Lightbulb in February, FFXIV 3.2 Gears of Change releases

it's gonna freshen up the content and expand the interesting story as well.

trailer may contain spoilers

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/02/12...iew-patch-3-2/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZET2yYZLN8

3.1 is underrated, yes there was a long gap after the devs vacation before it, but the content is still awesome, and 3.2 is looking to be even more awesome. Though I'm avoiding much of the media. To this point, I've played FFXIV and got a lot more surprises and emotions experiencing the content and progression without looking up spoilers. (really glad playing through Heavensward without spoilers too).

and especially paying a sub, it helps avoiding spoilers to get more money''s worth since surprise is also a key element.

yea it can be hard when some of the content reveals basically spoil things you will see and fight during the story progression as well, but people can still minimize the amount of spoilers they watch. And there's some incredible things that happened during 3.1 that I'm glad their trailers didn't spoil.

but it's SE so you know they can slip up at times with things they show.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

I'm pretty excited for 3.2. I was never able to farm Thordan (no learning parties get past meteors, and farms don't go long enough for me to master the fight, so there's no way for me to progress), so a new easier primal will give me the ability to finally gear my classes.
    New tombs and new raid means I can get my other classes to a respectable item level without spending three months gearing per job.
    I enjoy beastman dailies, and I like the Gnath, so I think I'll have fun there.

What server do you play?

The new update seems interesting, but not sure if it'll be enough to keep me staying there for long. At the moment all I really have left to do is grind the other classes to 60, so I'm really not that motivated to keep playing. With the new content I'll at least be able to see the new story, and quickly run through the new dungeons/post game content, but it's hard to say how long I'll stay there. (Of course I do like the game still, but I have other things I want to do as well besides spend all my time on it.)

End game is pretty boring in FF14 if you don't have a static, even that eventually loses it's appeal. I do like the changes to coming to tank classes and DPS boost to Machinist. Also, I'm pretty excited about mentor system. I think that will renew my interest in the game alot. Now a days all I do is log in do my dailies then log out.

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

I never could understand the appeal of a static. Signing your free time away to a group you may hate, just so you can do content.

My big issue with post game was its dailies. When I got home from work at 7 pm, I only had till 11 to do things. The daily dungeons for eso and what not ate up 2 hours of that... Meanwhile my friend I got to play tends to play it non stop all day. He just runs dungeon after dungeon because he likes it, while it became a chore for me. Instead whenever I log in I mostly stick to pvp, or will sometimes help someone in the fc.

3.2 sets things up very nicely for the story events to come in 3.3 They should add whopper recipe.

I hate how they're handling the gear. When Alexander came out, I went and got a set for a few of my jobs. When the weekly restriction was removed, I got the sets for the rest of my jobs. Soon after, I learned that Alex gear wasn't enough to really do much, so I still couldn't use those jobs I geared. And now it takes just a few hours to gear any job you want, making all the gearing I did before useless.
    As far as I know, the only way to stay geared enough to do current content is to spend my time doing easy mindless content for several weeks to get the best gear, which will remain viable for the longest period of time. But by the time I get that, all my other jobs will have fallen behind.

Crafting is still a mess. I can finally craft gear that's viable for raids, but it requires such incredible stats that I'd need to spend as much time as crafting as I would trying to get similar gear. And since crafting is 90% gathering, that means spending most my time running from node to node.

Ah well, at least I finally have an excuse to use my Ninja. And with a new primal out, I'll be able to get weapons for all my classes once everyone has it on farm.

Oh, and Qoxolg made a thing. Go check out his thread and gawk at his majesty.

It's all a grind. I don't play for the Extreme nor Savage content. So being around i190 is enough to do the Sephirot normal content. there's still tomes to get to get i200+ gear fast.

I wouldn't optimize gear since of course next update there will be better gear and the older gear will be faster to get.

Take it easy, and don't overgrind and you can enjoy it more without burning interest. There are casual and hardcore ways to gear up, and anything that is obsolete in stats, may still have value in glamouring that gear if you like wearing it.

Thing is, I like extreme trials. And those require great gear. So I get great gear for one class, and all the sudden the others are obsolete. In the mean time, I'm doing extreme trials so I can gear up all my other classes, so, that's pretty ironic.
    I used to be satisfied with the common tome items, since it was enough to get through most content. But now, it's just not. This expansion, common tome items were 170 while most people were in 210. I think last one, it was closer to tome items being 90 and everyone being in 100 or 110, which seemed much more manageable.

And really, I don't mind spending all this effort getting gear. It's what you said, gear being easier to get next patch. Why spend twelve weeks collecting 230 gear now when I can do it in a week in a couple of months?
    But then I can't do current content, and I'll always be performing worse than other people despite working harder.

It's just... it's a mess. At least I can gear half the classes the game has if I just gear tank and healer.