Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I like characters with some sort of thematic or aesthetic contrast (usually cobining traits I consider "cute", with ones I consider "cool"), but I don't really have a specific character I'd call "mai waifu", and I don't think I've ever been outright attracted to a fictional character in that sort of way. Characters like Bayonetta and Satsuki are cool to me, but more in a "I wanna BE that kind of woman" kind of way. Or something.

I just like characters

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

Quote Originally Posted by Sayara View Post
    I just like characters
    You'd be surprised how many people don't, but surely you have favorites, or at least favorite achetypes?

Well yeah I got some i like more than others. But thats pretty normal behavior, i didn't leave them a cake on front of a monitor for their birthday...
    or make a character using their name...
    or anything like that ! ! !

I prefer classical dashing rogues like Robin Hood or d'Artagnan, myself.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic25144_2.gif
    It's either real or it's a dream. There's nothing that is in between.

Spoiler!

A true waifey

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    You'd be surprised how many people don't, but surely you have favorites, or at least favorite achetypes?
    I'm actually less surprised. The people, who tend to like a wider range of characters, are often the people who actually create characters. The writers, the artists. Because they were tasked with creating various characters, they tend to have fallen for a good number of archetypes. But the more you are a consumer without being a creator, the more likely you are to like a smaller range of characters.
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    In teacher education you have to study child abuse cases since you are a legally mandated reporter and need to recognize the signs of child abuse. You end up coming across some cases of people raising and molding their own children to be their ideal mate. It's depressing, to say the least. I know the waifu stuff is meant to be harmless, but it always makes me think of this.
    Holy crap, this thread went to a dark place way quicker than I expected.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

I always think of my characters as my babies. They aren't extensions of myself, they aren't just eye candy, and they aren't love interests. They're something I give life to, and something I take pride in. That's why I hate being stuck with cutesy and sexy outfits and animations I'm often stuck with. Those are traits I have no interest in applying to my characters. Strength, skill, grace, wisdom, knowledge, modesty, kindness. These are the traits I want my characters to radiate.

So, I hate hearing how characters are "Just polygons". If they're just polygons, then art is just sheets of paper and music is just things hitting each other. It's not about what the materials are, it's what the materials create.

Is that too serious for FKL? I suck at FKL posting. I don't know how to FKL.

In my case there's a big disconnect between my characters as actual characters, vs things I play in games, so, while I do try a little to get "in character" with them, I don't feel any guilt for doing "out of character" stuff either.

Though, really I'd argue that art is just sheets of paper. But I'm just some shallow asshole.