Page 43 of 58 FirstFirst ... 334041424344454653 ... LastLast

Thread: OverParse

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMag View Post
    Maybe the PSO2 Mod scene exploding recently should be a sign to Sega to actually take content updates seriously. I feel like lack of content is why the scene exploded in popularity.
    That's exactly why, tbh. I mostly just fix SEGA's mistakes (ex: my lipstick fix) with my mods, but it's really all there is to do anymore that's somewhat interesting, and fulfilling.

Honestly, I'd dare to say that's even why we need a parser. If people were busy having fun with new content, they wouldn't be as busy using the Parser to better themselves. Not that people wouldn't use it at all, and not that it's BAD that people want to improve, but when I see people debating over a 0.5% increase in damage, and paying god knows how much money for it, I know there's a problem SOMEWHERE.

That's why Parser is actually, in my opinion, keeping more players than scaring away. SEGA's probably making more money with Parser around than without it. The whole thing is dumb and I really hope things get figured out with minimal stressing on TyroneSama, Variant, and anyone else who works on this stuff's part.

Even though I mod myself, I'd say they're waaay better off focusing on mods than a near-harmless program/plugin. While I personally don't use mods to avoid purchasing things, it's entirely possible to do so. If someone so much as wanted to, they could make their character look as cool as anyone else's without spending a single cent of real money or in-game. If you ask me that's way more game-breaking than OverParse ever could be.

And yet. SEGA.

Anyways, @all devs, if there's anything I can do to help (testing etc) PM me. It's summer break, I'm a high school student without a job, I have plenty of time.
    getting banned would be a blessing at this point please help me I have spent a miminum of $3,000 on this stupid game

New content needs to actually be fun, too. SEGA has yet to grasp the concept.
    SEGA's idea of "fun" is "go spend a year doing old shit again for a sidegrade".

And yes, with damage parser effectively prohibited, I've once again lost incentive to do boss EQs.
    I started doing them again to test my damage and refine my playstyle. Now it's back to the same old "can't tell if I'm making any difference".
    Very boring. Good job, SEGA.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMag View Post
    Maybe the PSO2 Mod scene exploding recently should be a sign to Sega to actually take content updates seriously. I feel like lack of content is why the scene exploded in popularity.
    That and there's a lot of shit that is clearly in the game but inaccessible due to SEGA being assholes.
    Examples include:
    - Intentionally withholding stuff for ages (eg. NPC-exclusive equip/camos/etc, such as Matoi's newest outfit and the weapons that NPCS have).
    - Locking colors for a ton of outfits, when they are actually customizable in the game's code.
    - Huge lack of color options for most of the content in the game. SEGA hates green, for example. They love ugly pastels.
    - Ruining outfits with ugly shoes or some other crap that can easily be very fixed via modding.
    - Locking content behind Star Gem lottery with miniscule chance for success.
    - Inability to customize stuff like makeup, some of which are combined instead of separate, with no alternative options, for some bizarre unknown reason.

I've always said that modding really pinpoints where the original devs have failed.
    Sure, it's SEGA's game and all.
    But as I've said before, it feels like they don't seem to have done anything significant that players have been begging for, for a long long time.
    At least, not without colossally mangling it in a fashion that drives everyone away.
    They do that so often that I really have to wonder if it's on purpose.

I mean, look at the enquete stuff. I'm pretty certain most people complain about the same things, and request the same things.
    What does SEGA do? Hold improvements hostage until next episode, intentionally make us farm old shit to obtain "fixes", or lock popular requests behind paywalls.
    It's at a point where I feel I'd be better off not telling SEGA what I want most, because they will find a way to screw us instead.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Jul 3, 2016 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elryan View Post
    EDIT: Maybe they'll detect the OverMounter instead?
    They have effectively given up on catching OverMounter. After the self-modification update, GG went totally impotent and couldn't do anything. I actually think that this is why the parser announcement came about in the first place -- they realized that they cannot credibly block or detect the parser at all.

