Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Article: PSO ver. 2 US, conflicting release dates?

Phantasy_X writes, "I was just up at my local Software Etc,. when I found out ... They checked their computers and PSO ver. 2 US has been delayed until August 16th!"

Draekkan has also called his local Gamestop and they reported the same date. I can confirm this as well as Nyte called our local Software Etc,. and they reported a release date of August 16th as well. Strangely, the local EB here reports a release date of July 12th.
    Update, 6/20/2001: Sega now reports the release date as "TBD". Simply meaning, there is no known release date at the time. Click here for a report from IGN.
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.

Default Re: PSO ver. 2 US has been delayed!

Its good news... ver2 japanese was already being hacked i hope they'll add some good protection... 1 month i hope it'll work fine

Biggest fan of frankenstein!
    Stuck on my chair, Infront of my monitor!

Default Re: PSO ver. 2 US has been delayed!

No way dude!
    I called EBworld and they said that the game hasn't been delayed and that they update their website everyday!

Default Re: PSO ver. 2 US, possible delay?

I checked out the Gamestop website and they mention the date as August 15th, 2001.
    Here's the link.
    http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=230287
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.

Biggest fan of frankenstein!
    Stuck on my chair, Infront of my monitor!

Wata, Look at EBworld's website the date is still the same also eb is always up-to-date and so on!
    Let's hope this isn't true

okay let's think people. it's definately bad that PSO ver.2 may be delayed. but the trend i've always experienced with games being delayed has always been a blessing (if anyone pre-ordered the lunar games you know what i'm talking about) i want PSO ver.2 as bad as everybody else, but if it means that sega is gonna take the time to try and stop hackers then i'm all for the wait. i've got two other characters i can use when i get Kasera ready for version 2. so until an official announcement i'm gonna hold my breath and check my local babbages' release date. ciao!

THIS BLOWS!!!!!!

Default Re: PSO ver. 2 US, conflicting release dates?

Okay, for everyone paranoid that all these different stores (Gamestop, Software Etc, Babbage's, and Funcoland) are saying August 15th, it's because they're all fronts on the same corporation.
    http://www.gamestop.com/gs/help/corp_info.asp
    See? And, I'd tend to trust EB more. My local gamestop didn't have Project Justice until well after it's release date. And as of this posting, Sega still says July 10.

sega is really beggining to mess with our heads. getting a answer from them is like asking the goverment what happened at roswell. there gonna bullshit ya. well im all for a new rease date or whatever u gonna call it. as long as it protects me from pker and hacker and helps me keep all my weapons that i legitimately traded for. ill wait

Thanks for keeping your head jazzyfox. Yes, jazzy is right. These are the same corporation and companies differ in when they get thigns in. KMart over here got Zelda MM a month after its realease. Relax. It's only a problem for those stores.