Default Black screen, nothing happens

Anyone else get this bug?

After the Sega and nVidia logos, the screen is black and nothing happens. The game still runs but does nothing and when I press alt+f4 I can hear the sound of the "do you want to quit?" message box.

Occasionally the intro video may be played as well but it makes no real difference.

What truly confuses me about this is that it didn't happen due to maintenance.
    Yesterday (same day as now in Japan) I was able to play using the .bat (or even the tweaker) but now, without any change in the game (or my PC), I can no longer do it.

Nothing short of having the original launcher purge every patch ever will let me play again.

Anyone know what's wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Megidolaon View Post
    Anyone else get this bug?

After the Sega and nVidia logos, the screen is black and nothing happens. The game still runs but does nothing and when I press alt+f4 I can hear the sound of the "do you want to quit?" message box.

Occasionally the intro video may be played as well but it makes no real difference.

What truly confuses me about this is that it didn't happen due to maintenance.
    Yesterday (same day as now in Japan) I was able to play using the .bat (or even the tweaker) but now, without any change in the game (or my PC), I can no longer do it.

Nothing short of having the original launcher purge every patch ever will let me play again.

Anyone know what's wrong?
    Add the game to your whitelist on your antivirus.
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I used to get this when my files were corrupted. Solved my running a file check and redownloaded English patches.

echoing file check, if you plan to do it with twerker, delete the DO NOT DELETE ME WIN32.txt before you do that, check for missing and old files
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Quote Originally Posted by Orangemelon View Post
    I used to get this when my files were corrupted. Solved my running a file check and redownloaded English patches.
    Thanks, gonna try to re-install patches then.

I don't touch any tweaker files and I'm using the same antivirus that hasn't detected PSO2 in 2 years.

Edit: really was the filecheck, re-installed the patches and it's working now.
    Last edited by Achelousaurus; Apr 17, 2016 at 10:36 AM.