I obviously encourage people to make their own calls, now that the parser is explicitly being enforced as bannable, but I really don't think anyone using the tool has much to risk at this point. The announcement is for the shitheads who are making public blacklists or mass-reporting underperforming players, not your average guy who's just curious about their damage.

Anyway, I'm thinking about a user-friendly way to combine all of the bypasses into one, will talk with Zogzer and Variant about things in the next few days. Accessibility is a big goal of mine, after all.
    Apple (Ship02) - HuFi Sword - "take damage for better uptime"
    WaifuDfnseForce Founder | OverParse developer | maker of stuff

Quote Originally Posted by TyroneSama View Post
    They have effectively given up on catching OverMounter. After the self-modification update, GG went totally impotent and couldn't do anything. I actually think that this is why the parser announcement came about in the first place -- they realized that they cannot credibly block or detect the parser at all.

I obviously encourage people to make their own calls, now that the parser is explicitly being enforced as bannable, but I really don't think anyone using the tool has much to risk at this point. The announcement is for the shitheads who are making public blacklists or mass-reporting underperforming players, not your average guy who's just curious about their damage.

Anyway, I'm thinking about a user-friendly way to combine all of the bypasses into one, will talk with Zogzer and Variant about things in the next few days. Accessibility is a big goal of mine, after all.
    big ty in advance, we all appreciate that

Awesome.
    They should rename GameGuard to ImpotentGuard.

Now that the situation has calmed down a bit, I would like to present two ideas. I know OverParse is freezed, so I'm not requesting them:

1. You have implemented the options for [Show damage graph] and [Show Zanverse damage separately]. Would it be possible to have the option to [Show Zanverse damage] in the same bar graph but with a different color, when the option [Show damage graph] is active and the option [show Zanverse damage separately] is inactive? That is, a bicolor bar showing normal damage with one color and Zanverse damage with another color.
    2. Given the current capabilities of the plugins, would it be possible to have a "Healer mode" in OverParse? That is, instead of showing the total DPS, show who is healing more, either with resta, megiverse, weapon potentials, or skills from their skilltree. I think the only skills capable of doing that are Healing Guard and Absortion from Hunter, Just Reversal Cover from Braver and Heal Share from Bouncer.

Again, I'm not asking for them. I'm only wondering if it's possible given the current capabilities of the plugins and OverParse.

For HPS you can use ACT but the problem is Megiverse is credited to the attacker, not the caster.

Megiverse's ID is also shared by some weapon potentials (namely Celestial Bullet and Vampiric Blade), essentially not allowing that.

Quote Originally Posted by TyroneSama View Post

If that is true, then I think there are two or three (evil) things that can be done to prevent future GameGuard Detection:

- Instead of text-based separate plugin that is prone to detection, integrate damage plugin into the OverParse itself and perform in-memory parsing. (Also faster and less taxing on disc usage. Breaks ACT but who cares about ACT right?)
    - Protect that memory from being read using some magic System.Security.Cryptography functions.
    - Obfuscate the process / executable name by using GUID or something, preventing detection by name (random gen 21EC2020-3AEA-4069-A2DD-08002B30309D.exe is harder to detect than OverMounter.exe / OverParse.exe).
    Last edited by elryan; Jul 3, 2016 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

Quote Originally Posted by elryan View Post
    If that is true, then I think there are two or three (evil) things that can be done to prevent future GameGuard Detection:

- Instead of text-based separate plugin that is prone to detection, integrate damage plugin into the OverParse itself and perform in-memory parsing. (Also faster and less taxing on disc usage. Breaks ACT but who cares about ACT right?)
    - Protect that memory from being read using some magic System.Security.Cryptography functions.
    - Obfuscate the process / executable name by using GUID or something, preventing detection by name (random gen 21EC2020-3AEA-4069-A2DD-08002B30309D.exe is harder to detect than OverMounter.exe / OverParse.exe).
    And sega will be humiliated