Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default How to copy chara from one race to another

Spoiler!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/b454b52seth3oyp/guide.jpg

Instruction by asqvenkl, reposted here with permission.

The hex editor he uses is 010 editor
    http://www.sweetscape.com/010editor/

Base chara - Human
    Spoiler!

Dewman
    Spoiler!

Cast
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Sizustar; Feb 19, 2016 at 04:14 AM.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

I feel like, unless you know what you're doing, expecting someone to go through a hex editor just to make a copy of their character(where not all features are copied over) seems rather strange.

But hey, to each their own. I think I would just manually go through character creation manually than hex edit though. Unless I'm making alot of similar characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanaha View Post
    I feel like, unless you know what you're doing, expecting someone to go through a hex editor just to make a copy of their character(where not all features are copied over) seems rather strange.

But hey, to each their own. I think I would just manually go through character creation manually than hex edit though. Unless I'm making alot of similar characters.
    Character templete aren't the same for different race.

So if you use Io Dewman's picture as guide for human/newman/cast, it won't produce the same result.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Hex editing is not complicated at all though if given instructions on what to do. All you're doing here is changing a few bytes at the top, getting a checksum and changing a couple of bytes at the top again and it's done.

It will *look* complicated if you've never used a hex editor before, but these steps are mind-blowingly simple if you really try to follow what's going on.

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

This is wonderful actually.
    Thankfully I had some experience with this having to convert certain things to other things before, but never tried with PSO2.

Now I can get my Duman (who's meant to be a Duman version of my main who is human) to be an exact copy.

EDIT: Hang on, where is that checksum program? I thought that was what the mediafire link was at the bottom.

EDIT2: Nevermind. Got it. YAAAY DUMAN FIXED..................... when I get my next free makeover pass.
    Last edited by [Ayumi]; Feb 7, 2016 at 04:46 AM.

i think i stick to tracing method

Well, this might not be the cup of the tea for everyone.

Despite the big huge list of numbers and symbols (that would made people who are not-really acquainted with HEX or tried coding at least once to be turned off), it's actually kind of simple indeed.

In the end, more ways to quickly customize your characters are always welcomed.
    *editing post intensifies. Please wait around 5 to 10 minutes before quot-actually, just be wary that I edit my post often.
    .......Mostly because minor things like grammar and mis-spellings*

Quote Originally Posted by Kenichiro Takaki
    "Tits are life, ass is hometown"

For fun, I decided to trap a .fnp file to a .mdp file. edit: I meant to write try, but I guess trap also works too, lol.

Original newman:
    Spoiler!

Result on the dewman:
    Spoiler!

Pretty good methinks. B) Just re-apply some lipstick (I think there's some more natural colours on male) and give him a more dress-type outfit and could definitely pass off as a female char. I also forgot to set the right eye pattern but whatever.

And for those who are saying they'd rather trace out their chars: Don't bother, the method above takes 2 minutes, if even that, once you've done it once.

EDIT:

I decided to try the other way around (.mdp to .fnp) but it doesn't really work out so well:

Original dewman:
    Spoiler!

Result on the newman:
    Spoiler!

None of the face variations gave good results. Female to male works pretty well though.
    Last edited by Z-0; Feb 7, 2016 at 06:17 AM.

WTB more character creation files and less pictures. I'll stick to tracing method until it happens.

I'm not sure what people are finding confusing about this, so here it is in text with layman's terms (note: 1 byte is a double character space, such as AD, 00 or 1B):

1. Save the character you want to copy (A)
    2. Save the race you want to copy to (B)
    3. Open both A and B in a hex editor
    4. Copy the first 8 bytes from the second line from B to A.
    5. Highlight all of A, apart from the first line.
    6. Go to your hex editor's Checksum window, tick CRC-32 and Selection then press OK.
    7. With the result, place the result in the 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th (8 to B) bytes backwards on the first line of A.
    -- (EG: Result is 1A2B3C4D -> Type 4D 3C 2B 1A)
    8. Save A with the right extension and load it.

And it's done. Pretty much 4 simple steps to save a lot of work copying.
    Last edited by Z-0; Feb 7, 2016 at 06:38 AM.