Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

now that we know that d3d9 can be used as ddraw... chance for ENB..?
    though i believe gg will kicks for some reason

Quote Originally Posted by seilent View Post
    now that we know that d3d9 can be used as ddraw... chance for ENB..?
    though i believe gg will kicks for some reason
    Incorrect, d3d9 can't be used as ddraw. Remember, ReShade is an injector in form of a wrapper. ENB is an actual wrapper. AND even if it did work, depth buffer access is always forced on, which triggers the kick.

To be honest, unless specificly made for a game, like GTA V or Skyrim, you should just use ReShade. ENB is not made for universal game usage, unless you use the outdated 0.075c version.
    Last edited by Shoterxx; Feb 27, 2016 at 06:13 PM.

Youtube: AlphaBlob | Discord Server | Ship 02: Akahana | ID: AlphaBlob | Team:『Khaos』

Wonder if there's a way to use it with tweaker/proxy. Living in SEA sucks :T
    Quote Originally Posted by WarSarah View Post
    in other news, accept your angular tits.

So I just tested this, and is it turns out, it seems Gameguard doesn't give a shit if you're using the depth effects as long as you're using ddraw and not d3d9. Very strange behavior, but I'll take it!

If you're wondering why I'm so sure, usually Gameguard kicks me out within a minute or two of starting the game with reshade. I ran through the entirety of a volcano free field just to make sure. I even afk'd for like 15 minutes in the lobby without issue.

Some quick pictures:

Spoiler!

Thing is, my settings have a pretty shocking performance impact when paired with sgssaa. Gonna have to try a different route for anti-aliasing it seems. (Downgrading to 2x is not an option due to the excessive blurring.)

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    So I just tested this, and is it turns out, it seems Gameguard doesn't give a shit if you're using the depth effects as long as you're using ddraw and not d3d9. Very strange behavior, but I'll take it!

If you're wondering why I'm so sure, usually Gameguard kicks me out within a minute or two of starting the game with reshade. I ran through the entirety of a volcano free field just to make sure. I even afk'd for like 15 minutes in the lobby without issue.

Some quick pictures:

Spoiler!

Thing is, my settings have a pretty shocking performance impact when paired with sgssaa. Gonna have to try a different route for anti-aliasing it seems. (Downgrading to 2x is not an option due to the excessive blurring.)
    What's your DOF setting?

And most of hte other effect seems to take a big hit on frame rate too, SweetFX still hast the lowest hit.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post

Thing is, my settings have a pretty shocking performance impact when paired with sgssaa.
    Gonna have to try a different route for anti-aliasing it seems. (Downgrading to 2x is not an option due to the excessive blurring.)
    For me, I still get kicked after a bit. But I heard forced driver settings often allow ReShade to get access to normaly unaccessible depth buffers. Will investigate further!

EDIT: Is anyone running DoF/AO on a NVIDIA Optimus system without GG having issues?
    Last edited by Shoterxx; Feb 28, 2016 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sizustar View Post
    What's your DOF setting?

And most of hte other effect seems to take a big hit on frame rate too, SweetFX still hast the lowest hit.
    I turned off the near DoF to fix the UI blurring issues. Here's what I'm using now:

Spoiler!

And Matso DoF settings are just the defaults.

I'm still trying to figure out the best compromise between quality and frame rate. For some reason, downsampling gives better performance than SGSSAA. However, it's also highly unstable (especially with regards to alt tab and taking screenshots). Might just end up sucking it up with 2x SGSSAA or something.

Good news, people! After a whole day of NVIDIA shennanigans, not only did I manage to raise my GPU clock to 3x higher (O_O, w**), but manage to figure out how to fix the damn GG vs depth access issue! Basicly, if you have any issues at all, reset your PSO2 driver settings (my Optimus settings were forcing specific .dlls to load for some reason), update drivers and make sure you have no meddling applications, like OBS, anti-virus and others around.

And with that, we can now use Depth of Field, Ambient Occlusion, Reflective Bump Mapping and other locked effects.

And I've got a lot of work done on my new settings (which I'll probably upload some time soon):
    Spoiler!

With these, I can run my laptop's native 1366x768 @ ~29 fps (I have a 840m). Also note that I disabled all graphical settings in-game, except for soft particles.

Oh, I just learned about the reflective bump mapping shader. It's pretty cool.

Sure helps the mines look a bit less bland (but only just a bit):
    Spoiler!

Too blurry, tho. Need to fix that. Blurriness aside, I quite like the aesthetic.