Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A few questions for PS4 players.

I have a few questions for those of you who play on the PS4 that I've been unable to find the answers to elsewhere- Firstly, Has anyone found out a decent way of searching for stuff on the visiphone on the PS4 since simple copy and pasting doesn't work, I've been able to copy the text but you aren't able to paste It when searching for some reason. [This Is only with a controller I haven't tested this with a keyboard just yet] Secondly In the Item/costume preview menu on the PC I was able to drag It to be much bigger to see the item/costume more clearly and I'm able to do this on PS4 with a mouse but It doesn't seem to save It like It does on the pc so I'm constantly having to change It each time I exit, Is there any way of fixing this? I appreciate any answers.
    Edit- I tested a keyboard and It also doesn't allow you to paste text so simply copying and pasting the Japanese name doesn't work.
    Last edited by munekun; Apr 25, 2016 at 02:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by munekun View Post
    I have a few questions for those of you who play on the PS4 that I've been unable to find the answers to elsewhere- Firstly, Has anyone found out a decent way of searching for stuff on the visiphone on the PS4 since simple copy and pasting doesn't work, I've been able to copy the text but you aren't able to paste It when searching for some reason. [This Is only with a controller I haven't tested this with a keyboard just yet] Secondly In the Item/costume preview menu on the PC I was able to drag It to be much bigger to see the item/costume more clearly and I'm able to do this on PS4 with a mouse but It doesn't seem to save It like It does on the pc so I'm constantly having to change It each time I exit, Is there any way of fixing this? I appreciate any answers.
    Edit- I tested a keyboard and It also doesn't allow you to paste text so simply copying and pasting the Japanese name doesn't work.
    I don't know about the costume preview but for the an alternative I've heard for searching things on the visiphone is by using a cellphone for remote play with the PSstore app to copy and paste things into the visiphone. I have yet to try it myself but I figured it was worth mentioning.

I type the item names in with the PS4 keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Icis View Post
    I type the item names in with the PS4 keyboard.
    I try that to a point but I can only get so far with very little knowledge of being able to read or write Japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by munekun View Post
    I try that to a point but I can only get so far with very little knowledge of being able to read or write It.
    If you have a cellphone, use the Google Translate app to get the romaji pronunciations of Japanese words, then use a romaji keyboard on the PS4 to get the desired output.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    If you have a cellphone, use the Google Translate app to get the romaji pronunciations of Japanese words, then use a romaji keyboard on the PS4 to get the desired output.
    That's actually what I'm currently doing minus the cellphone, I just translate the Item names on google translate and It works but I was hoping there was a simpler way. I find It annoying mainly as anytime I'd like to look up an Item I have to run upstairs to my computer unless It's name Is very simple, lol.
    Last edited by munekun; Apr 27, 2016 at 01:22 AM.

What region PSN account does everyone here play on? JP? or any other foreign PSN?.

I have to use my JPN psn to play since I downloaded the game. But did anyone figure out if there is a setting to toggle the lock on instead of having to hold down L1?

Star Base. Where no turtle has gone before.

I just set my physical keyboard from English to Japanese with the romanji typing setting(Playstation setting, not in game). What I type out comes out in hiragana, I hit space a few times and then its in katakana. Done.

If you need help with romanji pronunciations it might be a bit more tricky, but doable.

I set my PS4 to have both English and Japanese keyboards, and while on the Japanese keyboard, at least on mine, you can toggle between English or Japanese by pressing alt + '. To turn your typed text into Kana (it'll be highlighted till you hit Enter), just hit F7.
    PSO2 characters
    Ship 2: Rabbie, Ramune, Princess Sara. Ship 10's Elu and Noriko are here as well (for an undetermined amount of time...)