Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Chances are the wiiU is a fiasco because of the name, most people (even my age, 30+) didn't know two years after launch it was a new console and they thought it was an accessory. Other chances are that the casual market didn't care about a new wii, or DS, they already got bored of their bowling, wiifit and brain training games, but Nintendo, seeing this, did the right thing, and released games for the "core" audience, the ones who bought the system, as a WiiU user I am not disappointed at all about its catalogue, but the machine is too overpriced, a lot of people want it to go to the prices the Cube reached, to buy it cheap and play a bunch of great games, or hope for the NX to be backwards compatible, the controller not only ended in a worse gimmick (not even Platinum saved Starfox), it also made it too expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    Chances are the wiiU is a fiasco because of the name, most people (even my age, 30+) didn't know two years after launch it was a new console and they thought it was an accessory. Other chances are that the casual market didn't care about a new wii, or DS, they already got bored of their bowling, wiifit and brain training games, but Nintendo, seeing this, did the right thing, and released games for the "core" audience, the ones who bought the system, as a WiiU user I am not disappointed at all about its catalogue, but the machine is too overpriced, a lot of people want it to go to the prices the Cube reached, to buy it cheap and play a bunch of great games, or hope for the NX to be backwards compatible, the controller not only ended in a worse gimmick (not even Platinum saved Starfox), it also made it too expensive.
    It did, even though I see what they were going with. The industry was worried that consoles (too much like PC) would fail, so they went with an angle of trying to play games outside of what PC had access to.

I agree on your point and it backfired when they realized they were stuck with 1 gamepad per console, and they didn't even sell the gamepad separately. No one should have to send something back for repairs just to fix a controller. Coleco Adam fell for the same problem when they had multi-hardware dependencies to play games on their system. (Even worse, because the system broke down if any component did. Lose the printer? No Coleco Adam for you until it is fixed.)

There could've been more games to help sell the gamepad idea, though. I was surprised Boardgames didn't jump all over it because the most popular and greatest new boardgames today have asynchronous simultaneous gameplay. One for which a gamemaster plays a game that affects all the other players playing that game differently. So many missed opportunities there as that was the only game system equipped, by default, to handle them.

Still Sony's Humble Pie they ate last gen, has helped them gain the momentum to be where they are with the main console industry. (Still don't know why they haven't learned what to do with portables or other devices yet)We'll see what Nintendo serves up, after experiencing the same.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; May 2, 2016 at 02:55 PM.
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

Without 3rd party developer support it will be as big a flop as the Wii U.