Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Unhappy Upsetting no English release

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this thread.

I'm just kind of upset that there is probably not going to be an English release for Phantasy Star Online 2 in the West for Play Station 4.

I love Phantasy Star way more then Zelda, Mario and Halo combined.
    It really is my favorite video game.

Not a lot of games have that type of gameplay or the level of social interaction you have on Phantasy Star.

I made so many friends playing Phantasy Star Universe and Phantasy Star Zero.

I loved that game. I loved hanging out with people, fighting monsters, running around and healing everyone.

Sometimes I was excluded because my race type wasn't complementary to my Class type because I didn't do as much damage. Sometimes, people prefer a Beast Healer because I didn't wait or die as often as everyone else and I was very aware of my surroundings, but I really loved Phantasy Star. It's unique locations, monsters and areas. Storylines. It really is a work of art compare to most games and the people who play are always awesome and genuine people.

Sometimes there are trolls and casual players but I really miss playing Phantasy Star on a console, and I really wish Phantasy Star Online 2 will come out in the West as a console based game for Play Station 4.

I think a great way to market the game would to have it out, but the anime to it on Adult Swim, and spend just alittle money as they do having thousands of commercials for Sonic.

Just play it on the Japanese servers. Everyone is better off that way.

What a silly reason to be upset. We all playing fine here, even if we love to nag about every little thing.

It's been a while since we last had a thread like this.

As the others have said, just play on the JP servers. All necessary menus are translated into English.
    PLACEHOLDER SIGNATURE - music included ♪

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

This game is 4 years old already. It's old now. It's not coming to the west. Just play on the JP servers.

and if by some miracle it did come it will be a very shitty tone down version of it. and with all the homo SJW running around probably censored too.

I really don't think it would be all that censored, don't know why you'd have that impression. I can guarantee collaboration items would be removed though, but that's expected, only reason we got the Evangelion and Fate/Stay items in PSP2 was because of Ruby Eclipse's hard work, would have been removed otherwise.
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

There are so many outfits that wouldn't fly in the west.

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Macman View Post
    There are so many outfits that wouldn't fly in the west.

Spoiler!
    Only because you can make loli characters. :U

that can be fixed :3

Some JP developers have expressed concern about cultural issues when localizing to the West.
    Make any wrong step with localization, and the media will bully the hell out of you and turn you into a media circus.
    It's gotten to the point where some of them just don't want to deal with it anymore.

If it was me having my work localized, and it had to be butchered to hell, I wouldn't want it localized either.
    I personally hate discrepancies between different versions. Stuff like name changes makes everything confusing as hell.
    Then there's stuff like, likable characters becoming very dislikable from the quality of the localized script and voice acting.
    When I talk to JP friends about games, we often get confused about what's being referred to, because there are so many damn changes.

Besides, looking at SEGA's backlog of Phantasy Star Online services in the West, it doesn't sound like they really cared much about the West to begin with.
    I hear that PSU was 3+ years behind until they said "f**k it" and shut the servers down.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Mar 20, 2016 at 08:15 PM.