Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Was wondering why this topic was so popular.
    Popped in and it's people arguing about weird stuff again.
    Figures.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    Was wondering why this topic was so popular.
    Popped in and it's people arguing about weird stuff again.
    Figures.
    Is this what you consider weird?

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    Mreply through opinion rather than fact,
    To be fair, you also used opinion to support your idea that Austere is garbage...
    Last edited by Tunga; May 10, 2016 at 09:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireswordRus View Post
    But if u take mpa with a lot boses in 1 time, and if FI have war cry lv10 ,FI win
    -----------------------Flashing-----------------------------------------------Tagami--------------------------
    Spoiler!

I seriously wonder how a topic about Yamato and AIS' weapon potential become a somewhat pointless and borderline sad math debate between Ideal and Austere.

......Then I remembered where the thread was located.
    *editing post intensifies. Please wait around 5 to 10 minutes before quot-actually, just be wary that I edit my post often.
    .......Mostly because minor things like grammar and mis-spellings*

Quote Originally Posted by Kenichiro Takaki
    "Tits are life, ass is hometown"

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    Good, unless you want to come back to math this away:

Katana comparison

http://4rt.info/psod/?rDZYc

Dagger comparison

http://4rt.info/psod/?4W5z2

Added 90 stk to barehand to simulate ideal 4 set bonus advantage over saiki.

Like bel and I both said, low atk weapons can benefit more from ideal, and you ran numbers for the LOWEST base atk weapon category in the game; daggers!

Whether or not your numbers are accurate is one thing. The only thing you've proven is how narrow you chose to see things by testing ONE weapon category, in the hands of ONE class combo, for ONE specific application, ignore/marginalize the advantages outside of said application, and used the advantages of that specific class combo as grounds to ignore another advantage of austere, and decide austere is crap across the board, which is your opinion, and an inaccurate blanket statement.

No one would take YOU seriously in a professional setting for the amount of convenient omission you used to make point.

Yes, ideal is better than austere... for 1-2 specific weapon categories, against bosses only, and if you ignore every advantage austere has! That is literally what your conclusion is. For all of your knowledge on the game's calculations, and algebra, you're an idiot. This is why I, or anyone else haven't bothered to respond to you with walls of math!
    I had left this thread and this poster decided to visit my profile and posted a link to this thread. You can blame him for having me respond to a thread I had walked away from.... It won't be long as I don't have much to say:

Your defense for AUSTERE not being GARBAGE and being "WORTH TO GET" For the full hardcore endgamer who will run six slot (or more) weapons and units is that I didn't calculate "everything" on all weapons and post it!? You then declared me to be an idiot, when you can't tell the difference between Algebra and Fifth Grade Arithmetic Concepts.....while failing to realize that some weapons are utter garbage to mob with, but stellar at wiping out bosses. Tell me something... Are you High?

FACT: Austere is the weapon that has to prove itself as the ENDGAME weapon to get, not Ideal.

When all calculation is said and done on fully powered players, the damage difference between the two is residual (1% or less on SAIKI vs bosses) during a time when we wipe out level 80 mobs in 2 - 3 hits. A 12% potential is not going to increase my power vs mobs by 50% in order to reduce the hit count from 3 hits to 2 hits (3 - 1 = 2, reciprocal being 1/2). I have no problems mobbing with what I mob with now......and against level 80 enemies.

My previous calculations did not include a Full Skill Tree, Rings, Shifta Drink, Tree Buff, Food, or Timed Buffs. My previous calculations DID include the Equilibrium for a range of 150. 3800 ATP vs 4000 ATP is the Equilibrium for a difference of 200 ATP among the two weapons. Equilibrium was determined for Saiki Units....

When this thread started, everyone thought that it was AUSTERE or Bust, but I proved that Austere was mostly hype. I guess it seems that top players seem to have a mobbing problem if they are willing to defend a mobbing weapon to the end of time.....

Ideal and Austere remind me of Linux and Windows. Windows is designed for the general public to be good to decent at just about everything. However, Linux is designed to be great at the one thing that truly counts in the industry.....Networking! Windows can try to come close, but it won't beat an OS designed from the ground up for networking. It doesn't mean that Windows doesn't have its purpose. Most users are on Windows, while most webservers, databases, and file servers are on Linux.

Do I want to be good at everything through one weapon when I have six options for weapons? or do I want to have a Weapon that is good against a boss, and the other five good towards other things?

This is a choice everyone has to make.
    In my build, Wands and Gunslashes are mobbing weapons, while Daggers and Knuckles are Bossing Weapons.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

uhmm, can we put the train back on its rail now?
    Last edited by HentaiLolicon; May 11, 2016 at 02:00 AM.

Came here for A.I.S. pron...

... stayed for the math.

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    Your defense for AUSTERE not being GARBAGE...
    ... Is that it's better than ideal for nearly every weapon category with more base atk than daggers at everything from mobbing, to bossing, to pp sustain. The damage calc can tell you that. I don't care about your calculations.

If austere is garbage to you, yet it performs better than ideal, wouldn't that make ideal garbage by your standards? Hell, that would make all 13*s garbage to you.

Calling something garbage is to berate everything under it, including your own weapon of choice.

How about we end it here?
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; May 11, 2016 at 02:55 AM.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

Hint: Not many would listen to a person who is acting such a smart ass even whether he is right or wrong, cause you will always be wrong or ridiculed.
    Especially when it can be explained in one single sentence instead of being equipped with gibberish words.

It's definitely not rocket science to explain things in game and even rocket science is not filled with why babies are born and died to explain stars and constellations.
    This post is an example of my gibberish words of this post, but at least it doesn't take more than 5 lines including a line break.

When the first spawn in solo UQ clocks in at near 2,000,00 HP (or more) or heavy mob XHEQ that extra 20%+ mobbing power comes in handy. But enough about this, it's getting old..

Lets get the real debate going now... windows vs linux hipsters!
    Nah, jk lets stop pls.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireswordRus View Post
    But if u take mpa with a lot boses in 1 time, and if FI have war cry lv10 ,FI win
    -----------------------Flashing-----------------------------------------------Tagami--------------------------
    Spoiler!