Page 58 of 125 FirstFirst ... 8485556575859606168108 ... LastLast

Thread: PSO2 Mod Thread

distorted stays the mind preset's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMag View Post
    Question about swapping weapon models, does the SFX get swapped as well?
    Yes.

Last edited by preset; May 19, 2016 at 08:46 PM.

This isn't related to Arks Layer in any kind (don't ban AIDA segac senpai) but i kinda made a lil site to host the mods, so they don't get lost in the middle of a lot of messages etc.

It's kinda in a early state but it should mostly work (feedback is welcome).

Also planning to add a lil mod manager, so you click a install mod on pso2 button on the site, it loads the mod manager which downloads the mod backups the original ice file/s and automagically installs it.

Edit: Derp. forgot link http://pso2mod.com/

(and yeah i added the bug queen outfit mod to test)

Quote Originally Posted by Arredoval View Post
    Also added seabed skyboxes
    Oh thank you, finally. I'll get to toying with the skyboxes this weekend. Hopefully I can make something cool out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by preset View Post
    Yes.
    The decoder has been around for years. I haven't found any files that couldn't be decoded with it - and I've been poking around the music files since alpha2 - so I'm not sure why yours isn't working. Speaking of which, I've got lists of what most HCA and CPK are up to a point.
    I was the one that started adding HCAs to the directory. I can add CPKs but my notes are kind of cryptic going back to them now...

You need the CRIWARE SDK to encode HCAs, or reverse engineer from the decoder source, as you say.
    They used ADX2 for music until around early 2013, but I believe the sound effects and voices were HCA with a different key or earlier HCA version (i'd be interested in getting to the original code announcer files)
    Yeah, I know it's been around a while, but a lot of links are dead and it's not something I've played with is all. From reading old threads, I saw a lot of what you've described though. That's interesting that you've come across files that use a different key though. I'm surprised they would use multiple... I'd love to see what you can get of your notes on the cpk's though. It'd be nice to see if much can be done with them.

Either way, I do think it's interesting as well that older format ADX files work somewhat with it. I feel like if we could encrypt them, that might be a semi easy method for doing custom music.

Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    This isn't related to Arks Layer in any kind (don't ban AIDA segac senpai) but i kinda made a lil site to host the mods, so they don't get lost in the middle of a lot of messages etc.

It's kinda in a early state but it should mostly work (feedback is welcome).

Also planning to add a lil mod manager, so you click a install mod on pso2 button on the site, it loads the mod manager which downloads the mod backups the original ice file/s and automagically installs it.

Edit: Derp. forgot link http://pso2mod.com/

(and yeah i added the bug queen outfit mod to test)
    Oh, this seems very cool! And it'd be great to have a mod manager set up for this.

One big thing I would suggest though: you say not to put files in folders. Maybe you mean not to try to just upload a folder or something, but in case I'm mistaken, I think you should have some support for this. There's definitely a few mods with alternate variants for one reason or another. It'd be good to have the option for separate folders for color variations and such if that's reasonable.

I'm also not sure if you had intended to support this "feature" or not, but PSO2 also has the somewhat rare feature in that its files can be swapped dynamically while it's running without freaking it out (except with maybe music). Hotkeys for certain sets might be asking for a lot, although they'd be very cool, but at the very least it would be neat if we could swap mods in some way while the game is running through the mod manager. I regularly do this to test mods for stability etc. and it'd be nice to have this integrated into the program if it's not too unreasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowth117 View Post
    Yeah, I know it's been around a while, but a lot of links are dead and it's not something I've played with is all. From reading old threads, I saw a lot of what you've described though. That's interesting that you've come across files that use a different key though. I'm surprised they would use multiple... I'd love to see what you can get of your notes on the cpk's though. It'd be nice to see if much can be done with them.

Either way, I do think it's interesting as well that older format ADX files work somewhat with it. I feel like if we could encrypt them, that might be a semi easy method for doing custom music.
    PSO2es has a few ADX libs, but afaik it's a decoder (also it's just a native lib binding).

https://gyazo.com/a29145a5fa1841c60c8fc9e7373f3075.png

Oh, this seems very cool! And it'd be great to have a mod manager set up for this.

