Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Default Stop nesting spoiler boxes

If I have to click on more than one box to see your screenshot, I'm not going to bother looking at your picture. I've already seen pictures. I'm not going to work for the privilege to look at what you're posting.

No post should ever have more than one spoiler box. The exception is if there are multiple subjects your post goes over (Say, pictures of beach, then pictures in combat).

You probably wont be missing much anyway so.

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

I know what you mean. When I open a spoiler box just to see ten more spoiler boxes, I'm not going to continue my venture.

Keep it short, keep it concise - only one to four images per post (my personal preference), please.

Quote Originally Posted by Sayara View Post
    You probably wont be missing much anyway so.
    Usually not, no.

i always rub my wrists hoping it won't make carpal tunnel syndrome progress
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

huh? why are there spoiler boxes in the first place?

Sometimes images are larger than peoples monitor sizes, so as a courtesy we ask people to spoiler-box very large images

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Which is great.

But only one is needed. With one, the user has the option of opening and closing the box at will. Open it, I can see the image. Close it, I can view the rest of the page.

The problem is when there's eight spoiler boxes in one post. So if I want to see your images, I need to click them eight times. And if I want to go back to viewing, I need to click them again eight times.
    Eight times more work for me, eight times more work for you. Who wins? Only use one spoiler box!

Quote Originally Posted by RageousGray View Post
    huh? why are there spoiler boxes in the first place?
    A long time ago when the site was using different forum software, Phantasy Star Universe was getting closer to release and people were requesting a 'spoiler' tag for story spoilers. So I wrote up the code for a highlight-replacement spoiler tag. That tag works well if your spoilers are short. Since [spoiler] doesn't work very well with long pieces of text or images, there was follow-up demand for something more flexible. That lead to the spoiler-box tag being created.

When the forum software was upgraded, both tags were carried over to provide consistency on features and make sure older posts would be displayed correctly.