Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zysets View Post
    The official reason, at least the one that was given, was that the western servers were just dying anyways, populations got low enough that keeping them up wasn't worth it apparently. As much as I loved PSU, I don't actually remember how populated the game was towards the end, so I can't actually confirm this myself.
    Was around 1k tops for like a year, 1500 maybic but it wasnt very large its last 1-2yrs of life before shutdown

Quote Originally Posted by Zysets View Post
    That costume was in the PSU games, and I'm pretty sure that costume was in the western releases of PSU and the PSP games.
    This is honestly the most accurate reason to why these costumes would be removed if this game in particular was localized.
    Lunar Prophecy did not exist in the Western version of the game because the game was already far back in content as it was that we didnt even have the weapon skin data in game so Sega of America tried to pass it off as "Unique Weapons" while the stupid and gullible community ate it up and defended it for quite some time "it's just for now guys!". We missed out on a lot of new outfits and GAS stuff

There is no reason to remove it either, it's just SJW pandering now a days for most games, its pathetic
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Mar 21, 2016 at 01:19 AM.

Isn't there gonna be a PS4 release for PSO2?

I might play when if it ever comes out over here.. but I'm not sure, I'm already invested on the JP servers D:

Quote Originally Posted by Macman View Post
    There are so many outfits that wouldn't fly in the west.

Spoiler!
    very problematic

Quote Originally Posted by abkihara View Post
    Isn't there gonna be a PS4 release for PSO2?
    not outside of japan
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

I'm genuinely surprised there's people who still want this game westernized this day and age of localization teams and SJWs actively censoring any game to be politically correct. Not only that, this game is old and showing age to the point it isn't even a good idea anymore. The ship sailed long ago for PSO2 have ever have been a thing in the west and those who are still interested in the game are playing with tweaker or continuing to make threads questioning why the game hasn't been localized on Sega forums while ignoring the fact that we have tweaker that translates most of the important dialogue to English.

There's really no reason not to be playing the game right now if you really wanted to unless one is just too inept to read instructions for setting up an account, which would be a shame.
    Spoiler!

[Ship 02]
    ID: Shadowstarkirby
    Character: Dial
    Classes: Hr, Fi/Hu, Hu/Fi, Br/Hu, Bo/Hu, Ra/Hu, Gu/Hu, Te/Fi, Su/Fi, Fo/Te

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    My answers to their idiotic excuses were to get into a flame war with them over making declarations that we (NA players) did not physically have the right to play PSU-JP.
    Did you read Japanese PSU's terms of service? Because this may come as a surprise, but you have no right to play PSO2 as per terms that you press "I agree" to every time you try to log on. It might have been the case back then as well.

Yh, it's the same with we can't use PSO2 to make nukes

It's pretty c lear this won't be coming to the west, it's been 4 years and even if they somehow did release it, it's to far behind, a lot of the outfits are japanese style and most importantly, their cash grab AC wouldn't fly over in the west, they just won't get enough players because western gamers aren't nearly as gulible when it comes to how they are handling AC scratch.

Just play the japanese version and be done with it, it's your only option if you really want to play this.

Not seeing a western release of PSO2 means that in the long run Phantasy Star is dead in the west, like Shining Force has been for the last decade, and that's always a loss for western players that don't understand Japanese, what would happen if PSwhatevernext is console exclusive?? there is no way we will be able to fantranslate it and play it without the risk of being banned. A dead franchise in the west means no online games but also no offline games, I can understand Nova not being released since 1: it is a spinoff of PSO2, and 2: if Sony does not trust in Vita why would sega trust in it?

And seriously that censor stuff is bullshit, they would only need to be cautious at launch, and then after some months throw all they want, look at EA and Microsoft, they release a game nice and good, and one week / month after all reviews are out, they release microtransactions! and most journalist that would have lowered their review scores because of that usually don't update their review, and as if that mattered! Metacritic always keeps the first score xd

There's nothing to censor in this game for sure. But bitch ass SJW will make a huge deal out of so many costumes in this game lol.

Everyone knows how pussified we westerners have become when it comes to "womans rights".

That said, I still preordered my limited edition copy of DOAX3. Thanks play-asian for not caving in to these homo SJW's.

They aint stopping me from playing with my cock while looking at Kasumi and Honoka! <3 Muahahahahahaha!