Default Question about Digital Art

What tablets do you use and recommend avoiding at all cost?

I've been considering the (CTL490DW) Wacom Intuos Draw around $79 cad, but want to know what else is out there.

Wacoms are the general monopoly for tablets. Intuos Draw is a good startin up tablet for sure. I use the Intuos Pro 5 myself.

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

Intuos 3.

Wacoms are pretty much the only known tablets that are worth spending money on. There are cheaper alternatives, but I never hear anything good about them.

I use an old ass trust tb 7300 and it's working just fine. Found a compatibility issue with Krita recently.
    Busy doing nothing...

Anything to say about the Huion H420, and Huion 420? I found them on amazon for 34.99 and 32.99 respectively, compared to the local price, 79.99+13% for the Intuos Draw. Personally I want the intuos draw but budget wise, is either really better than the other?

I just want assurance I can grow with it for the next year of owning it atleast.

And thanks for the great replies
    I often use Gimp2, I know of Paint.Net and I only recently heard of Krita, anything requiring payments or subs I have to avoid, not enough money to spend just to learn a new tool.

On a side note are there any other art communities you'd recommend for someone with little talent looking to grow?
    Last edited by Rickjaemz; Feb 14, 2016 at 10:43 PM.

I've heard Huron is an ok brand, it'd just again Wacom is the monopoly on those products... it's all you really ever hear. Why not try a YouTube search to see if anyone uses it and shows it off?

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

Quote Originally Posted by Sayara View Post
    I've heard Huron is an ok brand, it'd just again Wacom is the monopoly on those products... it's all you really ever hear. Why not try a YouTube search to see if anyone uses it and shows it off?
    I did, Most reviews I've come across just play OSU! and draw in MSpaint lol

I think it comes down to how much you are gonna use it and how seriously. Most professional artists swear by Wacom tablets (and I've seen them try others). Of course you can draw with any tool, given enough time, but if you are constantly fighting a crappy tablet, is that really how you wanna spend your free time?

On the other hand: I've been drawin on my iPad lately with apples pencil, and it works surprisingly good, and the pen is big made by Wacom, but the price is more Wacom like. So yeah...