Page 1 of 58 12341151 ... LastLast

Thread: OverParse

Default OverParse

This tool violates the PSO2 Terms of Service. While it is currently presumed safe to use and undetectable by GameGuard, SEGA claims to enforce its use as a bannable offense, and action could potentially be taken against your account. Please use caution and discretion.

OverParse is a standalone log reader and overlay for Variant's PSO2DamageDump plugin. It shows damage statistics for you and your MPA in realtime, and provides basic damage breakdowns for later analysis.

DOWNLOAD LATEST
    Version history | Source
    Last edited by TyroneSama; Oct 30, 2017 at 08:19 PM.
    Apple (Ship02) - HuFi Sword - "take damage for better uptime"
    WaifuDfnseForce Founder | OverParse developer | maker of stuff

Very nice. Will try this later.

Just curious, how long have you been using this personally / internally?

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

Quote Originally Posted by elryan View Post
    Very nice. Will try this later.

Just curious, how long have you been using this personally / internally?
    A little less than a month now. It's been an interesting process.

Hopefully the ACT performance issues should be handled now, but I think this app should suffice for anyone who just wants some real-time data with a nice overlay.

However, OverParse logs unknown attacks to a file whenever you end an encounter, showing each attack's ID and damage dealt.
    You shouldn't need to do this though. The file itself only logs the ID, so just reloading it with an updated skills.csv is probs enough.

I'll work on the summoner stuff next week, hopefully I won't need to update the format, but if I do I'll try to minimize the impact. I'll send a pull request if I change something with the format.

ACT performance is much better now but my teammates still rly like this OverParse.

Quote Originally Posted by Variant View Post
    snip
    I actually gave the new ACT plugin a try, performance is definitely much better. I also can't be assed to implement all of the tools that it has (though OverParse does report % damage breakdowns by attack, which is probably my favorite feature of ACT), so like I said, it's definitely better for anyone who needs powerful analysis/logging/customization. I don't intend to replace the standard.

The unmapped attack logs are just for my sake. If someone comes to me and complains that something is unmapped, I can just ask them to check OverParse's logs folder and pull the ID out for me, without sifting through the CSV. They're also timestamped relative to the encounter, so they can be compared with recordings. That's actually how I got all the Summoner mappings.

Thanks for your work, btw. And if you do plan on poking around in my code, beware, it's StackOverflow spaghetti in a lot of places. D:

Alright, I'm retarded, how do I actually get this to work?

I don't use the tweaker or anything related to it (have absolutely no need for it), and I have a feeling using this is a bit more complicated than just downloading your program and booting it up, because it's telling me to load the damage parser plugin and I'm just like wat... ?

This was the easiest thing to set up, and for a noob like me it's super user friendly. You're a hero Tyrone!

Since this isn't anywhere and I had to grab it from a friend (I'm assuming it's built into Tweaker or something):

PSO2DamageDump.dll

This needs to be in pso2_bin/plugins before loading OverParse and should probably be mentioned since not everyone uses the Tweaker.

Furthermore, these two files:

ddraw.dll
    pso2h.dll

Had to be in pso2_bin (I don't know which of these are necessary but the Parser didn't work with just the DamageDump.dll).
    Last edited by Z-0; Feb 9, 2016 at 08:37 AM.

Thank you TyroneSama, Variant, and OTHERS for this cute lil thing! and thank you Z-0, I was curious about those of us without tweaker.

I will try this later, pretty excited to see how bad I am!
    IDOLA: 212, 329, 988