Default Stuck at character creation screen

When I go to create my character, I get nothing on my screen. There's no music or any sort of animations besides the animated background. There are also no graphics to click. The only way I know it's not frozen or anything is because the background is still animated and when I click on the "x" to close the window, it asks me if I'm sure I want to quit the game.

NOTE: I found that someone else had the exact same problem back in 2013, and AIDA said the problem was likely the story patch (and that it would be resolved way back then). The user in question instantly fixed the problem when he learned that he needed to get rid of the story patch, but I do not know how to do that and when someone asked it was never answered. Can someone please help me?

Since I can't post an image for being less than 10 posts old I am going to interrupt the imgur address so you guys can see what I see--just delete the ***

i.imgur.***com/D87wBzu.jpg
    This is all I see.

What should I do? Anybody having this problem? I haven't seen anything about it online, and I looked for a while. All the problems I found were people saying the game's crashing. My game's fine; not crashing at all. Just hanging at the creation screen...
    I've made a character and account before though, back in January. I have a new account though, and when I log into my old one, picking my old character and playing as it gives me no problem at all. It's only when I'm making a new character on my new account...[/QUOTE]

it's typical messed up files, if you are using tweaker delete win32list_DO_NOT_DELETE_ME.txt from the pso2 directory and do a file check in tweaker, should be good to go after, if that doesn't help do a file check from the official launcher, you can always skip the first step and do the check from official launcher
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    it's typical messed up files, if you are using tweaker delete win32list_DO_NOT_DELETE_ME.txt from the pso2 directory and do a file check in tweaker, should be good to go after, if that doesn't help do a file check from the official launcher, you can always skip the first step and do the check from official launcher

Thank you! I checked for missing files and I was missing around 3,700. I had to do the English patch notes again, but it's working now.