Page 56 of 58 FirstFirst ... 646535455565758 LastLast
Results 551 to 560 of 577

Thread: OverParse

  1. #551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrious12 View Post
    If you are going to use this in the Western Release, you best keep it to yourself.

    I doubt Sega will be a super strict about it as SE does with FFXIV, but in FFXIV it also is against the ToS to use parsers. But theirs no detecting it. However, if you mouth off to someone or talk about where you get the damage numbers from in XIV, it just takes one person to report, and you get a perma red flag on your account along with a 3 to 14 day ban depending on how many flags, 3 red flags and your permabanned, does not matter how many years apart they are either.

    Will see how its enforced for the western version though. Probably alot more lax if im gonna be honest.
    people are going to do it no matter how hard they come down on it, just the nature of people unfortunately. While some people (like me) see it as a good thing, its naturally going to be used for mischievous purposes as well. I mean if Sega would put in testing rooms etc like WoW does then i wouldnt care for parser but its sadly the next best thing until then
    Quote Originally Posted by ZerotakerZX - the man stuck in 2014 View Post
    Kewl, I'm using double set still, since when crafted stat boosts can overcome any full 12* set.

  2. #552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius-91 View Post
    The spyware was being bundled on the releases and not on the code on the repo itself. It's how the dude got away with it for a while until he slipped up and outted himself. As for your question, you have to change the assembly info, info description and whatever name it uses to display itself in the windows task manager to something NOT OverParse.

    Once that is done, you don't need overmounter anymore. Basically, you need to make a significant change to the exe's name so that the MD5 hash changes and not use the same name as what OverParse had.
    Thanks a lot for the details! I appreciate it.

  3. #553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    people are going to do it no matter how hard they come down on it, just the nature of people unfortunately. While some people (like me) see it as a good thing, its naturally going to be used for mischievous purposes as well. I mean if Sega would put in testing rooms etc like WoW does then i wouldnt care for parser but its sadly the next best thing until then
    Yea its fine if they do it, they can do what they want. Just as long as they are prepared to possibly lose their account by mouthing off in any which way about it.

    Im all for doing the absolute best damage as possible myself, but I dont want someone harping on me about low dmg numbers as I try to figure out things, since my two main classes will be BO/HU and Hero. I been trying to find good guides explaining how to play these classes, found one for Hero, but many guides I seen for Bouncer contradicts other guides and its been confusing me.

    Some guides say stick to one BO weapon and play accordingly, some guides say using both weapons is mandatory. Its a mess. And once game comes west, while im figuring stuff out, I dont need no super elitist giving me a hard time about my damage numbers as I try to collect the gear and such I need to use these two classes properly.
    Last edited by Alexandrious12; Jun 23, 2019 at 11:52 AM.

  4. #554

    Default


    So this one is safe to use it again? o still has the spyware?
    https://github.com/mysterious64/OverParse

  5. #555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loyd Azakuya View Post

    So this one is safe to use it again? o still has the spyware?
    https://github.com/mysterious64/OverParse
    Spyware was only on the bundled releases of the japanese version, not the code on the repo. All other forks retained the how to build message, except for the Japanese version, as the dude behind that one wanted everyone to use his releases and discouraged people from building their own.
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

    Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. \_(ツ)_/

  6. #556

    Default

    I don't get it, why don't companies like these programs? I mean I could record one of my gameplay session with OBS, play it back in slow motion and write down my damage, so why do they care?
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

  7. #557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    I don't get it, why don't companies like these programs? I mean I could record one of my gameplay session with OBS, play it back in slow motion and write down my damage, so why do they care?
    because toxic gamer environment but you got me blocked and obviously dont remember what Sega commented on the Parsing issue awhile back so idk why im replying to you since you cant see this
    Quote Originally Posted by ZerotakerZX - the man stuck in 2014 View Post
    Kewl, I'm using double set still, since when crafted stat boosts can overcome any full 12* set.

  8. #558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    because toxic gamer environment but you got me blocked and obviously dont remember what Sega commented on the Parsing issue awhile back so idk why im replying to you since you cant see this
    There, Now he can.

    Your welcome.

  9. #559
    Hardcore Casual Dark Mits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Ship 02, B-005
    Posts
    1,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    I don't get it, why don't companies like these programs? I mean I could record one of my gameplay session with OBS, play it back in slow motion and write down my damage, so why do they care?
    Companies will care about this in 2 cases:

    (1) If a parser actively makes the game unstable, or increases lag for other players
    (2) If it drives players away

    Sega, like Square for FFXIV, fall in the latter category. They fear that if they show that a damage parser is acceptable, then it will become widespread, and players will use it as a means to belittle others instead of just for personal use and improvement.

    Blizzard (World of Warcraft developer) on the other hand not only accepts it, they actively endorse it because they use the logs from players for balancing and for future patches. I can't find it now but a blue post from over 10 years ago went something along the lines that if someone else is using damage meters to hamper your gaming experience, then you should put that player on your ignore list, just as you should put anyone who hampers your experience for any or no reason.

  10. #560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Priest View Post
    There, Now he can.

    Your welcome.
    tanks

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    Companies will care about this in 2 cases:

    (1) If a parser actively makes the game unstable, or increases lag for other players
    (2) If it drives players away

    Sega, like Square for FFXIV, fall in the latter category. They fear that if they show that a damage parser is acceptable, then it will become widespread, and players will use it as a means to belittle others instead of just for personal use and improvement.

    Blizzard (World of Warcraft developer) on the other hand not only accepts it, they actively endorse it because they use the logs from players for balancing and for future patches. I can't find it now but a blue post from over 10 years ago went something along the lines that if someone else is using damage meters to hamper your gaming experience, then you should put that player on your ignore list, just as you should put anyone who hampers your experience for any or no reason.
    its like i said a double edge blade
    Quote Originally Posted by ZerotakerZX - the man stuck in 2014 View Post
    Kewl, I'm using double set still, since when crafted stat boosts can overcome any full 12* set.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •