Page 1 of 26 123411 ... LastLast

Default How to: ReShade on PSO2 - News bumps!

Plenty of users tested it, seems to work fine. If it doens't, re-check all the step below!

Screenshots:
    Spoiler!
    The preset in the screenshots, download it here. Just paste the contents of the folder inside it in Reshade's. This was meant for Reshade 1.1.0! Get it here.

Known Issues:

- NOT COMPATIBLE with PSO2 Tweaker, both use ddraw.dll, starting the game with the tweaker removes ReShade (you can use its plugins however);
    - The game can hang on startup if you attempt to use both ENB Injector and Arks Mod tool;
    - ReShade can be pretty taxing. Be wary of overheating, even if your perfomance's still good;
    - If for some reason, GG acts up, try updating drivers/resetting your Inspector configuration/close all uneccessary meddling programs. Also, make sure you're using ddraw.dll and NOT d3d9.dll!
    - ReShade appears to have a hidden depth buffer lock whenever networking kicks up a notch. According to Crosire (the creator of ReShade injector), it's supposedly to prevent cheating, even though it's only annoying in PSO2;
    - As with any injection method, ReShade is not 100% guaranteed to work all the time, though, if by itself, it still works 99% of the time. If it fails, try again a couple more times. If it still fails, recheck instalation.

Like any other plugin, mod, tweaker, 3rd party add-on: don't blame anyone if you get banned.

Instructions:

Step 1 (Optional for plugins): Get Tweaker, run it (without starting the game), download plugins, and close it;
    Step 2: Get ReShade;
    Step 3: Copy Reshade32.dll, Reshade.fx and Reshade folder to pso2_bin;
    Step 4: Rename Reshade32.dll to ddraw.dll;
    Step 5 (Optional for plugins): Get ENB Injector;
    Step 6 (Optional for plugins): Extract ENBInjector.exe and enbinjector.ini into pso2_bin;
    Step 7 (Optional for plugins): Open enbinjector.ini and make sure it looks like this:
    Spoiler!

Step 8 (Optional for plugins): Run ENBInjector.exe and Arks Mod Tool before running PSO2;
    Step 8.5 (Optional for plugins): If for some reason the game hangs on startup while using both ENB Injector and Arks Mod Tool, restart the game, and as soon as the PSO2 splash screen goes away, close the Injector;
    Step 9: Run PSO2 with the .bat method;
    Step 10: PROFIT.

Congratulations, you can now do whatever you wanna do with ReShade.

Uninstalling:

Start the PSO2 Tweaker. Done.

F.A.Q.:

Q: ReShade turns on, but nothing happens/turns off right afterwards!
    A: ReShade does not have any enabled effects turned on by default. You need work with those yourself (I'll have a tutorial later on).

Q: I'm getting NP1013!
    A: Make sure you renamed your ReShade32.dll to ddraw.dll, check for other running applications, reset your driver profile, and if that doesn't work, update your drivers (since it cleans a lot of filthy settings).

Q: I only want to use SweetFX!
    A: Use this version of ReShade instead.

Q: Is there a better way to use both Arks Mod Tool and ENBInjector at the same time?
    A: You can try openning ENBInjector with the game already running. It decreases the chance of game hangs and AMT failure, but also the chances of injecting the plugins correctly.
    Last edited by Shoterxx; Dec 31, 2016 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Added issues and F.A.Q.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoterxx View Post
    Known Issues:

- NOT COMPATIBLE with PSO2 Tweaker, both use ddraw.dll, starting the game with the tweaker removes ReShade;0
    Step 3: Rename Reshade32.dll to ddraw.dll;
    Why not drop the Reshade32.dll to the plugin folder? pso2h.dll will load any DLLs in the plugin folder

Just keep a real plugin DLL active in the folder as well

what ingame settings conflict with it?
    栄美
    ID: joshirosama

Quote Originally Posted by Alam View Post
    Why not drop the Reshade32.dll to the plugin folder? pso2h.dll will load any DLLs in the plugin folder

Just keep a real plugin DLL active in the folder as well
    While the plugin starts up, it fails to inject properly, so no.

Quote Originally Posted by pkemr4 View Post
    what ingame settings conflict with it?
    You mean PSO2 settings? Blur and AA might cause some artifacting, but everything else should be fine. You might also want to disable bloom for ease of adjustment.

If you mean ReShade settings, it seems that the depth buffer access code trips GG, which causes it to shutdown the game forcibly. Disabling it entirely seems to fix it. Also, GG does not allow custom d3d9.dll, if I'm not mistaken.

You mean PSO2 settings? Blur and AA might cause some artifacting, but everything else should be fine. You might also want to disable bloom for ease of adjustment.
    yea that. i run with it disabled anyways but i use inspector for AA. do they conflict?
    栄美
    ID: joshirosama

Quote Originally Posted by pkemr4 View Post
    yea that. i run with it disabled anyways but i use inspector for AA. do they conflict?
    They shouldn't, just make sure it's not some rude multisampling or FXAA as it might cause said artifacts.

http://puu.sh/nmwup/34c003ae95.png I'm pretty sure it should be working but when I press scroll lock or any othey keys I set it doesn't do anything, also there's no visual difference in game. No idea what I'm doing wrong. ._.

Youtube: AlphaBlob | Discord Server | Ship 02: Akahana | ID: AlphaBlob | Team:『Khaos』

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBlob View Post
    http://puu.sh/nmwup/34c003ae95.png I'm pretty sure it should be working but when I press scroll lock or any othey keys I set it doesn't do anything, also there's no visual difference in game. No idea what I'm doing wrong. ._.
    Have you tried configuring? Because it has no effects on by default :P
    Other than that, injection seems to have been successful.

Also, common mistake, if you have a laptop, check if the Scroll Lock does not require you to press the function button (Fn for short) in order to work.

Underlined red is the usual default key, you can also try VK_F12 or VK_F11.

Highlighted yellow means that values should be like that always. Im still not 100% sure starting disabled is required, but it's better being safe that sorry, if all I have to do is push a button.
    Last edited by Shoterxx; Feb 26, 2016 at 04:34 PM.

Have you tried configuring? Because it has no effects on by default :P
    Other than that, injection seems to have been successful.
    How do you configure the effects? I never used ReShade before. :|

Edit: Nvm I figured it out kinda, would you mind sharing your settings though? They look really good.
    Last edited by AlphaBlob; Feb 26, 2016 at 04:49 PM.

Youtube: AlphaBlob | Discord Server | Ship 02: Akahana | ID: AlphaBlob | Team:『Khaos』

How do you configure the effects? I never used ReShade before. :|
    Well, I'll probably do a better tutorial later on, but here's the main gist of it:

(The Mediator tool that came with it can assist you in tuning the effects, but it's so broken that I simply cannot recommend it, sorry :/)

In the same folder where Common.cfg is located, there are other .cfg files. SweetFX, CustomFX, GemFX, McFX and BasicFX (the latter is mostly for utilities) that have multiple shaders settings. Usualy, they have comments on its side explaining what each effect does and the first "#define" line activates said effects. For example:

Red underlined shows the line where you can activate the effect.

The black circle shows the values the creator of the shader recommends for the setting pointed by the blue arrow.

Remember how I said no depth buffer access? As it says in the yellow highlighted part, this one requires it, so it will not work, even if you turn it on.

Note that most effects are much more complicated than this. But a few of them are quite self-explanatory, while others have a nice effect by default.

Edit: Nvm I figured it out kinda, would you mind sharing your settings though? They look really good.
    Yeah... I accidently overwrote them xD I'm redoing them from parts that I remember but it might take a bit longer.