Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A matter of proportions... and parts (cast issue)

So I've come to terms with the fact that I won't be able to look like a HUcast from the good old PSO days at the start, and will make do with the Ronia parts set. I was very glad to see a PSO2-style "PSO1 HUcast" set appear early on, the Melder set, which I intend to acquire in time. I was also filled with glee at the thought of potentially getting a chance to acquire the very same HUcast model that I've had in old PSO games with Ragol Memories...

... but then it dawned on me: all those parts have different styles and proportions. What I define with the Ronia parts might look off with the Melder set; what I re-arranged to fit with the Melder set might be off too with the Ragol Memories HUcast set.

So how can I avoid this without having to spend several Makeover passes? Is there a way I can play around with character creation to preview/pre-build an .mcp file using existing sets that may not be in my possession yet to use when/if I do get the desired sets in the future if it comes to it to be "preemptively set up" with either Melder or Ragol Memories set proportions? ... Will all parts/set include the ability to change proportions as I acquire them making this a needless threat?

I'm very new to all the PSO2 stuff, so much so that half the things I look up now either don't apply anymore (circa 2012) or are conflicting and I'm not sure whether they still apply or not.

You're in luck. In the Ep4 update there was an option given, in the option menu under makeover options, to make it where your cast parts and humanoid parts can be proportioned differently.

You can check in the Mods thread to see if some one could be willing to make a mod replacing some of the default parts in the CC with the Melder set (or try doing it yourself through the tutorial). All parts do have their own proportions, but honestly, the proportions won't be too wonky as long as you don't do completely weird stuff.
    As for the HUcast repca, that will use your Humanoid proportions, so you most likely will need to use a makeover pass to modify that since Cast proportions do weird things to their Humanoid forms. You cannot modify the Humanoid proportions in the CC.

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by otakun View Post
    You're in luck. In the Ep4 update there was an option given, in the option menu under makeover options, to make it where your cast parts and humanoid parts can be proportioned differently.
    Which I still don't understand even after hearin it for months.
    Is there like a decent explanation of it out there? OR at least some tutorial?

I'm not understanding how it works... whether in english or in japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by [Ayumi] View Post

It's pretty simple after I tested it myself. Once you change the option in the options menu you then go into the makeover salon like normal with your cast parts and a humanoid costume. Basically, to change the proportions is going back and forth between changing your "body part" from your cast body to your humanoid costume till you have the changes done as desired in both forms.

My male cast I made as tall as possible in cast form but while in humanoid form he is extremely short. So you can vast differently in proportions.

The option is in (I believe) makeover settings. Real Time modifies both Cast and Humanoid form at the same time, but if you pick Discrete you can modify the two separately.
    In order to do this, you need to switch between the two forms by changing Body Part in the salon (put on a body part to be in Cast form, remove it or put on a costume to be in humanoid form). There are some things that carry over between the two forms, like the face proportions.
    There is one major caveat, you must finalize the modifications for them to take effect; if you try to save the data and then reload it at a later time, it will default to Real Time based on the form you were in when you saved it (ie. if you saved the makeover when you were in Humanoid form, those modifications will also be applied to Cast form when you load the data).

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by otakun View Post
    It's pretty simple after I tested it myself. Once you change the option in the options menu you then go into the makeover salon like normal with your cast parts and a humanoid costume. Basically, to change the proportions is going back and forth between changing your "body part" from your cast body to your humanoid costume till you have the changes done as desired in both forms.

My male cast I made as tall as possible in cast form but while in humanoid form he is extremely short. So you can vast differently in proportions.
    Do you need to keep going in and out of the makeover salon to know how to mess with the proportions? Because that would eat up the passes.

Do you need to keep going in and out of the makeover salon to know how to mess with the proportions? Because that would eat up the passes.
    it shouldnt cost any more passes then you doing it to one of your humanoid characters as long as you have both cast parts and humanoid form costume to edit the proportions of.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

is this option in the main options menu, or is it somewhere in the salon's options; this has been bugging me since ep4's release as well

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    is this option in the main options menu, or is it somewhere in the salon's options; this has been bugging me since ep4's release as well
    Main menu options, Makeover Settings.