Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I really love stealth games like MGS or Dishonoured. Fun to sneak around.

I like to Raid and Siege with other players in game.
    A blend of PvE and PvP is what I tend to crave.

A reason I don't play PSO-2 is due to the lack of Guild/Team direction and a lack of Raids and Siege. However, I return to it from time to time due to its simplistic nature. While it has its set of problems unique to it, it also did not offer me what I liked the most in games... A balance between gaming and non-gaming elements.

During my time away, I found several games I love the raiding and siege aspect to it...
    but got really turned off at how Discord Crapped out on us when 50 of us were raiding together.
    It got so bad that every player donated five dollars to the guild and we bought a 100-Slot Teamspeak III server fully-paid for two years.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Dreams of surfing rappies NegaTsukasa's Avatar

I'm an explorer. I love to explore everything around me in a game no matter what the area constraints are at the time.

I prefer campaign to multiplayer. everytime.

If i'm not running into dangerous zones beyond my level for flight paths, warps, better minor drops to sell- I'm usually climbing mountains. Tera is bad for mountain climbing and falling out of bounds lol. Other times I just run in circles.

Been stepping away from MMO's, nothing changed in 10 years.

In many cases I like to try making myself OP with the best gear or situational gear I can find early on, with darksouls as an example, I try finding ways to skip bosses and open up the areas early lol.

Lately for me....
    I've been experimenting around in FF XIV.

I went from White Mage to simply tanking after I got tired of all the healer complaints floating around. Turns out the only real douchebag thing some healers do (mainly ASTs) is to refuse to heal Paladins not using Shield Oath. Managed to at least raise Ninja to 50 in the mix. Extremely fun class. I hate to say it, but approaching nearly 20 years in playing MMORPGs and only few games truly are MMOs.

Gaming for me these days is really where I can help out the most in terms of tanking or healing raid parties.
    While of course crafting food buffs and potion buffs to keep players alive in the toughest raids out there.
    Circumstance brought me back to FF XIV and I thought I would regret it, but its kind of been the opposite.

Even though I did pretty good in my last game, that experience taught me how antisocial and associative mmorpgs had become, and really taught me to stay away from any video game with any Pay To Win Component, regardless the size. I was in the strongest guild in the last game where upon charging back, the playerbase in that one guild claimed they had chargedback nearly $700,000, with the leader of the guild alone sinking $38,000 into his character in a six month period.

So I am back in P2P games feeling like a return to yesterday....
    Spending half my gametime playing, and the other half listening to its music and learning it on my instruments.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Sniper! love all those modes in a game

Typically I stick to games with grading systems of some kind, like Devil May Cry 3 or Metal Gear Rising and work on improving how I deal with the combat, or whatever the primary mechanic usually is, see how different weapons/abilities work in certain scenarios, and just generally try to figure out how to play more efficiently and stylishly. If it's something like a platformer, I usually play for speed.

If it's Mirror's Edge, I'll just run around not doing anything in particular because I just like being in that game.

I never liked the 'big guns' kind of player. Sure, you have devasting weapons, but usually at the expense of your health, as it's much harder to run and hide!