Page 42 of 58 FirstFirst ... 323940414243444552 ... LastLast

Thread: OverParse

Quote Originally Posted by Sora3100 View Post
    It looks like they're finally detecting the plugin instead of the program
    Confirming this. The plugin stuff isn't really my department, so I can't speculate on how things will continue.
    Apple (Ship02) - HuFi Sword - "take damage for better uptime"
    WaifuDfnseForce Founder | OverParse developer | maker of stuff

oh so RIP parser entirely then? meh...

tbh i would be totally fine if sega would just lift the dmg cap from 999.999 to indefinitely and they could just show it like 1100K, if the numbers are too long/large, since its so outdated now, where lots of classes can surpass the cap alrdy

Looks like they're just doing MD5 scans. I'm not about to play cat and mouse with them, but at the least I've updated the plugin on AIDA's server to test the theory. If you redownload the one on the server it should be OK.

If they do another MD5 block, uh, well I guess you can just open it up in a hex editor and start adding 00 to the end.

Maybe TyroneSama can make OverMounter protect PSO2DamageDump.dll :^).

I might throw together a quick utility to automate adding garbage to the plugin, so that people can unfuck their MD5s without technical knowledge. But I'll go ahead and confirm what Variant said for now: pop PSO2DamageDump.dll open in a hex editor, add garbage to the end, and it should work with no problems.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not even sure if I want to automate the process. Who knows what they'll do next. :')
    Apple (Ship02) - HuFi Sword - "take damage for better uptime"
    WaifuDfnseForce Founder | OverParse developer | maker of stuff

Wanna say that Overparse is working fine.

SEGA probably already put more time into purging damage parsers than making new content this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    SEGA probably already put more time into purging damage parsers than making new content this year.
    True, tbh. I really question why I still play this game.

A lot of work has been put into OverParse and I'm assuming, also, the plugin. It just makes me sad to see this all happen. Like 9 times out of 10 people are using the program to improve themselves. (In my case, I just stared and cried a little.) And even then it was used more to call out AFKers, iirc? (Really, there should be an afk-kick in some missions. It won't help us get the DPS back but at least we'll know the person isn't getting anything out of it.)

Just the other day I had an 12/12 but really 11/12 PD, because someone joined while in a party with someone who must've been AFK beforehand. They never showed up, and the DPS was horrid. (I feel like an overall AFK kick timer might be useful for block space, but there's plenty of reasons not to do that too.)

For me right now the only thing to do in the game is farm stuff for 13* weapons, but for others, there's not even that. I wish they'd just leave the parser alone and get some new content out. The lack of content inevitably led to me personally, spending more time with the game's files than in-game. I think it's almost more fun, considering the horrifying textures I've found.

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

Maybe the PSO2 Mod scene exploding recently should be a sign to Sega to actually take content updates seriously. I feel like lack of content is why the scene exploded in popularity.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by TyroneSama View Post
    I might throw together a quick utility to automate adding garbage to the plugin, so that people can unfuck their MD5s without technical knowledge. But I'll go ahead and confirm what Variant said for now: pop PSO2DamageDump.dll open in a hex editor, add garbage to the end, and it should work with no problems.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not even sure if I want to automate the process. Who knows what they'll do next. :')
    At this point, instead of wanting to use the parser, I am more interested in how they're going to block it if you're going to randomize the payload behind the dll. Please do it, for science.

EDIT: Maybe they'll detect the OverMounter instead?
    Last edited by elryan; Jul 3, 2016 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

Quote Originally Posted by elryan View Post
    At this point, instead of wanting to use the parser, I am more interested in how they're going to block it if you're going to randomize the payload behind the dll. Please do it, for science.

EDIT: Maybe they'll detect the OverMounter instead?
    They were doing the same thing with Overparse, and once the exe started to dynamically change the MD5, they countered with an announcement about blocking the parser :^).