Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A group thing

Default A group thing

I wanted to post in player match up but it was read only so I post here. I'll get straight to the point. (ps sorry if this post is crazy long, I want to be as detailed and clear as possible. )

I am seeking a group of people on ship 2. 11 would be nice. I guess 24 to be safe. I am not recruiting for a team, though I guess one would have to be started for people to keep in contact with each other well. (I guess skype chat would work as well.)

But what I'm thinking is starting a group of easy going players, not so easy going that they just don't care about how things go and constantly dying every 5 seconds. On the other end players so serious one wrong thing and their raging and whining. So in between.

What we will do is daily quests and mpas and other various missions together. We make a schedule for what we want to do on what day for example ultimates every monday etc. This will create a band of people who doesn't have to go through the stress of finding the right people/finding friends. And will also open up more things that can't be done with just a friend list/most teams.

The reason the super laid back can't be in is because the types are usually very under geared and can't be guided/helped in situations that would make plying pso2 easier and the risk of failure in tougher things would just be too high. The overly serious wouldn't work since because it would turn away those who want to have fun without all the rage and stress. Sure things would get done and success be high, but at what cost? Which is why the middle would work well.

When joining this group, you won't be tied down to it, so if we decide to go with skype you won't need to join a team with everyone, you can still be in your favorite team etc. But if we decide to go with a team, we would only upgrade as we need, and it won't be any team binding rules. There won't be any real leader as since this is more so of a group, things are decided by the majority of everyone in it and not by a single or few in it.

The only real things I would like to see is if people join that they do talk and be nice to others. If someone is giving you advice and not being a jerk and seems to know what they are doing then don't be cruel to them as they are trying to help. But if someone doesn't want to take your advice and holding their own and at least killing stuff then leave them be.

I'm not sure if anyone will read this fully or want to join, it's worth a try though. If interested just comment here and I'll be back to see it. If you do read it and not sure yet then I will list the positives here (that i think will fit.)

- No more ragers to suck the fun out and your will to play pso2 or ultra weak people who refuse to listen.

- People you will be able to joke around and have lols with instead of rushing everything and mostly silent chats.

- You are not tied down as a team and can still be a part of your favorite team. (assuming we skype)

- It can in later times serve as a backup in case you miss your eq cue and need some trustworthy people to party with.

- More friends of course.

- Other things similar to a team without the restrictions of being in one.

- Organized runs, since we be a group and talk to each other, this allows us to set roles and set who will do what at x time or moment. Combine this with everyone knowledge of things, there won't be any easy way we would lose anything.

- There are a lot of empty blocks or ones that never get filled. Perhaps we as a group can make one of those our block?

- We will help each other, no one will benefit more than the other within the group.

- Youtube videos for memories?

- Having a say in matters in regards to the group, if we are a team, nothing is done without consent of at least half the group.

- Something important to pretty much everyone in pso2, when doing things as a party or mpa, more mobs, more exp while keeping the game fun. Also you won't have to worry about being purposely left for dead.

- what happens if mpa has more than 12? Well if it's not an eq we simply just split evenly. so for example, 18 people? 9 per mpa, groups of 3. Survey type quests? 6 parties of 3.

- If a time of eq come, we may or may not be able to do that depending on the eq. But to prevent it from being too much of an issue we will work things out preferably an hour before it comes. (This way anyone left behind can get in somewhere, random mpa or team at a high chance before their spot is taken so their not out an eq run.) If we can we will split, if we can't then anyone left behind will have the priority next eq should it come up and their relying on the group.

I think that's everything, again sorry this is long. ;-; Also I apologize if I overlooked where this may of gone aside from the player matchup. So if your interested comment below. If we get at least 8 people, then we can kick things off and gather more as we go.

Make a Google spreadsheet, lay down the quests you want them to join and the quota of members for the quests, make your wanted schedule, and have them register to that box of members.
    If there's anyone not to your liking, make a ban list whenever they get into that box.

Done.

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

We made a change to allow player matchup type threads in the applicable game's forum, so you're good.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Ah thank you for telling me about your group....

