Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Are we grinding for the sake of faster grinding?

You grind for money, grind for exp, grind for affix fodders, grind for weapons, grind for units, grind for... grinding material..... literally grind for everything.

What to do outside of grinding?
    >Heavy Hammer
    >get blow off by an Oodan

Social activity?

Pretty sure we grind to buy better looking cosmetics.

Welcome to MMO in general. The general goal is to grind for items needed to grind faster.
    .........And maybe having fun once in a full moon.
    Last edited by Zeroem; Apr 5, 2016 at 08:06 AM.
    *editing post intensifies. Please wait around 5 to 10 minutes before quot-actually, just be wary that I edit my post often.
    .......Mostly because minor things like grammar and mis-spellings*

Quote Originally Posted by Kenichiro Takaki
    "Tits are life, ass is hometown"

For most that's the point of PSO.

After grinding, it comes down to optimising content that can be optimised (TAs, fixed quests, certain EQs) if you wish, but most simply aren't interested in that and PSO2 doesn't offer many options for that since everything is mostly random.

And of course, since everything is planned to be obsoleted, hardly anyone really grinds for true "endgame goals" (i.e. 8 slot units, rainbow sets of weapons) because it's simply not worth it and things will get outclassed as long as this game lives. No point maxing out gear if it's going to be outclassed. (probably off-topic but I wanted to say it somewhere)

There used to be at least a little more point to it. Like Fi/Br was better than Br/Hu and was a different playstyle, but now due to main class bonuses, 13* and other bull shit there's 0 reason to work towards the different playstyle in fi/br because all it offers is less damage for more risk+work. playing anything /hu is like you're on autopilot and you get more damage at the same time.
    Another example is elysion which was a completely different playstyle from normal force. Now there is no reason to work towards an elysion build because it does almost negative damage.
    They took out the few interesting potentials and class combos there were, so every effective build now is cookie cutter and leaves nothing to work towards but grind grind grind to do 0.1% more damage but still play with that same old boring playstyle and updated weapon texture.
    Last edited by FantasyHeaven; Apr 5, 2016 at 08:16 AM.

I just need an extremely difficult dungeon for a fairly good reward..... *sigh*
    Solo XQ is nice and all, but the rewards is worse than normal XQ which costs less passes and has less risks.....
    >Heavy Hammer
    >get blow off by an Oodan

Pashion Star Online 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    For most that's the point of PSO.

After grinding, it comes down to optimising content that can be optimised (TAs, fixed quests, certain EQs) if you wish, but most simply aren't interested in that and PSO2 doesn't offer many options for that since everything is mostly random.

And of course, since everything is planned to be obsoleted, hardly anyone really grinds for true "endgame goals" (i.e. 8 slot units, rainbow sets of weapons) because it's simply not worth it and things will get outclassed as long as this game lives. No point maxing out gear if it's going to be outclassed. (probably off-topic but I wanted to say it somewhere)
    This about sums it up.

I'm god awful at TAs but I'm highly interested in them. I Watch a lot of TA videos and wish to become a better TAer and such. At the same time I enjoy the cosmetic aspect of the game. What can I say, I'm addicted to grinding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    No one wants to see your Space Whale of a character doing Rodeo Drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilich View Post
    Pretty sure we grind to buy better looking cosmetics.
    I know I do. Spend meseta on 20 ATK more to kill XH pinatas a split second quicker, or dress up funtime, seems the obvious choice.