Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default THIS GAME BALANCE THO

I thought I was doing well topping the charts on most of my TD runs.

Then I finally got into a XH TD4 run aaaannnd FUCK THIS GAME.

Fo/Te is fucking disgusting. I feel completely 100% redundant next to strong Fo/Te players. Why do I exist? Am I only here to leech off of the strength of others? This is wrong. This is all wrong. It wasn't meant to be this way!

Seriously, wtf? They're doing several times as much damage as I can output in a much larger area and... and why? Why? How am I supposed to contribute shit when everything dies before I can even tap a button, and even if I do hit them I hit them for a fraction of the damage?! How did things turn out like this? WHY? WHYYY!?

Yes, sure, I can still improve my gear... by a lot. But so what? I'll still be swinging at air and getting a whole lot of nothing done. Gawd, I just... I don't like it. I like to feel useful, but now I'm just wondering if I'm better off just sitting at a tower twiddling my thumbs and feeding on the scraps that are left behind. Fuck effort. Why even put in more effort when it amounts to nothing in the end?

The worst part of it all is that, well, they're fucking ranged... which means they're far safer in any given fight. It's like Blade & Soul all over again. The safest classes should never be topping the charts... in anything! Except safety, obv. That's the bloody trade-off. NOPE! None of that here! Just gotta give the casters everything and the kitchen sink. That's how it goes in MMO-ville these days, I guess.

Sigh. I don't even know why I care. It's stupid that I care. I'm getting free carries and here I am bitching that I don't get to whack more shit. Ugh. Just... yeah. Bleh. Blehhhhh.

It's PSO2. They don't give a hot gay fuck about game balance, my man.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

It was always like this in every phantasy star. Sega just sucks at refining their games.

Ex. Lv6 +5 Lambda Aristin

Because the darkers are elementally weak to everything Force can do, they also have extreme consistency. The fact that they have fast cast times while their AoE still persists makes them super strong. In mobbing you aim for consistency and Fo/Te screams that. Now that the damage numbers are getting out of control, the more consistency you have the stronger you are. Which is why some people consider disregarding raw DPS in favor of extra PP. Not sure if that is a good idea or not but it's an example.

FoTe is not safe when playing it "optimally", so to speak. Everything will one-shot you.

People say FoTe is easy and safe or whatever, but when taking it to its extremes it's anything but. What's most likely going on is that you're not playing it right. (i.e. using the right techs like crafted Ragrants, matching elements, using Zondeels correctly, this kind of stuff)

Ex. Lv6 +5 Lambda Aristin

I will let you know that my HuFo is the god of TD, if you don't respect that you're an elitist. Don't make me whop out my Ex. Lv5 unironic Weddle Park with Hu built-in and 1Lm3g1d your ass.

PSO2: where the endgame leads all to become a Space Gandalf the White.

IMO, SEGA's mistake is letting glass canon stuff (FoTe, Limit Break) deal a ton of damage, or in BrGu's case, absurd single target damage just because it can't mob. I feel that Fo's frailness should be complemented by it's ranged aspects as opposed to raw power, but atm it gets to beat melee classes at close combat too. And while Limit Break isn't an awful idea, it should not be main-class only.
    Last edited by D-Inferno; May 16, 2016 at 05:48 PM.

That sums up my feelings........when playing in a lagging Yamato MPA (which is......95% of the time. Thanks for the potato server, SEGA.)

That side, Fo/Te combination is really that ridiculous. Seriously, everytime I'm using male class in EQ; when I want to smack mobs, random Rafoie would melt the mobs first. Nothing wrong with that, but getting that happened over and over during the whole run almost killed my desire to contribute. Almost.

It just show the flaw of the game design, honestly. When the class meta of end-game is leaned toward certain class combos instead of total freedom (for a reminder, we got 9 classes in the game; and putting aside whether the combo was good/bad, we have 72 possible class combinations. Yup, 72), you know something is wrong.
    Last edited by Zeroem; May 16, 2016 at 06:48 PM.
    *editing post intensifies. Please wait around 5 to 10 minutes before quot-actually, just be wary that I edit my post often.
    .......Mostly because minor things like grammar and mis-spellings*

Quote Originally Posted by Kenichiro Takaki
    "Tits are life, ass is hometown"

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Hey, if they wanna hard carry, I let em. Let the mega geared people one shot shit, and you reap the rewards.