View Poll Results: Would you abandon the PSO2JP server for a fully translated english server?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 8.48%
  • No

117 70.91%
  • Depends on how much content their is.

34 20.61%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ashley50 View Post
    Nope. PSU "experience" was enough for me.

Never again.
    Exactly

{Theme: Infinite Legends}
    RadiantAim: When did you get here?
    LegendAim: Wow he actually leveled him
    LordAim: Hai gaiz

Quote Originally Posted by ashley50 View Post
    Nope. PSU "experience" was enough for me.

Never again.
    I'm seeing alot of this in the thread, what happened with PSU? (Sorry, my first Phantasy star game was PSP2)
    god: "How, has your power not been dispersed?"

Me: Because PHOTONS, BITCH! Filled with just as much bullshit as your Aether crap!

Definitely not, for reasons already stated. Inferior product is inferior. It'll be just like PSOBB and subsequently PSU. Though I may make a brief cameo to holler at a few "waiter" friends that couldn't be bothered to jump through some of the hoops with the JP servers.
    Last edited by Zeota; May 9, 2016 at 02:41 PM.
    Zeota - Ship 2 (JP)
    http://twitch.tv/zeomantic

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromaster View Post
    I'm seeing alot of this in the thread, what happened with PSU? (Sorry, my first Phantasy star game was PSP2)
    Sony screwed SEGA over, that's what. It's more than just a matter of "the West being behind because SEGA LOVES JAPAN", if anything, it might not even have been that entirely; Sony requirements to pass certification for quality kept delaying any and every little (and big[ger]) updates with PSU. And since PSU PC was TIED to PSU PS2, it meant that the PC version was stuck having to wait for Sony's "ok" to also roll with the content.

That doesn't explain what I heard about the Xbox version going to hell as well, though.

I was in one Magatsu a while back where a Katana Braver topped damage meters by a huge mile.
    That's the only time I've ever seen a Katana Braver topping DPS anywhere. Dunno why it's such a rare thing.

Quote Originally Posted by wefwq View Post
    You'd still gambling buying clothes that don't look too good on your character or chance of clipping with other stuff you wear.
    You mean because of how the preview window sucks? Or you're talking about AC scratch?
    I don't buy AC because it never gives me what I want.

At least outfits were resellable before. Can't even get rid of all these 13 stars I don't use/don't need.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; May 9, 2016 at 03:59 PM.

I'd move to the EN servers if account transfers existed.

For me it'd honestly depend on where it starts. I wouldn't play unless it was on at least EP4 or at least close to it. After that it would depend on smaller things like censorship, payment model in comparison to JP, and whether they'd localize the smartphone/ps4 version as well. I probably still wouldnt abandon the JP server outright, as I've gotten attached to my character over the past 3 years.

No way. I've invested far too much time into the JP servers now and I wouldn't want to run a repeat of what happened with PSOBB/PSU. Even if US PSO2 did ever release (which I highly doubt, that interview was an extremely vague response) it'd probably be behind in content and get shut down before JP PSO2 does.

On a slightly more positive note, the other reason I wouldn't drop JP PSO2 is because it's a fun way of remembering some Japanese when I'm not studying Anki/Genki/Tae Kim.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Rupi would sit at a distance and watch while eating photon popcorn, while drama unfolds. Maybe level a char if jp pso2 is still boring as it's been since ep4

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    That doesn't explain what I heard about the Xbox version going to hell as well, though.

I was in one Magatsu a while back where a Katana Braver topped damage meters by a huge mile.
    That's the only time I've ever seen a Katana Braver topping DPS anywhere. Dunno why it's such a rare thing.

You mean because of how the preview window sucks? Or you're talking about AC scratch?
    I don't buy AC because it never gives me what I want.

At least outfits were resellable before. Can't even get rid of all these 13 stars I don't use/don't need.
    Yeah... I used to think the same was the deal with the PC version when I played on that.. (also found it weird the PS2 version had voice clips when I played on there that the PC didn't have when I would switch wihch version I played back and forth)
    Then... later on I moved to the 360 version and yeah... was if I recall like 10 months behind and even when the time came to get stuff that was like on the PSP games or GC or ccertain items and such.... never came.
    Many people (especially Japanese players) were pissed.