Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Oops, I meant 8 weeks, which is still 2 months and still far too long. You can't expect people to be happy with one Austere, can you? That's not the point of the item hunt.

Only the first Austere is quick because of titles, and you shouldn't have to multi-ship to feel like you're getting somewhere in a relatively decent amount of time.
    Last edited by Z-0; Apr 7, 2016 at 05:58 AM.

I don't really care about endgame, I just want something new and fun to do.
    It really pisses me off because game modes are some of the easiest things they could add.

Yes, I'd rather have a full game than moving goalposts for powercreeping.
    I'm pretty certain I have enough Nero and Caligula stones to get a ton of Austeres. I just can't be bothered doing Extreme Quest to get those stones.
    But according to damage meters, the only people who can beat me in damage are the ones who have 6-7+ slot equip with 150 attack on everything, and 60 element 13 stars.
    And it's usually not by much.
    So it just feels like... why should I bother wasting so much time for such a minor upgrade, just to beat the same old content slightly faster?
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Apr 7, 2016 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    At first I thought the constant updates on a video game were a good thing, but now I'm not so sure. I'd rather be given a complete, full game that lasts for thousands of hours (i.e. PSO1), and the updates are just extra content that doesn't change the goalposts and just adds simple conveniences and small improvements, rather than power creep.
    Constant updares on a video game are a good thing, when handled by a competent studio.
    In the case of PSO2, with the way things are going, I would have rather gotten yearly fully packed proper expansion packs with smaller bits of content released throughout the year (tweaks to the game and the usual AC scratches and such) than what we're getting now.

It's sad though, they could do so much more with the existing content, with the exiting areas, it's just so much wasted potential, all we get is mindless grinding quests, EQs and story. PSO1 was able to do more with less.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Nope, I'm grinding so my 50 Dark Vibras Bow can do some damage against Darkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    Constant updares on a video game are a good thing, when handled by a competent studio.
    In the case of PSO2, with the way things are going, I would have rather gotten yearly fully packed proper expansion packs with smaller bits of content released throughout the year (tweaks to the game and the usual AC scratches and such) than what we're getting now.

It's sad though, they could do so much more with the existing content, with the exiting areas, it's just so much wasted potential, all we get is mindless grinding quests, EQs and story. PSO1 was able to do more with less.

I wonder how you play this game in the early years, because I arrived in January and after a month I was bored of it.

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korima View Post
    I wonder how you play this game in the early years, because I arrived in January and after a month I was bored of it.
    Because back then the game was new and fresh, less boring same over grind and such and you actually needed to learn how to play the game in order to stand a chance. Nowdays you just pick your fre cube-pinata-EQ 10/11/12* and roflstomp everything. You also can cap yourself in super low time without any effort. Back in the day we needed 90/90/90 caps to break the first level caps which is 10/10/10 now and we only had acces to Forest/Caves/Desert etc.

Stuff like that made the game fun to play and you didn't get to the end game in 1 week of playing. The game was serious way more fun and less EQ based and crap then it is now, not to mention BS restrictiong that need prem or scheduled only content.

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ce'Nedra View Post
    Because back then the game was new and fresh, less boring same over grind and such and you actually needed to learn how to play the game in order to stand a chance. Nowdays you just pick your fre cube-pinata-EQ 10/11/12* and roflstomp everything. You also can cap yourself in super low time without any effort. Back in the day we needed 90/90/90 caps to break the first level caps which is 10/10/10 now and we only had acces to Forest/Caves/Desert etc.

Stuff like that made the game fun to play and you didn't get to the end game in 1 week of playing. The game was serious way more fun and less EQ based and crap then it is now, not to mention BS restrictiong that need prem or scheduled only content.
    Oh I see, so I arrived at the worst time.

At first I thought the constant updates on a video game were a good thing, but now I'm not so sure. I'd rather be given a complete, full game that lasts for thousands of hours (i.e. PSO1), and the updates are just extra content that doesn't change the goalposts and just adds simple conveniences and small improvements, rather than power creep.
    This.

@Macman: That's basically a huge "fuck you" to anyone with a job, or anyone who doesn't pay money to multi-ship, which is basically sanctioned meta-gaming / cheating.

I think that Z-0 is asserting that these requirements cannot be fulfilled by a reasonable person in a reasonable amount of time before something better comes along, so the average gamer sees this and says, "Why even try?"

PSO1's endgame, in all its simplicity, is so much better and more engaging than PSO2's.

The fact that PSO1 found ways to keep all of the areas relevant (for at least some Section IDs), was brilliant. It's nice to still have a reason to SEE those areas once in awhile.

If you are really that unhappy with PSO2, maybe you should just try another game. There is plenty of stuff out there. The appeal of any given game is subjective by nature, and subjective tastes very wildly, so there is no way any one game is going to satisfy everyone completely. You can talk about "wasted potential" but PSO2 has what it has, and if that is not enough for you, move on.

I feel PSO2 is in a good place for me right now. It has just the right amount of commitment level. I have played games that have demanded more (WoW), and I got burned out. Maybe there is a little more busywork to keep up with due to the recent changes, but I am managing that. I still have goals that I am working toward, but I feel I have made a lot of progress overall. I feel that PSO2 rewards me for the work I do, and I like games like that.

As for PSO1, maybe some people enjoyed the same running stuff over and over again to get a Heaven Punisher with a 1/100000 drop rate, but that really didn't appeal to me. I couldn't even manage the 1/10000 drop rate of the Cursed-J Sword, which was my goal when I quit. I also never got a character to the level 200 cap. I felt my level 150 HUNewearal was already strong enough to beat everything, and any extra power wasn't making anything faster with that casual jog through all of the maps.

Maybe some people are looking for the ultimate game that they can live in forever. My younger self looked for that. I no longer believe it exists. Have fun with PSO2 for as long as it is fun, and then jump out. Sample many games , enjoy what they have to offer, and then move on. "Seize the day" as they say. You don't live forever, so don't waste your time on entertainment that you no longer enjoy.
    Last edited by Ryna; Apr 7, 2016 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Seize, not Cease

Almost everyone in this thread has quit PSO2 (myself included). We're just posting our thoughts and wished PSO2 was better.