Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1320212223242526 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shoterxx View Post
    99 little bugs in the code,
    99 little bugs in the code,
    Take one down,
    Patch it around.

127 little bugs in the code...

Spoiler!

Jokes aside, need to fix some aliasing (not present in either images) and very low screen brightness issues. And then release!

Man, this shader just changed so much since I started it. I started it over 3-4 times already.
    Oh man, been waiting forever for your new preset. Glad your almost finished, can't wait! : D

you gonna release a beta or what?
    栄美
    ID: joshirosama

Quote Originally Posted by pkemr4 View Post
    you gonna release a beta or what?
    If you want it to randomly turn your screen full white or full black (or even full purple), then I think there shouldn't be an issue with that. I can't seem to fix the low brightness issue.
    Do you have ANY bug in PSO2? Are you creating yet another thread about how you can't take screenshots, your game crashes, or textures are missing AGAIN? Do you NOT search the forum before asking? Then the L.A.W. FIX is for YOU!

It's EASY! Just go: Tweaker -> [!] button -> Other tasks -> Enable Large Address Aware, and you're DONE! Just remember to do it EVERY UPDATE!

2 quick updates:

- I'll be updating this thread on how to install ReShade 3.x soon. I've about finished my Ryzen build, and I'm going to get myself a clean PSO2 install, to make sure there are no other annoying factors around. But yeah, it's possible to run it properly on PSO2, and with Tweaker/Telepipe/RAISER.

- A recent Windows 10 update broke compatibility with some older NVIDIA drivers. If your PSO2 install suddenly refuses to start, and you don't seem to be fixing it no matter what, update your drivers.
    Do you have ANY bug in PSO2? Are you creating yet another thread about how you can't take screenshots, your game crashes, or textures are missing AGAIN? Do you NOT search the forum before asking? Then the L.A.W. FIX is for YOU!

It's EASY! Just go: Tweaker -> [!] button -> Other tasks -> Enable Large Address Aware, and you're DONE! Just remember to do it EVERY UPDATE!

whats the advantage to using reshade 3 over reshade 2.. pretty neat you figured out how to make it work but is there a reason to swap over once the instructions to do it are added?

The effect library is different.
    Performance is somewhat better (there are exceptions, and loading times can actually increase drastically if hoard all the effects). On top of that, there's a performance mode that saves a couple FPS if you really need them.
    You can tweak the settings on the fly, without need for external tools, or even alt-tabbing, and all in real time.
    You have access to a bit more detailed information.

That's about what I can recall. I'm still sticking with ReShade 2.0 for my shaders simply because of a few compatibility issues. I've ported 2 of them, but the motion blur I had overlaps the UI for some reason, rendering it unusable.

So PC is ready, and got a clean ReShade 3.0 install.

Install is simple:
    - Download and run ReShade 3.0 setup;
    - Select pso2.exe AS DIRECTX 10+ (as to avoid both API hook and GameGuard issues);
    - Copy ENBInjector.exe and set target .dll to dxgi.dll and target program to pso2.exe;

And that's all really. Beware that if you install all effects, loading times and alt-tab times will be huge due to the way ReShade handles things now. So after you're done setting up, clean up what you don't need.

Also, to Ryzen users. PSO2 benefits from SMT disabled. From what I've experienced, it tries to hog thread #0 and #15, which causes some minor stuttering. Even though averages are pretty much the same, there are way less spikes. Alternatively, just set pso2.exe's affinity to even numbered threads (that is, the physical cores).

I'll do a better explanation and move this to the front post once I become less busy (I'll still be busy during Easter though).
    Last edited by Shoterxx; Apr 4, 2017 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoterxx View Post
    So PC is ready, and got a clean ReShade 3.0 install.

Install is simple:
    - Download and run ReShade 3.0 setup;
    - Select pso2.exe AS DIRECTX 10+ (as to avoid both API hook and GameGuard issues);
    - Copy ENBInjector.exe and set target .dll to dxgi.dll and target program to pso2.exe;

And that's all really. Beware that if you install all effects, loading times and alt-tab times will be huge due to the way ReShade handles things now. So after you're done setting up, clean up what you don't need.

Also, to Ryzen users. PSO2 benefits from SMT disabled. From what I've experienced, it tries to hog thread #0 and #15, which causes some minor stuttering. Even though averages are pretty much the same, there are way less spikes. Alternatively, just set pso2.exe's affinity to even numbered threads (that is, the physical cores).

I'll do a better explanation and move this to the front post once I become less busy (I'll still be busy during Easter though).
    Which enbinjector do I use? I'm currently using the generic v0.004. I copied the exe and ini file to pso2_bin and this is how I set up the enbinjector.ini:

[LIBRARY]
    LibraryName=dxgi.dll

[TARGETPROCESS]
    ProcessName0=pso2.exe

Nothing happens

Quote Originally Posted by Solva View Post
    Which enbinjector do I use? I'm currently using the generic v0.004. I copied the exe and ini file to pso2_bin and this is how I set up the enbinjector.ini:

[LIBRARY]
    LibraryName=dxgi.dll

[TARGETPROCESS]
    ProcessName0=pso2.exe

Nothing happens
    That's the one.

Did you start the injector before the game?

Yep. I read somewhere that if the game opens up too fast the injector doesn't have enough time to actually inject the dll file. Is that what's happening here?