Page 56 of 58 FirstFirst ... 646535455565758 LastLast

Thread: OverParse

Quote Originally Posted by Loyd Azakuya View Post

So this one is safe to use it again? o still has the spyware?
    https://github.com/mysterious64/OverParse
    Spyware was only on the bundled releases of the japanese version, not the code on the repo. All other forks retained the how to build message, except for the Japanese version, as the dude behind that one wanted everyone to use his releases and discouraged people from building their own.
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't get it, why don't companies like these programs? I mean I could record one of my gameplay session with OBS, play it back in slow motion and write down my damage, so why do they care?
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    I don't get it, why don't companies like these programs? I mean I could record one of my gameplay session with OBS, play it back in slow motion and write down my damage, so why do they care?
    because toxic gamer environment but you got me blocked and obviously dont remember what Sega commented on the Parsing issue awhile back so idk why im replying to you since you cant see this
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    because toxic gamer environment but you got me blocked and obviously dont remember what Sega commented on the Parsing issue awhile back so idk why im replying to you since you cant see this
    There, Now he can.

Your welcome.

Companies will care about this in 2 cases:

(1) If a parser actively makes the game unstable, or increases lag for other players
    (2) If it drives players away

Sega, like Square for FFXIV, fall in the latter category. They fear that if they show that a damage parser is acceptable, then it will become widespread, and players will use it as a means to belittle others instead of just for personal use and improvement.

Blizzard (World of Warcraft developer) on the other hand not only accepts it, they actively endorse it because they use the logs from players for balancing and for future patches. I can't find it now but a blue post from over 10 years ago went something along the lines that if someone else is using damage meters to hamper your gaming experience, then you should put that player on your ignore list, just as you should put anyone who hampers your experience for any or no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Priest View Post
    There, Now he can.

Your welcome.
    tanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post

(1) If a parser actively makes the game unstable, or increases lag for other players

Sega, like Square for FFXIV, fall in the latter category. They fear that if they show that a damage parser is acceptable, then it will become widespread, and players will use it as a means to belittle others instead of just for personal use and improvement.

Blizzard (World of Warcraft developer) on the other hand not only accepts it, they actively endorse it because they use the logs from players for balancing and for future patches. I can't find it now but a blue post from over 10 years ago went something along the lines that if someone else is using damage meters to hamper your gaming experience, then you should put that player on your ignore list, just as you should put anyone who hampers your experience for any or no reason.
    its like i said a double edge blade
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post

I 100% agree that if this tool slows down the game for others, that it shouldn't be allowed, at lease in the scenario where you're playing with others. That being said, if you go to a solo block and play alone, I don't see the harm.

As for the other point where some players could get but hurt, now that's pathetic. Like I said before, I can just record my gameplay session and that will give me the opportunity to right down my damage. Do players report to SEGA the people who upload their elite gameplay on YouTube because it hurts their fee fees to see that they don't deal as much damage because instead of learning how to affix, they waste their time configuring auto-phrases in their settings?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Priest View Post
    There, Now he can.

Your welcome.
    Butt-hurt that I pretty much classified you as a parasite in the "consistently" closed topic?
    Last edited by the_importer_; Jun 24, 2019 at 11:16 AM.
    Spoiler!

As for the other point where some players could get but hurt, now that's pathetic. Like I said before, I can just record my gameplay session and that will give me the opportunity to right down my damage. Do players report to SEGA the people who upload their elite gameplay on YouTube because it hurts their fee fees to see that they don't deal as much damage because instead of learning how to affix, they waste their time configuring auto-phrases in their settings?
    It's not about people seeing other players damage and feeling bad because they don't do as much, it's about the people who go "look at how shitty this person's dps is on these parses", and basically "DPS shaming" people and causing a lot of pointless drama, harassment, and tension between players.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    It's not about people seeing other players damage and feeling bad because they don't do as much, it's about the people who go "look at how shitty this person's dps is on these parses", and basically "DPS shaming" people and causing a lot of pointless drama, harassment, and tension between players.
    Wait, are you saying that you can see other player's DSP with this program?
    Spoiler!

Wait, are you saying that you can see other player's DSP with this program?
    Yeah, that's how most dps parsers work. In fact it's on by default, you have to turn it off yourself last time I checked. The screenshot on the first page even shows what it looks like.