Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sp-24 View Post
    Wasn't Flowen infected long before the events of PSO took place?
    Right as PSO started, actually. The explosion that shook the planet was his doing (unsealed Falz) and that's when he became infected and was shipped off to Gal Da Val.

Of course, PSO Episode 2 is quite a bit after that.

EDIT: Might be wrong actually, but I don't think it's *that* long before _(:3」∠)_ However in PSP2I you actually manage to free Flowen or something instead of him being damaged beyond repair (as in PSO E2)
    Last edited by Z-0; Mar 16, 2016 at 11:05 PM.

My bad... they actually fight Olga Flow... in Ruins. Yep, no seabed/Olga involved in the transformation, it's just Falz-Flowen but it's exactly like Olga Flow's fight. And of course Flowen pops up alive after the fight.

I wanted to talk about this somewhere, but didn't want to make a new thread.
    I'm just going to write about it here since it's somewhat relevant:

A few days ago, there were a few images uploaded to MMOLoda regarding tweets made by the scenario writer of PSO2.
    The scenario writer seemed to be responding to people complaining about PSO2's scenario sucking.
    Note that I don't know exactly what he was responding to, because it wasn't included in the images.

Assuming I understood the tweets correctly (I mostly skimmed over, intending to pore over it later), he essentially said:
    - if you don't like the scenario, don't read it, nobody's forcing you
    - that the people complaining must have some form or combination of mental illness
    - that he doesn't have time to waste on such people

An image on MMOLoda responded to the tweets by saying, "if you don't have time to waste, write a decent scenario instead of posting rubbish on Twitter".
    The images were deleted soon after. No idea if the tweets are still up (too lazy to search).

Just going by his tweets, the PSO2 scenario writer sounds pretty up himself.
    That is, assuming he actually tweeted those things.
    As far as I'm concerned, it still doesn't change the fact that the scenario writing isn't great.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Mar 17, 2016 at 08:32 AM.

I saw a 2ch thread unhappy about Episode 4 story, but I've never opened it. Weird that someone would get so defensive about what seems like a carefully calculated attempt at pandering to a wider audience.

SEGA should just hire Kubo to make PSO2 great again

Found the latest thread on PSO2 scenario writer. It's the 118th thread on the subject, while there's been a total of 62 story threads (since episode 1, I assume).

LINK

EDIT: I also found it funny how that thread was right next to a thread titled "Suganuma is not bad". Also, there is a ton of bomberman threads because of a bomb threat by some guy (ship 1 player).

All Techers are required to wear a miniskirt #9
    Stamina recovering for an hour is a scam, hope the bald one apologizes
    My fart is too stinky [All rights reserved]

Damn, why did I stop coming to that place?
    Last edited by Sp-24; Mar 17, 2016 at 09:21 AM. Reason: off topic garbage

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    Assuming I understood the tweets correctly (I mostly skimmed over, intending to pore over it later), he essentially said:
    - if you don't like the scenario, don't read it, nobody's forcing you
    - that the people complaining must have some form or combination of mental illness
    - that he doesn't have time to waste on such people
    Unbelievable, if fans complain it's because they care about the lore of the series, how can someone responsible answer like this? I really really hope this goes to worse, and they finally decide the best solution: we are still frozen in that capsule, and dreaming!

Quote Originally Posted by wefwq View Post
    SEGA should just hire Kubo to make PSO2 great again

I know you're joking but no matter how much you may hate the story now, it's still way WAY better than Bleach. At least neither the game nor the anime has been dumbed down into an endless and extremely predictable cycle of good guys and bad guys taking turns to show off "cool" power-ups while the other party gives a shocked expression. :P

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    Unbelievable, if fans complain it's because they care about the lore of the series, how can someone responsible answer like this? I really really hope this goes to worse, and they finally decide the best solution: we are still frozen in that capsule, and dreaming!
    The tomatoes and soybeans are all real though.

My older brother was a big fan of the older games, and we both played PSO on the gamecube back when I as in highschool, so a lot of this is kinda disappointing.

It felt sorta weird when my buddies were playing PSU and I was like "wait, those are just slightly renamed versions of the old planets" and they legitimately had no idea what I meant, I mean Motavia/Moatoob? The hardest one is Neudaiz/Dezolis, and even that is the opposite of what I'd call a stretch. Algol and Gural are basically the same two syllables but reversed!

I'd rather have someone pop up and scrub the inconsistency clean then just offer some blandy "well it's not the same universe" crud. I don't mind seeing Earth in PSO2, but I also want to see Ragol and Dezolis as planets you can get to. What we got right now is honestly sort of a shame =/