Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

The next section is my favorite part. Something that I love about old RPGs is the reign of freedom they have compared to newer RPGs. Being able to pick and chose where you go next is a lost art.

Episode 9 posted.

Not all games are like that. You got to pick and choose where you went in Final Fantasy XIII-2 depending on how you unlocked things, and Lightning Returns basically had 4 separate story lines separated by the areas (sometimes intertwining) you could go to which were all essentially open to you as soon as you got past the first few opening scenes. I think it's more a case of having an open ended story that's lacking where the only way to really progress things is to go where the game tells you to go. Even in this, you still have key points you need to hit such as gathering all the items you need and the final boss doesn't move around dynamically. Sadly you're likely to only see that in a table top RPG like D&D/Pathfinder

I'm not saying she's an ice digger.
    But she's not stopping for those hilled shivers.

That portion is so satisfying. You go from not being able to survive more than a few fights at a time, to being able to traverse an entire planet without rest. It's less satisfying in the remake since you're forced into going into certain caves before going to the next ones, so seeing you plow through these caves was great.
    Did you get the diamond armor already? I must have missed that.
    I laughed when you replaced the iron armor with the Laconian armor. From the worst armor to the best in one shot. I wonder how much of an improvement that was.

I'll be looking forward to you going through the final stretch. I remember that being a pain.

One reason I'm glad for watching this is seeing how you use Noah. I thought he was pretty useless since he can't cast many spells. And I was pretty much right! He's just kinda carries around until he's needed, though he's pretty low maintenance so that doesn't hurt too much.

If you're interested in a parody comic, check this out. Goes through the entire game, just finished.

Yes, as described in the first episode I'm playing it on PC for the ease of capturing footage.

I was aware of that comic, but I hadn't followed it that closely. Glancing at the last few pages quickly I think there was a missed opportunity to allude to Copto.

I got the diamond armor after the grinding session.

Episode 10 is out.

And you went from being able to walk through an entire planet without rest, to having to run from everything just to keep your strength. The balance in this game is wonky.

Funny thing about the Generations remake: the two fights you have before Lassic are each harder than Lassic himself. You pushed aside the gold dragon like the nothing he was, but I died three times against him in the remake (there's a save point right before you fight him). Then a black dragon part way through the castle. Then Lassic, who's a pushover by this point.

I'm not stopping at just this game, I'm going to go through the whole series, and I do plan to cover the Ages 2500 games at some point so I'm sure I'll experience that.

Final episode uploaded.

I remember my kill on Lassic. Alis ran out of MP. I had no way of getting off the island.
    It took months for me to get a gameshark to hack her some MP so I could finish the game.

It seems like when you run away from an enemy, the chance of you running into the same enemy in the same spot is increased. Do you think that's just coincidence, or intentional?

I thought Falz and Lassic had a guaranteed chance of dodging all melee attacks. That's why the gun is better than the axe in my experience. But, I guess it's just a high chance of dodging, plus incredible defense. So the gun is still better anyway.

Your "pitfall" was timed perfectly.

So Phantasy Star 2 next? I'm interested in seeing your strategy for that game. It seems like it has to be brute-forced through, like PS1.
    And you're doing Phantasy Star 3? I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

More a case of editing on the pitfall. I was just trying to be funny. I record my mic audio separately from the game audio since that allows me to be a little creative every now and then.

No kidding on 2, that game is even more of a grind fest, and you want to figure out your final party and level only them. I'm sure everyone's familiar with Whistle hunting that has gone through that one. (Unless you're doing a TAS at which point you beat the game in under 13 minutes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOd_qjUAblU ) That's not what I'm doing though.

Just to be clear, I'm not only looking at main series games. There are technically 14 games can be called part of the Algol timeline. (Over 25 in the whole series.)

I've got the next one in mind but before I start into it I need to finish up Undertale, and I've committed to Mighty No 9 already on my channel. But an old project of mine will hopefully resurface before then. It'll explain why I'm going through the whole series.
    Last edited by PrinceBrightstar; May 10, 2016 at 10:54 PM.