Page 44 of 58 FirstFirst ... 344142434445464754 ... LastLast

Thread: OverParse

Quote Originally Posted by DrCatco View Post
    Now that the situation has calmed down a bit, I would like to present two ideas. I know OverParse is freezed, so I'm not requesting them:
    #1 is possible and something I've thought about myself. #2 is possible, excluding Megiverse, but I have no plans to implement it because HPS is not a useful metric in a damage-race game. ACT does an adequate job, though.

Quote Originally Posted by elryan View Post
    If that is true, then I think there are two or three (evil) things that can be done to prevent future GameGuard Detection:
    They gave up as soon as straight-up MD5 checks stopped working on the mounter. I honestly don't think anything further should be necessary, just some kind of utility to dodge hash checks on PSO2DamageDump same as OverMounter. With that said, there is plenty of stuff we can do to foil further attempts if SEGA or GG feel like trying again.
    Apple (Ship02) - HuFi Sword - "take damage for better uptime"
    WaifuDfnseForce Founder | OverParse developer | maker of stuff

Thank you, that's all I wanted to know. I would like to see #1, but there's no hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by elryan View Post
    ....Also faster and less taxing on disc usage. Breaks ACT but who cares about ACT right?....
    Maybe I'm the only one but being able to ACT helps me realize some things Overparse cannot do atm, such as "what time a particular type of damage was done" and damage/time graphs.

Being said that Overparse is still nice and this...

Quote Originally Posted by TyroneSama View Post
    ....Accessibility is a big goal of mine, after all.
    Really...thank you!

EDIT: Wrong quote...sorry

They gave up as soon as straight-up MD5 checks stopped working on the mounter. I honestly don't think anything further should be necessary, just some kind of utility to dodge hash checks on PSO2DamageDump same as OverMounter. With that said, there is plenty of stuff we can do to foil further attempts if SEGA or GG feel like trying again.
    Maybe it's just me but I'm those types of paranoid programmers. Because I feel the next thing SEGA will do instead of preventing OverParse from running is:

IF (There are damage logs in existing folder) OR (There is an executable / dll named ...) THEN { ban player }

So doing in-memory parsing and obfuscating process name is probably paramount for account security. The memory protection is overkill and just for giggles though.
    Last edited by elryan; Jul 4, 2016 at 05:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

It'd be funny doing overkill just to see if SEGA ever manages to catch up.

i am need that new version with PSO2DamageDump protect
    Ship 02. Player ID Name: Firesword
    My stream: https://gaming.youtube.com/c/Fireuniverse/live

Quote Originally Posted by FireswordRus View Post
    i am need that new version with PSO2DamageDump protect
    For now, you can grab Variant's new version, or hex edit it yourself and add some random data onto the end.
    Apple (Ship02) - HuFi Sword - "take damage for better uptime"
    WaifuDfnseForce Founder | OverParse developer | maker of stuff

since i haven't seen the number stated and i don't have OP anymore, can someone who does tell me XH odin's HP in the LQ?

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    since i haven't seen the number stated and i don't have OP anymore, can someone who does tell me XH odin's HP in the LQ?
    Total HP should be around 12-12.5M, not sure when he'll do the "ultimate quest auto fail skill" tho (too much Gurens from other players since the beginning of fight)...will try check if you want

Quote Originally Posted by Kr1zalid View Post
    Total HP should be around 12-12.5M, not sure when he'll do the "ultimate quest auto fail skill" tho (too much Gurens from other players since the beginning of fight)...will try check if you want
    that sounds right based off of a few solos i've watched. thanks.