Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Smile Hunter/fighter tank build

Hello everyone .

im kinda new to the game, i got most of it down already the only thing i'm trying to do research on and can't find is a tanking build for my hunter.

would you guys help me out on this plz,
    whats a good tanking build for a hunter.

forgot to mention hunter is my main and fighter is my secondary,

hunter lvl = 70
    fighter lvl = 46

Well, it doesn't look like you got "most of it down already" if you want a "tank" build.

In this game you will want 2 things for your character:

1- Sustained aoe damage to farm waves of ennemies in advance quests or emergency quests.

2- High single target burst damage, to do as much damage as possible in a short time frame. For example killing zeshrayda by hitting his torso weak point when he lying on the floor. You will need high damage to break his leg and then a high burst if you want to kill it before he wakes up. An other example is magatsu when everybody is doing as much damages as possible to it when he is frozen/stun.

Tank builds don't fit in this game. More so, you main class is hunter which is arguably the toughest class in the game. Get automate halfline 10/10, massive hunter 5/5, iron will 10/10 and some flash guard and voila, you are unkillable. The natural ability of hunter weapons to block attacks also counts. You can then use all you remaining skill points for damage, damage and damage.

By the way, do you fight doing just attacks?
    Last edited by starwhisper; May 22, 2016 at 05:39 AM.

Tanking in PSO2? for what purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by wefwq View Post
    Tanking in PSO2? for what purpose?
    He said he's new so you may wanna elaborate the question.

OP hate to put you down as someone who really wanted to make a tank work in PSO2 but.. A tank just does not work in PSO2. The best you can shoot for is a beefy damage dealer that doesn't keel over in three hits and abuse Hunter's hyper armor or something. As in, take Automate Halfline, affix some extra HP on your units to increase the Automate threshold. This is overkill for the vast majority of the game though, which is why most people just go all in on attack and PP and leave their HP low. Not everyone likes to play with the threat of being 2-3shot over their heads though so, do what you will OP. Just I advise you still prioritise attack so you aren't literally useless.

Quote Originally Posted by CeciliaAlcot View Post
    Hello everyone .

im kinda new to the game, i got most of it down already the only thing i'm trying to do research on and can't find is a tanking build for my hunter.

would you guys help me out on this plz,
    whats a good tanking build for a hunter.

forgot to mention hunter is my main and fighter is my secondary,

hunter lvl = 70
    fighter lvl = 46
    Don't listen to the people above. Be whatever you wanna be. If you want to be a tank, be a tank. Just because PSO2 favors speed over durability doesn't mean tanks are completely useless.
    Tanks make doing Ultimates a lot easier for uncoordinated groups and can still do enough damage to not be dead weight. Learning how to tank normally also makes doing the Challenge Mode GP stuff a bit easier on newer players.

You don't want to be Hunter/Fighter for a tank build though. Hunter/Summoner is currently one of the better thank builds, tanks to Summoner's auto-regen skills and added defenses.
    If you wanna drop your Player ID Name and I'll add you next time I log in (assuming you're on Ship 2) and can run you through the basics.
    I run my own HU/SU build for when I'm bored and wanna solo content I'm not really meant to be able to solo :P

I like playing a tanking Hunter, but as others said, there isnt much stuff point in tanking stuff here given how the game works. The only place in where it would work good is in ultimate with small MPAs and maybe solo XQ if you want to make it a breeze.

That being said if your mind is set for making a tank build, a Hunter/Summoner would be the best combination. For Hunter tree, the most important part is automate halfline, followed by Massive Hunter and Flash guards. And for summoner, take the HP and defense boosts along with HP regen passive. This along with the ability to use resta at any time will make you as tanky as possible.

If you put the rest into damage boosting skills, your damage should still be decent enough for solo play(around 20% less dps than a brave stance HU/FI before taja). Lack of taja and chase will make bursts Volg graptors super weak against certain bosses though.

Quote Originally Posted by echofaith10 View Post
    I like playing a tanking Hunter, but as others said, there isnt much stuff point in tanking stuff here given how the game works. The only place in where it would work good is in ultimate with small MPAs and maybe solo XQ if you want to make it a breeze.

That being said if your mind is set for making a tank build, a Hunter/Summoner would be the best combination. For Hunter tree, the most important part is automate halfline, followed by Massive Hunter and Flash guards. And for summoner, take the HP and defense boosts along with HP regen passive. This along with the ability to use resta at any time will make you as tanky as possible.

If you put the rest into damage boosting skills, your damage should still be decent enough for solo play(around 20% less dps than a brave stance HU/FI before taja). Lack of taja and chase will make bursts Volg graptors super weak against certain bosses though.
    I disagree with the choice in skills.
    Here's what I use; http://pso2skillsimulator.com/simula...a.8TH.8Vo.9*10
    With a Chainsawd+20 for the vampiric touch.

No need for mates.

Quote Originally Posted by Petunia View Post
    I disagree with the choice in skills.
    Here's what I use;
    With a Chainsawd+20 for the vampiric touch.

No need for mates.
    For the build I use, I like to play as yolo-ish as possible which is why I take automate. On most regular missions the regen will cover you, but for some XH missions and Ultimate, it does help with the dps since you can be in middle of a huge mob or boss and just spam attacks/PAS with minimal dodge/blocking. The regen and defense should make it so the mates last you the whole Mission.

If you use the chainsawd then automate loses part of its appeal(I still use it as my "iron will" for any attack that gets me in the red numbers in 1 hit), but if you want to use a different sword, or even a different weapon altogether, then automate will definitely make things go faster.

Let's put everyone on the same page here:

Tanks as other MMOs see it are characters who focus on survivability over damage, and that pull aggro on themselves off other party members.

Playing this type of tank in PSO2 is pointless. However!

You can play a character who has a lot of survivability, without sacrificing too much damage output. Hunters are very good for that - either as main or as sub, whatever your preference. Get iron will, automate halfline, or maybe even both. Get massive hunter. And then you're set.

Just don't use guard stance. Use fury stance. It's far more useful.

On the fi side, use brave stance. Max it out - well, except maybe crits, they're not worth anything unless you have the critical strike skill but that's for fi main only.