Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516

Whole thing looks a bit wonky to me. Granted the benchmark shows that my GPU can only run it at 40-70fps.

I'll just wait until it is actually in the game since I run Tier 5 with max in-game settings and generally don't drop frames.

That bump mapping really makes the volcanic area less visually boring.

Tier 5:
    Spoiler!

Tier 6:
    Spoiler!

I can deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Squal_FFVIII View Post
    I'm on windows 8.1 not touching windows 10 ^-^

I'm very curious as to why you don't get similar results as me with the same card. Is your CPU overclocked? My 4790K is at 4.6. Also what kinda 980ti do you have? I have the EVGA superclocked one with the custom cooler on it not the stock one.

I've seen screenshots of another dude with a similar rig to mine but he has a 970 and he gets 40K+ and that's with a 970.

Lastly in the old benchmark (the one that has Kuna in it) I would get a slightly bigger score if I was on windows 7 vs 8.1.

If this new one is anything like it then I would assume that windows 7 still gives you a slightly better score. However i'm not gonna format into windows 7 just to test this =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    A few things to remember

1) Windows 10 allows for Direct X 12
    2) The 980 GTX card was one of the first cards that was Native Direct X 12, and not "Direct X 12 compatible"

In short, owning a 980 GTX and not running Windows 10 is a bad move.

3) I own 980 GTX Superclocked too because I love the 3 - 5 year extended warranty that EVGA gives you for buying one of their products FOR FREE as opposed to the shitty warranties that exist on other cards. One does not simply purchase high end video cards without having the backing of a good and reliable warranty.

4) Synthetic Numbers are meaningless and a marketting ploy when it comes to gaming:

40 - 100K is irrelevant

What is relevant is your Minimum, Average, and Maximum Framerate possible while running a game WITHIN the game's allowing maximum framerate for smooth animation.

5) Bigger Scores came in Windows 7 because Windows 8 demanded more resources and was made with a different idea in mind. Even so, the score was slightly better...

I know the answer to the following Question, but I want to see if anyone here also knows it.....

"Does anyone here know if the Tier-6 graphics remain completely in Direct X9 or do they break into areas that are handled better by Direct X 11 or 12?"

My CPU isn't overclocked, and to be honest, I have no idea how to do so, plus I don't think I want to try overclocking it.

I've tried doing small overclocking on my previous graphics card, which was a GTX 970, and the results weren't impressive, not to mention that I'm pretty sure it wrecked the card.

And it was an EVGA GTX 970. What was even more ridiculous is that when I got a replacement GTX 970(since I was still on warranty), the replacement one was buggy and had problems too, and I had to go get another replacement. It kinda made me give up on EVGA and I just handed over the new GPU to my brother for his computer, and I went to buy a GTX 980 Ti from Gigabyte instead. Haven't tried overclocking it either, and I'm fine anyway, since it's already a monster of a graphic card at the moment.

And Keilyn, very interesting thing you mentioned about Windows 10. I had been constantly delaying my update from Windows 7 to Windows 10 for quite a while, but perhaps it might convince me to do it soon.