Page 14 of 58 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast

Thread: OverParse

Uh, didn't do anything last time I tried. Maybe because I was in the campship :x

Quote Originally Posted by elryan View Post
    You can clear the window by clicking End Encounter in the menu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordy View Post
    Uh, didn't do anything last time I tried. Maybe because I was in the campship
    End Encounter leaves the combatant list intact by design, so that you can review it / screenshot it / whatever. Is there a particular reason you need the window to be empty?
    Apple (Ship02) - HuFi Sword - "take damage for better uptime"
    WaifuDfnseForce Founder | OverParse developer | maker of stuff

HAPPENING EDITION!

To be honest, I kinda liked the old GUI, but it's not that much different.
    They both look fine. I think. Anyway, thanks.

Ooh sexy release!

Anyways IMO the reason to use this tool should not be to brag or bash other players or even look for leeches (like yes every pug MPA since i started using this had max 3 people with 20% damage then some people who at least try and rest is 2% people, but even if you can really verify the person does nothing and block them, you will get someone like that in the next RNG party).

The very good function of this tool is the post analysis for self improvement and the ability to advise others with actual data. For self analysis you can try experimental strategies on a fight and see if the total DPS improves or not, being able to see damage spread for individual attacks also helps deciding which SPs are worth and which are not (for example Attack Advance in braver tree is 50% extra power to regular hits... except when you look at the meter I was surprised how little those actually do - like 1%. Increasing that by 50% means nearly nothing and spending the 5 points on something like step advance or jump reversal that can save your life might be much better choice.. sometimes even snatch step does more damage than hits xD )

The second useful things it allows you to do is to give a proper constructive advise to people who are not doing so well, seeing their damage analysis shows you all their PAs used - you can see if they are using the wrong things. Additionally if you can see their damage spread being similar to the correct one but with much lower values (and lower Max hit) while using equipment that is not that much worse, you can probably assume their SP tree might be badly constructed or their PAs might be low level.
    So instead of just telling someone that they suck, its important to try to see why that is and try to advise them what to do differently (especially team members etc who you want to keep partying with).

PS: for TD4 and spread MPAs like that it is no use to try comparing people's damage, as mentioned they might be doing something more important to save towers, but also damage from your ais is not counted.
    And mainly you might be doing few hundred k damage to random mobs near towers which are also important to clear and in the meanwhile someone hits WBd enemy AIS with banishing arrow for 5mil... cant really compete with that, people who solo take care of Ais will always be on top just because of the weakness.

New OverParse. This includes an update notifier, window opacity options, and various minor fixes/backend improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by TyroneSama View Post
    window opacity options
    I knew i was missing something and this was it! perfect

Suggestion, if you can identify all the pet abilities and AIS/Turret attack IDs, you might want to have an option to split them up (e.g. YOU|PetDogA or YOU|AIS, etc...).

I think what I'm going to do is probably merge the AIS/Turret information the same way I do pets in the damage dumper, and have it just show up as the player's damage. This way, it can later be split up based on attack ID.

Quote Originally Posted by Variant View Post
    Suggestion, if you can identify all the pet abilities and AIS/Turret attack IDs, you might want to have an option to split them up (e.g. YOU|PetDogA or YOU|AIS, etc...).

I think what I'm going to do is probably merge the AIS/Turret information the same way I do pets in the damage dumper, and have it just show up as the player's damage. This way, it can later be split up based on attack ID.
    I haven't decided how I'm going to display auxillary damage yet. I think pets will remain inline (the % damage breakdown in the log file is probably enough), but using AIS is basically like playing an entirely separate character, and probably deserves its own breakdown for self-auditing -- not to mention the way the inflated damage skews the results.

Let me know if you decide to update the parsing plugin again, I'll get right on logging AIS/turret IDs.

This is awesome stuff!

Thanks, man, for your hard work.

おつかれーGJ

I've always wanted to see how bad MPA's damage output truely was /sarcasm

Joking aside, this is already pretty useful for me and will probably continue to be in the future, thanks for doing this
    Pso2 - Ship2: Proud manager of team Celestial
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Falcon View Post
    Loading tunnels have gone from 10-15 seconds down to 2-3 seconds and the normal lobby stuttering mess is buttery smooth currently.
    This must be some kind of glitch, I refuse to believe Sega have finally fixed this game's horrible performance problems.