Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PSO2 x FFXIV

Default PSO2 x FFXIV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPD7k2GvFYs

We're getting Urths Fount in PSO2. Complete with all the Mechanics and aesthetics from the FFXIV version of the fight.
    I wonder if FFXIV will get any bosses from PSO2?

I knew they were getting inspiration from somewhere, the support partners/ventures, the "gathering" fishing/mining. Summoner.. (to be fair this is common) otherwise this collab is pretty interesting to see.

Let's talk lore wise what would work for a boss in FFXIV.

Its really going to depend on if it's just going to be a straight up boss fight or a series of FATEs (open world events) that would dictate what we might be sending at them.

For straight up boss fights, in order to keep lore together Darkers can not go there since they don't have any photonic weapons as far as I'm aware. This wittles the list down to a few possibilities.

Rockbear - Yes, it would probably show up in Gridinia

Dragonkin - Possibly, but unlikely due to Ro Kamits and their method of reincarnation. Yes, dragons are a main theme of Heavensward but it just doesn't fit.

De Malmoth / Snow Banther and Banshee - This would go with one of the main themes of Heavensward, especially if the battle takes place near Ishgard

Tranmizer / Big Vardha / Vardha Soma - One of the current content areas in FFXIV is Alexander and these would fit right in.

Oceanids - This might be interesting to see if they come in contact with the Sahagin in any way.

Gigur Gunne-Gam - In a way this would kind of fit in, part of the lore of the game has a group of Au Ra in Doma that resisted Garlean rule and paid the price for it. It's possible this could look similar to an Eidolon to them. Doma is also very Japanese in theme.

Guar Zigmorde - Not certain about this one...maybe?

Train Ghidora - Only if players can do to FFXIV what they're doing to PSO2 on Earth right now.

Gal Gryphon - Transcends space and time so this is our most likely suspect.

Emperor Rappy - New version of Thornmarch?

Darkers - The problem with Darkers is the people of Eorzea don't have any photonic weapony to my knowledge and would be unable to stop them. This is where FATEs come into play. FATEs are open world events where story characters participate in fights along with the players. In this case we would likely see some ARKS and thus Darkers would be able to be defeated. However this opens a huge can of worms. The people of Eorzea are still very primitive and having a technologically advanced group like the ARKS arrive and start talking about the universe could cause chaos as it is revealed to Eorzeans they are not alone in the universe. It could quite literally shatter all belief in Hydaelyn.

Then again this is probably me just reading into lore too much again.
    Last edited by PrinceBrightstar; Mar 21, 2016 at 07:24 AM.

xh loser? since he kinda have a "mark" before an attack lands

Quote Originally Posted by seilent View Post
    xh loser? since he kinda have a "mark" before an attack lands
    You bring up a good point, it's really hard to convert a boss that attacks based on swing timers to a bunch of players that have to deal with global cooldowns. Actually if they just decide to throw lore out the window, Loser would probably be a good choice because of all his tells when he speeds up, not to mention his dagger attacks could easily be a FATE wipe which Odin can do himself.

Last edited by PrinceBrightstar; Mar 21, 2016 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceBrightstar View Post
    Darkers - The problem with Darkers is the people of Eorzea don't have any photonic weapony to my knowledge and would be unable to stop them. This is where FATEs come into play. FATEs are open world events where story characters participate in fights along with the players. In this case we would likely see some ARKS and thus Darkers would be able to be defeated. However this opens a huge can of worms. The people of Eorzea are still very primitive and having a technologically advanced group like the ARKS arrive and start talking about the universe could cause chaos as it is revealed to Eorzeans they are not alone in the universe. It could quite literally shatter all belief in Hydaelyn.
    They have actual magic, which in original Phantasy Star games was far superior to scientific thingamajigs like Techniques. Earthling handguns, machetes and vibroblades also surpass literally every piece of photon weaponry ARKS make except for ARKS Assault Systems products and purified PB bits.

They should be more worried about Darkers not telegraphing their attacks 10 seconds prior to actually doing them.

From what I have seen, FFXIV is a more traditional RPG and as a result isn't as fast paced as PSO2.

In that case, there are a few bosses that can fit in FFXIV's style.

DF Loser is the prime candidate. All of his movements have tells and are slow enough to fit in, not to mention he's one of the better designed bosses in the game.

Big Vardha would be interesting. All of it's attacks are easily dodge-able but are outright lethal if you fail to react in time. It's multi-level design could make an interesting twist to the game.

Bal Rodos perhaps can make the cut. He also gives lots of tells.

Gal Gryphon is pretty much crossover material. He appears in PSO, then PSO2 and it wouldn't surprise me if it makes it to FFXIV.

Rockbear, Gwanahda and De Malmoth would make pretty decent minibosses.

If they are adding a "DPS check" (their own words from the stream) boss in PSO2, it's only fair to give them a reflex check in return.

Robokitties, Diabo and Anga for crossover, please.

I think they could still do a Darker boss.
    The Eorzeans could hold off the boss for long enough for ARKS to deploy an A.I.S to finish it off. Or maybe Hydaelyn is able to finish them off or bestow the power to destroy Darkers to the Warriors of Light?
    Heck, that would strengthen the crossover more.
    ARKS Discover that the Eorzeans have magical weapons that can destroy Darkers (which is why PSO2 gets FFXIV Relic Weapons) and the Eorzeans might get some ARKs related weapons in exchange.
    And of course with just this one connection, eventually ARKS will make Photon weapons stronger than the Relics and Eorzeans will make legendary weapons with magics stronger than what ARKs gave them, giving a lore reason for gear to become obsolete.