Here is the TLR version

"Hi, I wish to start a hardcore skype-group of open and friendly, non-laid back players who are reliable, well-geared, and competent. I promise no burden will come from serving two masters and bid you welcome to our three course meal of irresponsibility, inconsistency and incoherence. No leaders exist and everyone has a say, so join our hardcore socialite group today!!!!"
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

2ch has been organizing geared pugs for a while and the requirement are rather low, like 12* 10503 or 13*10301; 240+ atk affix. Then make a list of rules to follow, eg.

- Level 75/75
    - Run the map counter clock wise
    - Use AIS blaster directly on wave 4 decol
    - Su(X

One person will announce block# 5-10 minutes before the EQ starts (depend on the population). Everyone who have read the rules and meet requirement are welcome to join.

Plus side:
    - No/little maintenance required
    - No social skill needed
    - No need to wait for late comer
    - Everything melts

Down side:
    - Nobody ever speaks with either other beside "AIS on" "Ra 75/74, quick run away!"
    - 3/12 if you failed to make quest 0.001 sec after EQ starts
    - Plead for mercy is required if you made one mistake

i am interested and i like the idea, i like to think i am decetly geared but you can check that your self in-game and decide
    send me a message and we'll see where it goes, if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by sparab View Post
    -stuff about 2ch pugs-
    As much as I don't like 2ch, posting this sort of stuff publicly is what kind of ruins them. I don't know if you play on Ship 2 or not, but it appears 2ch have stopped doing these runs for Magatsu because certain people would wait for the block which suddenly fills up at :50~:55 and PUG there because they found out there are "good PUGs" there. Suddenly all the wrong classes with wrong gear turn up and it just goes horribly wrong.

Although personally I've never seen organised PUGs for anything except Magatsu and CM, but I'm pretty bad at browsing 2ch in general so I'm probably missing everything.

--

Anyway, @ the OP, assuming you're still trying to get some sort of semi-organised group together, I highly recommend making some sort of spreadsheet to make organising for quests easier. You can use it to give people roles for strategies, or just use them to see who is available for what.

I don't have a sheet that checks attendance (as I don't have a set 12-player group or anything of the kind), but I do have a sheet here that I use to organise people for EQs. This allows us to have properly organised groups without having to discuss everything at length an hour before anything.
    (sheet is a copy of my own and locked, it's just an example)

As for an attendance sheet, it looks like this:
    Spoiler!

Put in the names and times of EQ along the top and have each person fill in their availability at that particular time. This gives you a more static group with the ability to replace as needed.

One thing to note if you're going the Google doc route though - make sure you have a spreadsheet manager and don't just let people have at it.

One of the problems we encountered in my old team was that people would save their names over other people- whether inadvertently or not, someone's still missing out.

Still, having a PSO2 google doc for EQs mite b cool, it's a whole other group of people to play with.

Server is down for maintenance and I wanted to play so bad today since I was able to finish some quests. If you're looking for a buddy to play with, I'll be more happy to join! It's kinda lonely soloing with my clients lol

Yeah, B2 used to have amazing 3 minute clear runs.
    Now it fills up with absolute garbage trash who take 20 minutes to clear PD, somehow managing to die to goddamn f'kn Persona despite having good gear.
    And a ton of idiots who keep Miraging Loser early, or going nuts on his chin, causing him to teleport for 10 minutes.

These issues never used to happen when B2 was awesome.
    As soon as the assholes hear about where to go, consider that place dead.

Anyway, I don't do organized runs anymore. Not like anything ever drops. Seriously.
    Pretty sure everyone I know is sick of the same old crap anyway.
    A bunch of people on my friends list don't seem to log-in often anymore.
    They probably popped in to check out the amazing new "relaxing life" Gathering feature that SEGA is advertising PSO2 as having.
    ..only to find out that it's their worst nightmare, and then probably deleting PSO2 in disgust, like one of my friends wanted to.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Mar 16, 2016 at 02:12 AM.