Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ah, yeah, this is very true, thank you for the reply and skill tree!

Hi everybody. After years of not playing on pc I am finally coming back to NA version. Are the builds in this thread still the best builds? I am planning to go Gu/Ra and Gu/HU.

Quote Originally Posted by Du1337 View Post
    Hi everybody. After years of not playing on pc I am finally coming back to NA version. Are the builds in this thread still the best builds? I am planning to go Gu/Ra and Gu/HU.
    No, they are not. For one thing, each one is missing 20+ skill points since the level cap is no longer 75. Secondly, also Gu/Hu is still OK, Gu/Ra has fallen behind, with the existence of the TMG stance ring, with the nerf to Weak Bullet, and other things I am forgetting (?). Also, the preferred class combination nowadays is Gu/Fi because of how much it helps dat lv85 skill.

Frankly, I am surprised that those URLs still load.

Disclaimer: I am familiar with Gu, but not really a Gu expert, so hopefully someone else will fill in if I missed anything.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

GuRa hasn't been a solid choice for a number of years now. GuFi is the general purpose best choice in PSO2 JP at the moment. GuHu is still fine but can't output the same level of damage as GuFi.

That much being said if your aim is for PSO2 NA, GuHu is probably what you should be looking at since GuFi assumes a lot of endgame gear which more than likely won't be available for a decent while in the NA client.

GuRa always has the issue that is extremely limiting, not as much anymore now than before because standing snipe was nerfed, but it still means you lose a good chunk of damage the moment you play Gu in a way that is fun and not discarding propre use of sroll as well as a number of good pas in favor of being able to constantly proc standing snipe.

Main reason I didn't touch go for so long after the initial nerf from its ep 2 op state.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellion View Post
    For Gunners, I'd say so. While many TMG PAs will make use of it, the boost from MS won't impact 3+ Sat Aims/ back to back Elder Rebellion usage for example. At least static R-atk ups will increase your damage all of the time, and to some extent makes up for MS. Striking portions of certain PAs will not be impacted by MS at all.

For a Ranger main, I think it should be scrapped for pretty much the same reason. That is to increase damage all around rather than increase damage just for non-standing snipe moments. Standing Snipe moments are when you need the most output anyway.
    I wholeheartedly disagree on this, although I do respect your opinion, I just want to put the light on another angle so that people can decide on themselves

-From a damage balance perspective, 75 R-ATK amounts to 2% at most while moving snipe is a 1.25 mult. While both GU and RA can get away with it for bossing (and even that is not entirely true) RA and GU typically constantly break SS on their mobbing options (especially true for another S-roll, the only unaffected PA is reverse tap and sadly, said PA is mostly used as a buffer for shooting type moving options while also breaking SS). Losing that much damage output on mobbing just doesn't seem right no matter how you cut it, unless you make separate trees, and even then, moving snipe should be the thing you default to more often than not. Unlike in the old days, now that UH is a thing, mobbing output matters a whole lot since you typically need to use several PAs to klll something, and constantly breaking SS and not getting anything for it is simply wasteful

- As hinted above, a lot of bossing options also involve breaking standing snipe to actually increase your damage output. simple examples such as double IF or Messiah Time chain enders as GU, or double EA for specific damage windows/ Impact Slider for RA can all net you vastly higher numbers than just being intent on keeping SS while ignoring how the sheer output of these options can completely offset the SS multiplier loss, and that's still ignoring the not negligible amounts of bosses you gotta give chase to anyway, since the PAs that buffer into SS get the MS mult, so unless you're staying in SS for an extended period of time, you actually get more damage out of the MS buffer PA + SS part of chain ender than you would from pure SS build on GU

Again not saying that forsaking moving snipe is straight up bad, but it should be saved for a separate tree dealing with specific quests, simply because losing moving snipe is a reaaally big loss on a good amount of quests, and I'd rather prioritize a "general usage" tree that uses it !
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Feb 27, 2020 at 09:15 AM.

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    ---
    Um .... it's from 2016 It's a necro'ed thread
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

Quote Originally Posted by final_attack View Post
    Um .... it's from 2016 It's a necro'ed thread
    Jebaited by the bump ups, why did it even go up there xDDD