Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

Default Recently ordered this, anything I'd be direly missing without a Japanese PSN?

Obviously I won't be able to grab or use DLC, which is a given. Outside of that, is there anything I'd be missing out on by not having a Japanese PSN, and just using my regular old US one? Will it still patch the same and all that?
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

Coming from someone who plays a lot of Japanese imports, I can safely say that it updates just as any other game would.

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

Ok, cool. I've never imported a game on my PS3 / 4 / Vita / PSP, so wasn't sure how it'd have worked (if it read data from your regional Sony servers, from the game's publisher, or if it automatically read data from the server of the region the game originated from.)

Thanks.
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

The only hard part is materials & cores. Many menus and text are either in English or super easy to figure out.

Have you gotten your copy yet? I was debating on getting this or a special edition of PSO2 for when I get my Vita.

Quote Originally Posted by djknitex View Post
    Have you gotten your copy yet? I was debating on getting this or a special edition of PSO2 for when I get my Vita.
    Why not both? I'd recommend Nova, personally. You can sink a ton of hours into the single player mode.

To me, the Nova game plays smoother with better framerates and is a prettier game. I've got both.

I was debating whether or not to get nova. sounds like the JP import works fine on a US Vita.

It does but you won't be able to get any of the DLC (extra quests, collaboration costumes and the Sunshout/Garnet side-stories), so I'd personally recommend setting up a JP PSN if you have an extra memory card and buying it from the store, it's not too much hassle.

Nova is a great game though, it's basically what PSO2 should have been honestly, a game with a lengthy grind that you progress through at your own pace and time. I restarted it recently and forgot how much fun it was, although I've not played it in a bit because grinding FO to 105 for Ice Weapon is kinda boring.