADE (and the Table Flip meme that seemed to follow him because of his outbursts) and definitely remember H I M's SSJ lobby spamming. In fact entering lobbies to have the whole screen filled with GET WITH SSJ was a daily occurrence on GC

I mainly played with the same group of people (hyperacute, Aim, 09, Reno, Rath, Magenta, Sakuya, Erinne, Axel) as well as a Lv200 FOmarl called Aria. I did drop by Antares-08 a few times but ended up mainly on Mintaka 5-8 out of reach of FSOD'ers. I certainly don't miss having to only carry 1 weapon for fear you'd get FSOD'd and lose the rest

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

I lurked for a bit, and I'm pretty sure I had an account back when EP 1&2 for Gamecube was still on shelves. But it had been a while when I came back in 2012, so I made a new account.

I'm glad the site has lasted.
    I wrote an AC purchasing guide for JP PSO2 a long time ago. I don't play PSO2 anymore, but I still play Blue Burst sometimes. Maybe I'll catch you on there!

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Neith View Post
    I remember ADE (and the Table Flip meme that seemed to follow him because of his outbursts) and definitely remember H I M's SSJ lobby spamming. In fact entering lobbies to have the whole screen filled with GET WITH SSJ was a daily occurrence on GC

I mainly played with the same group of people (hyperacute, Aim, 09, Reno, Rath, Magenta, Sakuya, Erinne, Axel) as well as a Lv200 FOmarl called Aria. I did drop by Antares-08 a few times but ended up mainly on Mintaka 5-8 out of reach of FSOD'ers. I certainly don't miss having to only carry 1 weapon for fear you'd get FSOD'd and lose the rest
    This certainly brought back some funny and painful flashbacks.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

I feel like a grizzled ancient. I remember I was in high school when I first signed up on the site. This site has changed so much since the Dreamcast days and even I recently changed my name here. It had ups like when I had the opportunity to post the news, and it had downs like when it got knocked out for a whole month in November of 2004. While I had followed the series since before then, this place was the first place I really joined a community of players that also loved the game series I loved to play. Though the site kind of is a shadow of it's former self, I could never think of leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by Neith View Post

I remember Axel, Aim and Sakuya and I do remember them being a rare sight in Antares.

Yeah I'm pretty sure we moved to block 10 to avoid spamming lol.

Anybody remember Adam, the 200 Racast? I think my character is in a few of his "tutorial" videos that he made for PSO-W....

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

Hmm I joined up during PSU days, though I only got to play the last year that the game was up sadly.

I did however abuse the dropcharts here for PSO for years before hand. I think I arrived here through GameFaqs which I landed on through GameWinners which was back then my top search result for PSO Dropchart. I remember printing 50 pages or so worth of dropcharts before finding the more friendly ones on PSOW...which I managed to squeeze onto 1 page per difficulty. I still got the Ultimate ones in my drawer in a map haha.

I was never fond of forums really, heck I don't even know why I signed up here in the first place for PSU. I do remember though that I once posted a 50% super rare double saber that I made, enemy part one. And the entire forum wanted to kill me for having it put in my shop for just a Stack while it was 4x as much. I didn't expect it to be worth that much or sell in 2 minutes. I didnt return to the forum until PSO2 came into the picture. Good ol days

@Zips: Yeah I remember. I watched all of his videos and some of the names mentioned here are familiar to me too. I might have played with a few of you on "le wild private server that shall not be named" but I never was on the official sega servers aside the free trial.

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.