Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: U.N fails again

Default U.N fails again

U.N. attempted to ban Japan from distributing manga and video games to other regions of the world. Thank you Japan for standing firm to your beliefs and rights. Why doesn't the U.N. focus on more important matters like fixing world hunger, corruption or disease. =/
    Last edited by Noblewine; Mar 11, 2016 at 04:07 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Noblewine View Post
    U.N. attempted to ban Japan from distributing manga and video games depicting sexual violence / assault against women to other regions of the world. Thank you Japan for standing firm to your beliefs and rights. Why doesn't the U.N. focus on more important matters like fixing world hunger, corruption or disease. =/

Fix'd.
    Well, caring for real problems
    1. requires effort and ressources
    2. doesn't help to push anyone's shady agendas.
    And you are still surprised about the United Nations?

If anyone is interested, the response from a representative of the "Women’s Institute Of Contemporary Media Culture" :

http://nichegamer.com/2016/03/japane...xual-violence/
    PLACEHOLDER SIGNATURE - music included ♪

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

U.N. attempted to ban Japan from distributing manga and video games to other regions of the world. Thank you Japan for standing firm to your beliefs and rights. Why doesn't the U.N. focus on more important matters like fixing world hunger, corruption or disease. =/
    Okay, no. You are saying things that are, at best, marginally accurate.

The United Nations was making a call on Japan to put a limit on the representation of sexual violence towards women and children in works of media (such as manga and games).

http://www.ohchr.org/EN/NewsEvents/P...17028&LangID=E

A member of a Japanese organization (who doesn't appear to be anything close to an official representative of the Japanese government) responded and argued that violent acts in media should not be treated the same way as those same violent acts in real life.

Please make sure you actually read through what you're reposting next time, especially if you're going to make a thread like this that in no way representative of the actual events that happened.

Thanks Silkan for the correction. I read it though I admit, I was upset when I heard about this for the first time from Alpha omega sin. I think game developers should be allowed to put whatever on paper. Its their right Outrider.
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

Your initial simplified a series of events to the level of wild hyperbole. Just... y'know: try to be more accurate next time.

I suppose Outrider but its still considered censorship over a silly issue from two frauds.

That's why they must always state (and be able to provide proof on demand) that those black and white drawings are all 18 years of age or older and have consented to appear in the work they are in.

Just you wait until you are required to have a firearm permit to play Gunner in the western version of PSO2.

Quote Originally Posted by Sp-24 View Post
    That's why they must always state (and be able to provide proof on demand) that those black and white drawings are all 18 years of age or older and have consented to appear in the work they are in.

Just you wait until you are required to have a firearm permit to play Gunner in the western version of PSO2.
    Remember Misty, Dawn or may from Pokemon anime. Your over-analzying the issue. Can you really put censor bars in front of your kids eye if you were at a public pool or beach? I love it how people are over reacting to this stuff. You do realize no one chased those two outta the gaming industry. They did it to themselves and look how they handled the situation. They ran to the U.N. to silence gamers--doesn't that bother you at all? I might as well add Nintendo since they've allowed morons who are not gamers and are pro pc (political correctness) into their business.

Fuck pso2! I don't trust Sega anymore because all I am to them is second place. All they care about is making money and using any means necessary to get it.
    Last edited by Noblewine; Mar 11, 2016 at 07:44 PM.

Remember Misty, Dawn or may from Pokemon anime. Your over-analzying the issue. Can you really put censor bars in front of your kids eye if you were at a public pool or beach? I love it how people are over reacting to this stuff. You do realize no one chased those two outta the gaming industry. They did it to themselves and look how they handled the situation. They ran to the U.N. to silence gamers--doesn't that bother you at all? I might as well add Nintendo since they've allowed morons who are not gamers and are pro pc (political correctness) into their business.

Fuck pso2! I don't trust Sega anymore because all I am to them is second place. All they care about is making money and using any means necessary to get it.
    How does your post relate to the one you quoted and more importantly, how do the points you mentioned relate to each other?
    PLACEHOLDER SIGNATURE - music included ♪

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

I dunno just had to vent.