Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DLL Error

Default DLL Error

Hellow everybody, long time no see... and already in with problems X'D

A little backstory first:
    In August of 2015 my Laptop broke and I wasn't able to play Phantasy Star Online 2 (PC Version, Japanese Servers) for a very long time. Had no issues so far, everything worked fine.

I got a new PC around Tuesday and it works very swell as well, but not with Phantasy Star Online 2... or Windows 7.

A friend of mine informed me that I can copy my PSO2 folder from my laptop over to my PC since the game doesn't seem to use registry keys, which comes in handy since I wasn't interested in sitting 2 days on the download of PSO2 alone.

Anyway! I did as he said and the transfer worked well, but... I couldn't start the game at all. AT FIRST I had my thoughts inside the Administration rights which needed to be fixed, but everything was fine there.

The problem seem to lie within the typical "could not find d3dx9_43.dll" issue. Great. Good way to start!

After a very very long (and frustrating) search I was able to find the missing DirectX9 files (through the End-User Runtime web installer by Microsoft).

The installation of the web installer worked fine and without issues at the beginning, but right AFTER I installed all the missing files inside the System32 folder of Windows a message popped up that told me that the installation seemed to have some errors.

Wanted to re-install it with the standard set-up and then it said: "Internal Error" and that I should check out the LOG files of "dxerror" and "directx". I made a copy out of these two log files just in case.

Naturally I re-booted the computer to see if the issue gets fixed but no: I still can't run PSO2. It always says that the d3dx9_43.DLL file is missing (though ALL of the missing files ARE within the System32 folder!) and/or that the file is "broken" or not compactible with Windows.

Funny thing is that my Windows 7 Professional IS activated and a legal version and the PC itself runs without any sort of issues. DirectX 11 is also installed as well as everything else important.

I have absolutely no experiences with PCs and programs and coding etc. so I have no idea WHAT the problem really is.

My PC runs on Windows 7 Professional 32-bit Version and the PSO2 Tweaker also works without issues, but even with the Tweaker I can't run the game.

Is my PC broken? Are all the downloaded files broken? Is it more an issue with the motherboard of my PC? I'm at a total loss.

Can someone please explain me what is going on? I would be really thankful for any sort of help - No matter if it can fix my problems or not.

Sincerely:
    Felicia Wildstream

put the dlls where pso2.exe is and then try again - if a program asks for a missing file, always put it where the exe is, don't mess manually around with system32/dll
    it will likely be a chain of DLLs btw so prepare to fill in like 3-5 dlls, it might be not tho
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

We were putting all the directx9 End User Runtime dll's into the System32 folder like it was discribed in many other game forums as they described the same dll issues, so of course I thought I need to install all of them into the System folder. Some people said it was fixing their issues ASAP, but it doesn't seem to apply to PSO2 for some reason...

I will do as you said. If there will be more issues after it I will inform you.

But thanks a bunch for now, you really helped me there

Edit:
    Sadly it didn't seem to work. I just did a test run with the missing "d3dx9_43.dll" file but it still gives me the same error message. I was also checking the Administration rights for the .dll file but everything is automatically set to "run/access as Administrator".

If I try to run PSO2 (doesn't matter if I'm trying it with the PSO2 Tweaker or with the official PSO2 launcher) it says:
    "cannot find d3dx9_43.dll. Please re-install this application."
    And
    "C:/PHANTASYSTARONLINE2/PSO2_bin/d3dx9_43.dll is not executed for Windows or contains a bug/error. Please re-install the program with the original setup or contact the Systemadministrator or software supplier for assistance."

After we found out how to fix the DLL problem by downloading and installing the missing DirectX9 End-User Runtime Web Installer files into the System32 (like it was said to be done by many software and gaming sites) it was installing it without issues, but right after it was done it said that it wasn't installed properly. It asked it if I want to re-install it or if I ignore it because everything was okay, but to be 100% sure I was taking the option to "re-install" it.

When I tried to re-install the DirectX9 End-User Runtime Web Installer I get the following message:
    "An internal system error occurred. Please refer to DXError.log and DirectX.log in your windows folder to determine the problem."

I have both of those LOGs as a copy but... I'm really not smart enough to understand what they want from me, hahaha!

The problem I have is that I don't understand the "please re-install the program with the original setup". Do they mean the game itself or do they mean DirectX9? I losely translated the error message from German to English.

I can provide the LOG datas of "DXError" and "DirectX" if someone can get a clue out of what the issues could be.
    Last edited by Felicia Wildstream; Apr 7, 2016 at 02:03 PM.

from what i remember with w7 you'd need to use regserv32 to register the dll but i dont remember the syntax now and just putting the dlls in the folder with the binary will usually work
    P S O W

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    from what i remember with w7 you'd need to use regserv32 to register the dll but i dont remember the syntax now and just putting the dlls in the folder with the binary will usually work
    Oh dear... yes, of course, I totally forgot that there is something with registering stuff on Win7 like DLLs and OCX files.

I hope it will work. As soon as I got something on the run I will inform you.

try again with this installer and reboot after installing and then try again but remove the added DLLs from the game folder, also, the game being on C: might be an issue, I'd move it out of that partition
    here is the web installer for all directx libraries - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...ylang=en&id=35
    P S O W

I read your problem and might answer few of your question:

- DirectX do not need licensed copy of Windows
    I recently reinstalled Windows 7 on my laptop due to fuckup, then i forgot to verify the copy. I just went play the game without doing so for like, couple a week until a baloon popup remind me doing so.

- Do not place directx .dll files inside PSO2 installation folder
    It's not there normally, and should never be in the first place as it might cause potential conflict and error.

- Try to repair your DirectX installation
    Try to reinstall directx to repair your installation, or find latest redist packages

- Try to repair/reinstall your display driver, will it be onboard graphic driver or discrete graphic driver

First off I know this is an older post and bumping older posts is frowned upon so to the Administrators I apologise, however my brother is having the same issue with his windows 10, and it seemed appropriate to continue this one rather than starting a new one. I did check the stickys first but didn't see this issue there. I am not familiar with 10 as I have 7. I have tried installing the directx runtime and the file is physically there, but basically the same issue as Felicia. Anybody come across this for 10 and how do we fix this. He really wants to join us all.

]The Ragol Trilogy: Ragol's Gift, Ragol's Curse, Ragol's Legacy GT Xbox One: Eries Fury

Quote Originally Posted by Freeze View Post
    First off I know this is an older post and bumping older posts is frowned upon so to the Administrators I apologise, however my brother is having the same issue with his windows 10, and it seemed appropriate to continue this one rather than starting a new one. I did check the stickys first but didn't see this issue there. I am not familiar with 10 as I have 7. I have tried installing the directx runtime and the file is physically there, but basically the same issue as Felicia. Anybody come across this for 10 and how do we fix this. He really wants to join us all.
    Install Direct X 9.0c and the Direct X Runtime, in that order.
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We tried doing that and even deleting the files and reinstalling them but it's still giving the same message. Frustration is definitely starting to kick in. After installing the directx 9 I ran the runtime but it just says everything is up to date and quits. Suggestions?

UPDATE: Got it working. Had to delete directx files from SWOW64 file in windows and the video drivers then reinstall everything. Now it works. Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by Freeze; Jan 1, 2017 at 07:31 PM.

]The Ragol Trilogy: Ragol's Gift, Ragol's Curse, Ragol's Legacy GT Xbox One: Eries Fury