Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default PSO2 has gone too far off the rails.

I can't take the game seriously anymore.

11 months without a new Ultimate area?

An Episode that takes place on actual Earth that acknowledges the PSO universe is a video game and invalidates the entire PS Storyline back to PS1? Just to make a few bucks off of high school girls who like to play dress-up?

No level cap increase for a year and a half?

The only way to progress your gear is to collect hundreds and thousands of stones that are absurd in variety.

What the actual fuck?

Imagine this game two years ago and imagine it now. It has NOT gotten better.

It really pisses me off that a bunch of non-gamers who want to spend money on aesthetic, "phone app" quality BS are ruining my experience. The almighty dollar / yen ruins another good franchise.

There's no way it can come back from this. They have to continue increasing the level of absurdity to keep the money coming in.

I returned to PSO1 on a private server two months ago, and it's the most fun I've had since PSO2 first released.

*sigh

In with the crusaders who defend the game to the end. Let the slaughter begin...

Maybe at least one other person feels the way I do =/

Every game is doomed by the wallets of non-gamers causing devs to make decisions that push seasoned gamers to the fringe. This is going to happen with everything. Nothing can stop it. Idiots always ruin everything good and pure -_-;

A new ultimate area would be nice along with more new challenging content.

I don't think the new episode invalidates anything though, PSO2 was a game on Earth but we know that both Earth and the PSO2 universe are real.

I actually like that there hasn't been an increase in max level, that means I can enjoy the game and not have to grind all my classes constantly to keep up with the latest level. I enjoy being able to actually play the classes I enjoy.

The stones offer an alternative to impossible odds random chance, and it's not bad.

A lot of the new content itself is fun, I particularly enjoy the Train Ghidoran boss.

But it's all just personal opinion. I'm sorry you're not enjoying the new stuff.

If you quit I'll happily take your tradable stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    No one wants to see your Space Whale of a character doing Rodeo Drive.

Maybe its not the game for you.

On my personal opinion i think that being able to get 13* Without paying dollars is a really good move by SEGA and its the total opposite of the give me money mentality.

That and they give the players tons of free AC stuff including Este passes, Grind sucess,skill resets etc.

In terms of Ultimate i think that Ultimate was not a good mode because they were extremely tiresome with the mobs being extremely resistant and the loot being horrendous including stones dropped there and souls.

The story i dont want to speak for now because its too early and we still dont know the villain of this EP4 and dont forget the matterboard took some time too actually get to dark falz elder.

New tokyo map is one of the best maps on PSO2 the sprint mechanic is a welcome addition that makes the game more dynamic, unfortunately SEGA release the limited maps on old EP1-3 maps and Tokyo map was not played that much.

Overall i think the game was improved from a "i cant get nothing" too a "i can get if i play" mentality.

Would you have preferred pso2 when it was in it's infant state pre alpha?

Btw, anyone got that footage? I can't find it. It's super early footage when kartagots looked different.

I expect a new ult pretty soon, like around the summer. Right now they're trying to get the story up and running and have a mid-way climax with Yamato raid.

Midway? The story just started!

I haven't touched PSO2 since running through the new tokyo fields one single time.

I seriously don't like the direction it went in, it isn't phantasy star anymore.

I was reserving my judgement until i tried it out, hoping that the new director wouldn't go full dumb. Now it has officially become a basic b**ch anime videogame to the point of addressing the next 'story' will have a **bath** scene.

It's just glaringly bad, going from profound darkness and demise, then such a HUGE shift in tone, vibe, and style.The ONLY thing I give EP4 credit for thus far is the Phantom enemy type, they ARE creative, and it IS a fresh take, but it could of been done in a different way or in a different location.

The level cap has been set for far too long, the content is waaay to easy nowadays, there's no longer challenge or incentive to play except if you really like a specific costume or LA coming in the next scratch.

Mah PSOs
    Ship 02
    Grace Hu/Fi 80/80, He 80
    Jazz Br/Hu 80/77
    Skorne Fo/Te 75/75, Ra/Gu 75/75
    Rex Diablos Fi/Hu 75/75

Ultimate is overrated.

You're not really reading the story aren't you?

You got 4 SP extra already. Why do you even need that extra 5 SP?

You're misunderstanding those stones. Those stones are "consolation prizes" for the real thing not dropping, NOT the thing to aim for. (e.g. Instead of aiming for the stones to drop, you need to aim for the actual weapon to drop)

Have fun playing PSO1. Don't let the doors hit you on the way out.

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

Oh, it's this thread again. But this time with a "I am the last true player, everyone who disagrees is a non-gamer casual scrub" attitude. By all means, highlander harder. There can be only one!

Where's the popcorn?

Quote Originally Posted by MidCap View Post
    An Episode that takes place on actual Earth that acknowledges the PSO universe is a video game and invalidates the entire PS Storyline back to PS1? Just to make a few bucks off of high school girls who like to play dress-up?
    Try to understand what's happening in the storyline before you complain about it. There's even a thread dedicated to it.

Maybe at least one other person feels the way I do =/
    Someone did. Feel free to follow their example.