Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Just play Pso2 for pc on the Japanese servers and use a gamepad? Virtually the same experience as a console.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    Besides, looking at SEGA's backlog of Phantasy Star Online services in the West, it doesn't sound like they really cared much about the West to begin with.
    I hear that PSU was 3+ years behind until they said "f**k it" and shut the servers down.
    The official reason, at least the one that was given, was that the western servers were just dying anyways, populations got low enough that keeping them up wasn't worth it apparently. As much as I loved PSU, I don't actually remember how populated the game was towards the end, so I can't actually confirm this myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Macman View Post
    There are so many outfits that wouldn't fly in the west.

Spoiler!
    That costume was in the PSU games, and I'm pretty sure that costume was in the western releases of PSU and the PSP games.
    This is honestly the most accurate reason to why these costumes would be removed if this game in particular was localized.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Only because you can make loli characters. :U
    Personally, I think loli characters in skimpy outfits are creepy, but I'm not here to judge anyone.
    Last edited by Zysets; Mar 20, 2016 at 11:40 PM.
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

Quote Originally Posted by Zysets View Post
    Personally, I think loli characters in skimpy outfits are creepy. But I'm not here to judge anyone.
    Err, that was my point. Because you can make loli characters and put them in that outfit, there's a possibility it wouldn't end up in the game. Then again, Tera basically dropped all pretense once the spotlight was off of them and BnS barely cared in the first place.

Censorship isn't the main issue. The main issue is even if there would be a western release, it's gonna be supported as poor, as SEA server.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Err, that was my point. Because you can make loli characters and put them in that outfit, there's a possibility it wouldn't end up in the game. Then again, Tera basically dropped all pretense once the spotlight was off of them and BnS barely cared in the first place.
    Yeah I was just backing up your point.

And about BnS and Tera, I don't think people cared about it much to begin with. I'm sure there are people who talked about it but I never saw anything more than that for either game.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerotakerZX View Post
    Censorship isn't the main issue. The main issue is even if there would be a western release, it's gonna be supported as poor, as SEA server.
    This just brings us back to what everyone says nowadays anyways, localizing the game is pointless now, just play the JP version, or SEA if you really feel like it.
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

Your first post in 9 months and that's your topic? I thought it was general knowledge that this game is never meant to come to NA.

Quote Originally Posted by Zysets View Post

This just brings us back to what everyone says nowadays anyways, localizing the game is pointless now, just play the JP version, or SEA if you really feel like it.
    Oh, yes, that's the point.

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Your first post in 9 months and that's your topic? I thought it was general knowledge that this game is never meant to come to NA.
    It sure was at some point, but, you know, sega.

Everyone is busy discussing how shitty a localized version can get, but don't miss out the best part!

IP BLOCKED

I found it amusing that some people STILL waiting for this game to come to burgerland.
    The game probably won't make it to burger, i mean look at PSNOVA; it's portable game and is far more faster and cheaper to localize, yet they missed the bullet.

Should just play JP server while it last, or maybe try SEA version if you don't mind blatant P2W mechanics with DUWANG-tier translation if you really want """OFFICIAL""" EN translation that bad.

The game probably won't even last more than a year and half on NA anyway, if it ever get localizated (refer to ship 2 B-001).
    Last edited by wefwq; Mar 21, 2016 at 12:44 AM.

I hated how RubyEclipse and other admin/moderators in the SoA forums were just professional Public Relations personnel who could bullshit the public in any way possible. My answers to their idiotic excuses were to get into a flame war with them over making declarations that we (NA players) did not physically have the right to play PSU-JP. In fact I reported them to the United States Department of Justice for violating the United States Code when things go heated..

Remember when the arguments ALL OF A SUDDEN STOPPED and all the threads were closed on the matter so suddenly? Isn't Damage Control a Nice thing?

People like those in SoA were the reason I decided to play PSUJP and PSO2. I didn't have to deal with a lot of the garbage I dealt with from slimy, dishonest people. Sure, sometimes I deal with the idiotic elitist trash running around, but at least some of them can actually back up their words and play the game in spades....meaning to me they have higher credibility that some two-bit liar trying to sell a product and act like he actually gives a damn...

Telling them off and being rid of them was one of the best days ever in my life because it was bullshit after bullshit. I would never want a western release considering almost every major sega game to get a server in the west comes in, gets SHITTY UPDATES, and then 3 - 4 years later = CLOSED DOWN FOR GOOD....

SEGA OF AMERICA to me feels like a deterrent ran by SEGA OF JAPAN to try to keep foreigners out of their servers and I feel its better to enter their servers and make a presence that we will play and do the things we wish to do....and that people aren't going away simply because they hide behind their own borders. Amazing how they sell their own anime, show off their games... expect people to buy them and then try to keep a straight face at the thought non-Japanese actually buy their products.

They can release a western edition tomorrow, and I would spit all over it....
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"