One big thing I would suggest though: you say not to put files in folders. Maybe you mean not to try to just upload a folder or something, but in case I'm mistaken, I think you should have some support for this. There's definitely a few mods with alternate variants for one reason or another. It'd be good to have the option for separate folders for color variations and such if that's reasonable.

Maybe we can support both, no folder for basic mods, and folder based one for mods with options or something.

to do that we could just name the subfolders with simple english words (no win breaking moonrunes or symbols), then create a simple csv file called options.csv having this

Code:
    blue,Blue color alteration
    gold,Gold and black color alteration
    There's another use case that should be considered too.

Taking the bugqueen outfit, if i replaced the ice file of heretic queen or something else it should work too right? What i mean is having a single mod target different ice files. That should be more common with music files i guess.

The problem is keeping that simple. Keeping the simple structure i guess we could do something like a file called "targets.csv":

Code:
    Crimpiacio,ModIce,ReplacementIce
    Heretic Queen,ModIce,ReplacementIce
    and if that mod has multiple ice files

Code:
    Crimpiacio,ModIce,ReplacementIce,ModIce,ReplacementIce,ModIce,ReplacementIce
    Heretic Queen,ModIce,ReplacementIce,ModIce,ReplacementIce,ModIce,ReplacementIce
    Which could be used too if you want to modify multiple files (making multiple tracks sounding the same for example?)

I think this should cover most of the use cases but i'm going to start simple, then improve it over time (first version supporting basic mods then build on top of that)

I'm also not sure if you had intended to support this "feature" or not, but PSO2 also has the somewhat rare feature in that its files can be swapped dynamically while it's running without freaking it out (except with maybe music). Hotkeys for certain sets might be asking for a lot, although they'd be very cool, but at the very least it would be neat if we could swap mods in some way while the game is running through the mod manager. I regularly do this to test mods for stability etc. and it'd be nice to have this integrated into the program if it's not too unreasonable.
    Well, unless you need hotkeys that should be possible by default (unless gameguard senpai does a np1013 on it), i mean you should be able to open the mod tool let it change the files while ingame.

Edit: if someone wants to help defining guidelines etc any help is welcome

mm, I don't know if it would fall under anything you just mentioned, but custom skyboxes (not just swaps) that aren't meant for just one map might need special treatment? The way I do mine currently is just naming them what they are and including instructions on how to put it over any skybox. There's 117 known skyboxes at the moment, so so uploading it as each and every one of them when it's just a name change would be a horrid waste of space.
    It's basically 1 ice file that can have a shitton of names? or you need to reice everything by hand?

Sorry haven't done much modding yet

Edit 2: Checking
    Last edited by Rupikachu; May 18, 2016 at 10:47 AM.

It's just one ice file that can have a shitton of names.

It'd actually help with weapons too, now that I think about it. They work the same way.
    Then using the Target.csv thing should do the thing,

Let's imagine we got the TD3 skybox and we want it to be able to work in all maps the file would be:

Code:
    Lobby,ModIce,LobbyIce
    Floating continent,ModIce,FcIce
    Tokyo,ModIce,TokyoIce
    [...]

IT's likely using the animations of the wrong weapon, a lot of the pre-art-style-assassination DS's are actually made of two parts that are animated differently than most others, two of the same part parented to a point and animated from there. The weapon being moved is likely one piece (I don't actually know for sure.)
    [INSERT SOMETHING WITTY]

I was testing various skyboxes in Urban, and I think this is one of my favorite skybox swaps.

Spoiler!

And a random swap:
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Zanverse; May 19, 2016 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanverse View Post
    I was testing various skyboxes in Urban, and I think this is one of my favorite skybox swaps.

Spoiler!

And a random swap:
    Spoiler!
    Woah what did you replace Urban with. That's really nice!