View Poll Results: Would you abandon the PSO2JP server for a fully translated english server?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 8.48%
  • No

117 70.91%
  • Depends on how much content their is.

34 20.61%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I'd play both.

I'd stick to whichever one stuck around the longest. (Likely the JP server)

The only way I'm quitting the JP server is if SEGA imposes an IP block due to the release of a western server and as a result also starts banning accounts that bypass that block to play on the JP servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaylar View Post
    SEGA imposes an IP block due to the release of a western server and as a result also starts banning accounts that bypass that block to play on the JP servers.
    Would be a good excuse to quit EQarks life if that happens, alas.

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Won't be up to date with Japan.
    Will have features removed.
    Will have certain collab things removed.
    Won't be able to move character(s) to other server.
    No point playing on another server when it's pretty much the same game anyway.

So while I picked no, I meant "You think I'm fucking stupid enough to do something that idiotic? Fuck that shit. Hell no. I would not fucking do it. I'm not masochistic enough to fall into that bullshit. Fuck no."
    But, I guess no is okay too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaylar View Post
    I'd play both.

I'd stick to whichever one stuck around the longest. (Likely the JP server)

The only way I'm quitting the JP server is if SEGA imposes an IP block due to the release of a western server and as a result also starts banning accounts that bypass that block to play on the JP servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by sparab View Post
    Would be a good excuse to quit EQarks life if that happens, alas.
    Yeah, if they did that I woudl be 10000% done with PSO2 until a private server came up (or a mod to play it offline. I would like to play it offline.)
    Last edited by [Ayumi]; May 9, 2016 at 01:55 AM.

Simple answer no.

Detailed Answer
    Spoiler!

No, I wouldn't want to start over on English servers.
    It'd be heavily butchered by censo- localization (pardon me, my progressive friends) and I don't want that.

However, if there was an English version, PSOW could easily avoid more of these threads. That would be really nice.
    PLACEHOLDER SIGNATURE - music included ♪

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

You'd probably have better luck running a private server over an official English language server. Just look at the SEA version. lol.

I will move there IF:

> That English server has the exact same content as the JP unlike the SEA server
    > I can move my character and items there without starting over (if i can't, i'll still play there to get informations about the story and other information that are still untranslated in JP if it met the first condition)
    > SEGA supports it like making the english version of the trailer announcements.

Although i don't think it can meet those 3 conditions at all, i still vote for "depend" option.
    Last edited by BortaMagaNFS; May 9, 2016 at 06:28 AM.

I'm kinda torn. There is a hell lot of BS with playing this game on the Japanese servers and lack of English translation is easily the least of my worries.

I also am at the point where I get easily bored cause I've done most there is to do and just getting more stuff is only amusing for so long.

Still, western servers would be ages behind (though rapid updates until close to jp version would fix that) and starting from scratch sounds painful at best.

I'd play if there was an ideal version where I get to keep select parts of my account but not others, I'd play.
    Actually might even work if was something like keep my stuff that existed until x date.
    Now, of course playing on jp servers even though Sega doesn't condone it would mean there will never be an account transfer of any kind, so I kinda doubt would actually play more than a little on a western server.

Nope. Too much time and effort invested in my current accounts.

Even if there was an option to transfer accounts from JP to a Western server, You still face chances that the western server is going to be behind on content at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Megidolaon View Post
    ... (though rapid updates until close to jp version would fix that) ...
    SEA/TW/TH folks are like, "Sigh..."