Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

We can hope they just realized it.

Quote Originally Posted by blace View Post
    Are they even aware they're behind?
    I've heard rumors that, regarding the NX's graphics, it'll be comparable to the Xbox One. If this is true then rip.
    PLACEHOLDER SIGNATURE - music included ♪

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

I would still get it. Graphics don't matter that much to me, the games they have are always solid and enjoyable for me and that's what matters.

To be honest i welcome the delay. I got to much of a gaming backlog already so I don't mind having to wait another year for that new Zelda.

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

^ exactly my thoughts, graphocwhores should go buy a PC, PS4 and One were also underpowered the day they launched, at least Nintendo accompanied the console with software worth playing.

No thanks.

Nintendo is all about rehashing their main franchises as a measure to sell exclusivity, and then yank it out at the last minute. Its not that their games suck, but that once you beat them, what else do you do on the console? That's the difference between SEGA and Nintendo. Both are similar in dealing with main franchises, but in order to play Nintendo Games, you are extorted to buy new consoles as a measure to enjoy their latest saturated shitball of the same thing...

I was a long time Nintendo Fan, even was subscribed to Nintendo Power back then since Issue #1. Once they lost their 3rd party support, they pretty much started hiding under a rock and just making more of the same they have made in the last 20 years.

Like a classmate told me

"Nintendo for the inner kid or manchild who wishes to be Japanese for a day.
    SONY is for people who wish to feel and act Japanese and play their games, while Microsoft is for everyone else on the planet."

...and I turned to him, raised my eye... and said

"Oh fucking hell no if you think I'm letting microsoft get near my servers....My windows ain't fucking pretty, but neither are my games. Even fucking dracula can agree on the old being the best when my Linux Boxes from the mid 90s proved to be more reliable than any of the shit released in the last six years. OSes today feel like Hard Liquor made from artificial crap. ....and people say there isn't an afterlife. Feels that warm to me... Oh fucking hells... "
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

They're more about inmediate satisfaction than retaining the longevity of a release, or at least that is what it feels like in the recent years.

They're also in the mindset that their audience consists mainly of children and should cater towards that demographic while the older audience would like something more substantial. Bayonetta 2 was a decent step in that direction, but they took a risk investing in a game that may not get sales due to spite of having the game remain exclusive to a Nintendo platform. It didn't even sell to well, from what I can find, with most of the core players remaining on PS4, XB1 and PC.

That being said, exclusivity is the only thing keeping them afloat and being relevant. Not everyone will buy into it without more information into what the next system would be and their E3 plans this year being centered around the Wii U version of Zelda. It's rather mind boggling that they're still keeping to this path they've been treading since the Wii became known for its shovelware.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

It's not so mindboggling.
    It's pretty simple..

Its Japanese people being Japanese.... Not giving a damn about anyone but themselves and always proving to the world that they meet the definition of insanity; which is: "Attempting to do the exact same thing with hopes of achieving different results"

This is something that SONY, NINTENDO, SEGA, and every damned Japanese Company has in common that can be traced and is on record.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Actually, it's weird to me. The main thing is that Sony and Microsoft are newer in videogames. Yet as first party people, they are technically worse at rehashing their franchises, because they have more sequels to their games (with the same gameplay just bigger) within the same time period than Nintendo ever does. Plus, they do take more risks (even with their franchises) by making completely different genre games with familiar characters. Each one of them seems to have some new franchises to add to their first party list, though Microsoft seems to have stopped making new franchises as of late.

I think part of it is that the Xbox One and PS4 started by really keeping shy of doing first party games for a while and just let 3rd parties do their thing. It's still a bit of a surprise that worked given that the first two years, for them, had 3rd parties suddenly saying "Woah! Consoles still sell! I guess we should rush some stuff on them!" and then they produced buggy unfinished trash. 2015 was the real turning point when the 3rd party quality games really first started to take shape.

But then again, I'm a late comer to buying consoles as I only really started with them with the PSX. So I was mostly Sega, Sony and then also Microsoft, but with history still recognized the strength of Nintendo as a first party developer. So just like those who started with Nintendo, back in the day, I started to see the staleness of the consoles I mostly backed software purchases with, but kind of started to get a bit cold on their licenses way faster. The big difference? They pumped out many games and sequels to the same franchises with the exact same gameplay.

In the time we'd see a maybe 2 Mario platformers, a Dr. Mario Puzzle game, A golf game, and a Racer using the Mario license, we'd see 4 Halo games which are all first person shooters with the same kind of gameplay and interface with maybe a new vehicle to use and a weapon variant.

I'm sure this looks a lot different to ones who been there since the original NES, but I didn't have that same 30 year experience to compress to what the competition did in 15 to 20 years now. And now that I know it is 20 years, it is actually a bit of a shock that the other big console players have no where near the amount of big franchises that Nintendo has right now. And way less different genres their franchises went into.

Still, third parties are the big thing, even though they screwed it up for 3 years. The threat of having them is way more powerful than them actually turning out stuff that is good. The bad thing is that the third party stuff the world is clamoring for, are mainly the same rehashes which more than twice have the same gameplay as before in a genre that has gone quite stale with competition releasing the same thing with a new skin. We now even classify the type of Shooter or adventure they produce.

