Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Should I feel ashamed if I can't clear Solo XQ?

I'm not the top player, and never gonna be, cause my reflexes never was too sharp, and Im not that much of a gamer in general. But this game is fairly easy and with good equpment and builds, I became a good damage dealer, being able to enter top 3 or 5 DPS in MPA most of the time and earning nice titles on Base Defense Quests.
    But I can't clear those damned Solo EX. I know that not many can, but I thought I'm better than this.

My problem is that I'm running out of mates. If only I could take at least 10 more I could make for sure, but as it is even with all possible bufs: drinks, tree, timed abilities, food, tokyo hamburger for HP restortion, I still can't beat overpowered one-shotting PD, cause Anga's WB draining my health like crazy prior the final showdown.

Anyway, the main question is: should I feel bad about it? Am I a stupid noob if I can't clear the most hardcore quest in a casual game? Or if just so unbalanced that sega should be ashamed, not me? You know, like Ghost and Goblins games, that meant to be nearly unbeatable.
    Last edited by ZerotakerZX; Apr 14, 2016 at 03:25 AM.

What class are you using? It's pretty ezmode with braver and its broken combat escape.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    What class are you using? It's pretty ezmode with braver and its broken combat escape.
    I've tried FiHu, GuRA, BrHu and the best results I had with FiHu, cause it's my main class. I've heard of bravers trick, but it seems my damage output isn't high enough with katana.

if you felt for it then you should
    if you don't then this thread should never exist

This might sound silly, but try not getting hit.

I'm serious.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerotakerZX View Post
    I've tried FiHu, GuRA, BrHu and the best results I had with FiHu, cause it's my main class. I've heard of bravers trick, but it seems my damage output isn't high enough with katana.
    Bring 1 Hu weapon to JG, even if you miss the JG window it'll still reduce damage taken by great amount.
    Set your mag into support heal, automate will help a fuckton too.

And then, to remind the oldest trick of action game on the book:
    Hit it until it dies, don't get hit.
    Also, if you already able to deal decent amount of damage from get go, try to take DEF or HP buff instead of attack one.
    Last edited by wefwq; Apr 14, 2016 at 03:35 AM.

If all else fails, make a gear with tons of HP. That'll solve your problem. lol.

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZerotakerZX View Post
    Respec for Massive Hunter and IronWill+NeverGiveUp/Automate. MH lets you ignore flinching etc and reduces damage for 45 seconds which can save your ass big time when solo, automate will make sure you can keep attacking and don't have to stop to heal. Iron Will saves my ass more then that it fails so that is pretty much a permanent skill on any of my chars that sub HU and Never Give Up gives you an extra attack boost as well.

Just my two cents, never bothered with Solo XQ myself.

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

I only cleared it once with Hu/Fi, but I'd say stage 10 depends on your gear a lot. With Fi/Hu, if you have some 13* Double Saber, it's a matter of timing Acro Effects and Kamaitachi right. Otherwise you can craft Elder Pain and spam Over End/Ride Slasher and keep Massive Hunter up as long as possible.

How I did it on Hu:
    Stage 6: Adapt Spin/Heavenly Fall on Caterdrans, then go for Vol with Vol. Getting to the point of taking 0 damage doesn't take long.
    Stage 7: Slide Shaker, Slide Shaker, Slide Shaker! Get rid of Elder's mobs, then Luther's, then Elder clone, then Luther clone, then nuke Hunar with Vol while he's in spawn animation. Explosion should kill Hunar instantly while dealing massive damage to Angel.
    Stage 8: Maybe it's far from best strategy, but I just spammed Symphonic Drive on everything until only robokitty is left. Then I switched to Heavenly Fall.
    Stage 9: Circle of shame ;_;
    Stage 10: Immediately start off with Nifta and annihilate Council with something quick (like Assault Buster). Elder Pain through Anga. I don't see why Anga's WB should be much of a problem - even if you can't JG through its stun scream you still have more time to get out of the stun before WB hits you than in UQ (and that WB is singular).
    When Dio appears while Anga is still not dead, it gets pretty harsh. Mainly watch out for Anga's lasers and balls, because they are rather random, and they stunlock you for much longer time than regular attacks. Dio's blade spam is easy to see because of sunction and blades appearing right above you.
    PD is rather simple. Dodging during SatCan is an absolute must. I could tank Over End with Massive Hunter on.