Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Senran Kagura on PC

I heard Senran Kagura Estivul versus might come to PC on steam aswell and the creator himself said if it does he want people to go crazy and mod it however they please
    http://nichegamer.com/2015/06/senran...s-on-pc-daily/

Direct quotes from Niche Gamer and Senran Kagura creator Takaki =

Niche Gamer: Do you think that you have more creative freedom at Marvelous now, because of Senran Kagura? Do you think that goes into your overall role at the company?

Takaki: Yes, it actually changed a lot. There’s a lot more freedom.

Niche Gamer: Recently XSEED has put out more and more games on PC. We have a lot of hardcore PC fans who want to see Senran Kagura on PC. What are the chances of that ever happening?

Takaki: It is something that I always think about daily, like how do we create it. I’m not sure at this point if I can bring Estival Versus over to the PC.

I would love for the fans to create their own mods, and just go crazy on their creativity. I can’t really say if it will happen on Estival Versus, but it is something that I have on my mind, and how to make it work.
    Last edited by Chidori; Feb 6, 2016 at 12:14 PM.

Chidori / Ship2, Also feel free to visit us at http://gunvalk.saik0.com

If it is going on to be on the pc platform I hope it gets better treatment than MKX. I have a few games made by Xseed. They make some pretty cool games.
    Last edited by Noblewine; Feb 7, 2016 at 06:37 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Noblewine View Post
    If it is going on to be on the pc platform I hope it gets better treatment than MKX. I have a few games made by Xseed. They make some pretty cool games.
    XSEED is one of the few localization teams who actually think about all people that play their games. I'd like to see more of them.
    PLACEHOLDER SIGNATURE - music included ♪

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkaN View Post
    XSEED is one of the few localization teams who actually think about all people that play their games. I'd like to see more of them.
    What about Levels 5 or Atlus?

Sorry to de-rail to the topic chidori.
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chidori View Post

Takaki: It is something that I always think about daily, like how do we create it. I’m not sure at this point if I can bring Estival Versus over to the PC.

I would love for the fans to create their own mods, and just go crazy on their creativity. I can’t really say if it will happen on Estival Versus, but it is something that I have on my mind, and how to make it work.
    *nude mods happen and everyone stares at him*

Takaki: Did I fucking stutter?

takaki is awesome like that ;p

Chidori / Ship2, Also feel free to visit us at http://gunvalk.saik0.com

Smile Senran Kagura Estival Versus english date confirmed

They confirmed march 15, 2016 for NA and march 18 for EU. It's impressive they are localizing this about a year after the Japanese version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLNE0WBOf9s

http://xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/13...alization-blog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ7sWghKz18

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1190270

XSEED Games
    Official XSEED Games tumblr. We publish video games and like Onii dolls. Consider this a revival of our XSEED blog, but rebloggable!

We'll try to keep the news out and the fun and personal details in. Someone might post a blobfish or two. You never know.

If you would like to read about our early adventures, you can read them here!

SENRAN KAGURA Estival Versus - Localization Blog #2

When you localize for a game company that’s known for LEs, editing the game’s script itself is only part of the project. Our LE extras can be text-heavy too – ask Tom, who wrote every word of Adol’s travel journal for Ys: Memories of Celceta from scratch. For Estival Versus, since the dual CD soundtrack containing 70 tracks didn’t need much help from our localization side, series translator Jason and I had to work together to create all the text for the art book and collectible “pin-up cards” to complete the LE package.

The art book, at 108 pages, is a hefty one, featuring illustrated bios of each character, translated pages of game-related manga, and various images of the characters at work and play. The bulk of my part, besides working with Jason on the dialogue for the manga, was updating the bios. With Estival being a sequel to Shinovi Versus, 20 of the characters already had bios, written for the syllabus in Shinovi’s LE. Those, though, were written as basic introductions to the characters, using only what was established about them prior to the start of the game.

On that note, spoilers for Shinovi Versus below…

To update the bios for Estival, I looked back on what the characters had experienced since the beginning of the first game – keeping track of which story elements made it into Estival, thereby becoming official, and which were left by the wayside. (Just as well; it would have gotten old to end almost every bio with “Left for dead by New Hebijo.”) Since the start of Shinovi Versus, not only have the characters learned and bonded more, but we as the players have learned more about them, so the new bios reflect both those things.

Those bios also appear in many of the LE’s pin-up cards, where each of the six sets contains ten cards highlighting each of the five lovely ladies in a faction in two distinct ways. Each character has one card showing them in a casual outfit, with info on their background and personality, and another card that shows them ready for battle, complete with combat stats and tips for playing them effectively. Many of the characters’ moves and stats have changed since the last game (sorry, Hibari fans, no more infinite butt stomps), so Jason and I rewrote the combat cards to match. The final results are 6 distinct packs of 10 high-quality, holographic collectibles – in fact, part of the reason they’re not all packaged into every box is because that would have driven up the price too high, hence each LE coming with one pack chosen at random. Here’s a sneak peek at the 10 cards in the Hanzo pack, where we’ve simulated the effect that the holographic foil is supposed to have.

As for the game itself, the NA release of Estival will include the base game, up to version 1.06, on the disc/game card. Series veterans might already know that Estival has had a great many content update patches in Japan since its initial release, and so, upon taking the game online for the first time, you’ll be able to download them all up to at least version 1.17.

Why is all that not on the disc? A couple of back-end reasons, but the main one is that, while there’d be room enough on a Blu-Ray, there wouldn’t be enough room on a Vita card.

What’s in the title updates? Right off the bat, you’ll get Rin and Daidōji for free, as they were in the Japanese version 1.07. You’ll also get new multiplayer match types (ever wanted shinobi girls mecha combat?), various game balancing tweaks, some new menu features, and numerous other goodies. You can see what’s in the patches by pressing the Square button on the main menu, and there just might be a little more content beyond all that on the way…

Premium DLC items, which we’re planning to roll out on day one (since Japan has already had them available for a while), include a variety of new scenarios and characters.

They should add a ninja girl that wields whoppers

Last edited by Saner; Feb 29, 2016 at 11:59 AM.

pretty sure they all wield "whoppers" saner

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by The Walrus View Post
    pretty sure they all wield "whoppers" saner

Wah? You just had to go "there".

I'm happy to hear they aren't censoring anything in their game. 0/