Page 3 of 125 FirstFirst 1234561353103 ... LastLast

Thread: PSO2 Mod Thread

Looking forward to the release of the unpacker and repacker. I've been wanting to remove parts from certain costumes for the longest time. What's the model format? And what program would be needed for modifying the game models themselves?

Exelica of the Blue Sky TheszNuts's Avatar

Is the repacker being released?

Well, if there's going to eventually be a guide, it would have to come with a repacker, right?

Quote Originally Posted by TheszNuts View Post
    Is the repacker being released?
    Quote Originally Posted by kurokyosuke View Post
    Looking forward to the release of the unpacker and repacker. I've been wanting to remove parts from certain costumes for the longest time. What's the model format? And what program would be needed for modifying the game models themselves?
    Quote Originally Posted by WORST View Post
    I'd love to do some texture mods but lack the drive to figure out how to safely edit and repack them myself. This guide coming soon™ will make my dreams a reality.
    So here's the deal with that right now. There has been one that's sparingly been passed around on 2chan for a fair bit of time. This one does NOT perfectly repack everything in the game and some things very clearly crash upon repacking right now. I say right now because the source is included, although I personally don't have the knowledge of the .ICE format and its contents to resolve this right now. There IS a more perfect tool that those among the English patch group have access to, but it's private and sadly I can't offer to compile things requiring it for you at the moment because I don't have access to it either. There are things in the game files that can really mess with the game in a bad way due to how SEGA designed it and I believe this is the main reasoning to keeping it private.

The second thing is that as it exists right now, the ICE repacker doesn't work well on English Windows locale. Win10 doesn't even let you change this really (no, the third party thing that let's you do this doesn't work for this) and so I'm forced to use a virtual machine to use the program for the moment. I'd like to change this since I don't believe it'd be beyond my abilities, but if you'd like me to release it in this state I can. I will warn you that it's somewhat user unfriendly.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't have worries about putting the repacker out there more for us before a big update like the graphical one coming soon, but I feel like in the end, similarly to game exploits like the infinite Falz EQs from early in the game, this would get out anyways eventually.

Edit: Also, there's the matter of writing a guide for it all. I want to try to write something fairly explanatory so you wouldn't have to know too much technical knowledge to do it. It will probably be lengthy, but it wouldn't be difficult, per say. Once it's set up, it's pretty easy to do and test real time. Swapping files while the game is running DOES in fact work, interestingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Asuka~ View Post
    I've tried to do this myself. I extracted all the files and spent quite a damn long time and lost hope lol. I do agree though, it'll probably be my fave outfit if that back part was gone.

And that Harkotan den thing looks so cooooooooooooooooool.
    Yeah, I think a lot of people have wanted to do that with the wedding dress. I'm not entirely sure if this program will work for it, but I might be able to give that a look at a point.

Quote Originally Posted by untrustful View Post
    The best part:
    Never having to buy costumes again.

The worst part:
    Rappy Skins galore.

Can't wait to mod some areas. Make a Tundra pack for the entire game.
    Some outfits don't appear to swap correctly at the moment, but I'll need to research it more. Rappies at the very least seem to mod pretty well although you can blame Silver for them so far. I've been mainly looking into area and weapon mods myself, in all honesty. That said, making a Tundra pack is probably very possible.
    Last edited by Shadowth117; Mar 27, 2016 at 04:56 PM.

Yup, this is all well into the pregnancy/birth stage of modding, so don't get hype.

BUT HYPE!

So I wrote a lengthy guide for the process behind this:
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232836

Hopefully people find that useful. Yes, I'm aware that it will be hard to follow for a lot of people. Sadly, it's not the easiest thing to explain the ins and outs of without getting a bit technical. With that said, I'm not asking that you know how to code to be able to use it so it's not entirely ridiculous.

this is interesting.

if i do any mods it'll be just improvements over the original textures.

making better base skin textures to define toes better and overall better shading, better beards, body hair, and stuff.

this shoulc be used to make the game better. imo.

i have windows 10, and litle time, if someone could extract the base skin textures so i can look at them, need to see if the textures work like they did on psobb.

could try making them better. fix the dam toes at least.
    Last edited by Gama; Mar 28, 2016 at 08:52 AM.
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

Exelica of the Blue Sky TheszNuts's Avatar

Hooray for skyrim modding, I actually understood the guide XD

Thanks for the guide! Will look on it later when I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by wahahaha View Post

Orbit variation + costume swap.

http://imgur.com/a/ycsvZ
    Spoiler!
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89