Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

ICE update seems the most likely reason to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Atmius View Post
    Probably an ice update on existing outfit/etc files as a result of a repacker being publicly released.
    It's because Sony and not because we can do "whatever" we want with their game.

New Type Weapons=.5 gb per NTW

If anyone actually believes this I will cut you

This will literally take me days to download.

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Macman View Post
    This will literally take me days to download.
    Look at it from the bright side, if you start now it will be done by the time the update hits

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

Since this update also the launch of Tier 6, I would assume that big numbers is mostly for updating existing models with Tier 6.

At least they send the pre-patch early. Still rip for those with bandwith or slow internet.
    *editing post intensifies. Please wait around 5 to 10 minutes before quot-actually, just be wary that I edit my post often.
    .......Mostly because minor things like grammar and mis-spellings*

Quote Originally Posted by Kenichiro Takaki
    "Tits are life, ass is hometown"

WTF? so the big size is because the graphics update? what if I don't want to change my settings? that should be optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Korima View Post
    WTF? so the big size is because the graphics update? what if I don't want to change my settings? that should be optional.
    That's why the new graphics is Tier 6. You still have the old Tier 5 and below settings.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMag View Post
    What the fuck are they adding thats making us download quite literally half of the game? The new graphics would not be that huge.
    More or less every single texture in the game needs an update cause they all look like taken from the PS2 era.
    And graphics are always the by far biggest part of a game (aside from videos).
    The only surprise for me is that it looks like Sega may actually update the shitty textures which I expected them to leave unchanged for all of the game's life.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Meteor View Post
    Well, then i'll have to update via old method, because new method always forget a good amount of files with big updates
    What do you mean by that? I don't know what methods there are. Do you mean the Tweaker using TRANS AM?
    I suppose using the original launcher to download these would work?

Korima meant that parts of patch related to graphics update should be optional for download. For toasters it's essentially a waste of gigantic amount of space. For such a big game this kind of content distribution wouldn't hurt.

Tbh, if taken further, it could be so much better. Like, if you had just started playing, you really won't be able to do anything in Ultimate areas, so why not delay the download of that. You wouldn't need to download entire 30 GB to start playing, like 6-10 gigs should be enough for tutorial stuff, Forest, beginner weapons and costumes, rest could be downloaded in background and on demand.

I know at least Quake Live distributes maps in such fashion. More games could use such system.