And yeah, people will say, they aren't all shooters or similar 3rd person adventure games. That's true. It's also the same that not all Nintendo games are Mario/Kirby/Yoshi Platformers, Zelda games, Pokémon turn-based RPGs, or Metroid/Metroid Prime games. The same way people won't count Pikmin (which there are only 3 in the same amount of years Halo alone has 7 FPS games), Wonderful 101, Hyrule Warriors (new genre for the franchise), Captain Toad, Pushmo, Splatoon, Codename S.T.E.A.M, Brain Age, etc.

Now of course, I do agree that 3rd parties are the big thing for good reasons, just that I often see them not sell. What I like is the stuff that goes away from the beaten path, and just like Nintendo, people often don't count those because they aren't the big seller franchise for that company. So I don't think anybody goes away from that. They make money off the big seller (familiar) franchise, and use some of that to help fund an experimental new idea or two. Those are the things that push the boundaries and then get embellished upon and polished with future games. Either by them, or someone else inspired by them.

Again, I see this from the opposite history. Coming from the non-Nintendo console fan, to actually owning their consoles by curiosity of their first-party stuff and getting more of a fresh take from the competition I so got used to. I still got my Xbox One, still love Forza Horizons as my go to semi-realistic arcade racer game (and around 40+ BC Digital games I got carried over from when I had the 360 (before it and the physical software was stolen)). My PS4, which I started seeing the big turn around 2015 with hits like Bloodborne, their offline-playable port of Diablo III ROS, etc. This time around, I had the most exclusive fun with the Wii U library, but it'll be a matter of time when the XB1 and PS4 library catch up, given they are still going with no plans to stop supporting them soon (And get more titles not on PC). Everybody kind of got a bit of help from the Indies almost more than the 3rd parties, when it comes to the number of unique and fun experiences to be had.

What Sony and Microsoft did surprisingly right was push Numbers at people as a selling point.
    Surprising, because third parties thought this was a losing battle because they saw stuff like Steam Machines coming. They thought that since the big consoles were just underpowered PCs, affordable Steam Machines would blow them away with their console-like setup while having the PC power advantage. They thought the future was PC and Mobile. They got caught with their pants down.

Anyway, the numbers became the selling point which worked in this market. Not just for the consumer market, but for the 3rd parties. And other than the horrible name choice and bad initial marketing of the brand, this was what Nintendo really failed at, this generation. Unless you sound like the top dog of power, people aren't interested. Heck, that classic 60fps 3rd party port PS4 vs. XBOne stuff was a big thing which also helped drive PS4 sales. It also started some of that whole third party trying to create parity of games by slowing down one port so that it matched the fps of another port, since they saw what it did with the console market competition. It became straight off fanboy/fangirl bait and the market went with that.

In terms of choice, this kind of served me well, given that having a gaming PC gave me the winning share of games and quality, while basically having the 3 consoles and portables for exclusives, or exclusive experiences the PC didn't have. A lot of the big selling points that sold those more successful systems, I get on PC, and can collect on a Steam sale, etc.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; May 2, 2016 at 11:20 AM.
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

Third party only care about sales, about how well their games sell on a system, they don't care about how "powerful" a console is, wiiU had tons of third party games at launch, everyone was expecting it to be a success like the wii, so they supported it. Well it didn't, and they stopped supporting it, meanwhile, the wii still gets its yearly singstar in some countries, because it still sells, and xbox360 still gets its butchered COD game in 2015, and all systems will have their FIFA, NBA2k, MADDEN and PES in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    Third party only care about sales, about how well their games sell on a system, they don't care about how "powerful" a console is, wiiU had tons of third party games at launch, everyone was expecting it to be a success like the wii, so they supported it. Well it didn't, and they stopped supporting it, meanwhile, the wii still gets its yearly singstar in some countries, because it still sells, and xbox360 still gets its butchered COD game in 2015, and all systems will have their FIFA, NBA2k, MADDEN and PES in 2016.
    Actually, they didn't "support" it. They basically tip toed into it like they did the first years of the other systems. Re-release a last gen title on it, quickly. The bad thing was how late they were doing it and having not much luck reselling the same game they already sold more than 6 months ago on other systems. Heck, EA even torpedoed ME 3 sales on Wii U by putting an even better trilogy, on systems people already had, before they even had the Wii U version up for sale. And that was pretty much a launch title. So yeah, perhaps they would've tried if the massive buy of the Wii U, within the first few months happened like the Wii.

I don't think it was anything personal. Just that it showed that they lacked confidence in the console industry. Being the first one out, and seeing 3rd party support being timid, really provided the right kind of setup for people to anti-advertise the system. The biggest fault, being on Nintendo and their lack of proper marketing and such. The only way it could've made it big was to hit big in that launch window. Maybe this is where they are going? A new system has to show that they have timely *new* games coming out right from launch. And if we're seeing 3rd party stuff, something that is at least current. Launching in stride with other systems.

Third parties indeed followed where they thought the money was, when they really went to work. Just that numbers "power" sold the consumers, the consumers provided the hardware sales from said numbers, the third parties followed after their initial *trial* phase.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; May 2, 2016 at 01:29 PM.
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.