Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: OT: America attacked by terrorists.

tisk tisk tisk I pity you behind he people in pso are people with feelings and emotions so show respect for them cause it could happen to anyone were not protechted in a bubble you know so quit thinking about yourself I got a buddy whos on vacation and I havent heard from him yet and I'm wourryed so show some respect and I hope me buddy Tom calls to tell me if hes ok.

Default Re: OT: America attacked by terrorists.

May they rest in peace. Your Uncle truly died as a hero. There is no greater deed to be done in the world than what he has done.

Default You're aweful!

I can't believe you posted that. Tens of thousands of people died. You have no respect!

Default Re: You're aweful!

you talking about me?

Remember, maybe some of the people who died that day were PSO players too... ever think of that? What happened if a certain player you knew was caught up in that mess?

Default Re: u take everthing to offense?

I dont see this as anydisrespect and am sorry if u feel that way. I just think its not proper news for a GAME site. If the News that had apeared on PSO world main page had been more like "This is sure to be a popular subject on the Us servers, and let us all hope and pray for those lost and those who are directly impacted by the loss of a loved one." the new tho thats was posted was bland and out of place. Yes this is a horrible event in world history...but looking back there has been worse offenses taken place. I wish all to also just remember fealing of hate make us no better than them. And more violence is not the answer.

LOOK ALL I SAID WAS THIS NEWS IS OUT OF PLACE! duh i know ppl in that area im deeply saddened by this. but dont you think game sites should stick to game news?

Default the weight of the world

weston, I haven't read other people's replies to you but i think the titles say it all. I hope you read this, I know i'm late, but hey. Anyways. I understand what you are saying. You are mourning because of the loss, and this game is an escape for you. You don't want to be reminded of the terrible everywhere you turn. I've carried the weight of this world on my shoulders since I was three years old, and am now quite comfortable with it. So i understand your dillema. But just to make you feel better about other peoples response to you. If it helps. I will say this. I have recently seen a disadvantage in my nature. I think first. When a travesty occurs, everyone goes down to their basest instincts. My knee jerk reaction to these situations, mostly because i have long since come to terms with the actions of humanity, and far greater travesties than this one, is to accept it, and try to think of how to make amends. I sent an email to a friend of mine. Thinking out loud and being philosophical as is my nature. As I do when I feel a tradgedy. Someone very dear to her had died and I offended her. We can't expect others to accept such a response to this situation so quickly. Feel first, then think. That's what most people do. Let them, and accept them. Even accept their abuse. Be the rock. And let yourself create balance in the storm. Its all I can do. I don't know if you are the type as well. But just in case. Let us not get angry for what people say. Even the ones who shout rediculous things like "nuke the middle east!". I've already almost vomited over that twice today. Let us try to be strong. The world needs people who are strong enough to accept now. And in time. A matter of weeks. It will need people who are strong enough to see through the fog.

Default for whom the bell tolls

I would like to take this opportunity to publicly apologise to a friend of mine. I sent her an email the night this happened that was not as compassionate as it should have been. It is not that the events that have past do not sadden me. Let me make this absolutely clear before i apologise, but that is all I will leave outside the box of my apology. I sent an email to a friend being myself, and thinking aloud. The problem is that I am a very unique person. It is my knee jerk reaction to a situation like this to understand it and try to think of solutions. It is a trait of a great leader, but not always a trait of a great man. It makes it difficult for me to be sympathetic in times such as these. When a travesty occurs we all go down to our basest instincts. Most people feel before they think. I do the opposite. The world does not want to understand now. The world is still feeling. I will humbly accept that fact. I have always felt the weight of the world on my shoulders. I have always been appalled by humanity. I used to be "The Catcher in the Rye", but I have long since come to terms with humanity, so I do not feel tradgedy the way most people do. In me, sorrow is a constancy that lives alongside joy. But the point of this message is not to do it all over again. The point is that I'm sorry. No matter how right or wrong I may be about the cause of these events, the perfectly natural fact is that people are greiving now, and they do not want to think about the cause. The effect is still to poingnant, and too tragic in our minds. I have recently learned that someone she loves was in that building and I pray for her safety. May whatever you believe in be on your side. Even if its nothing. I dont think its humanly feasable for us to disagree with the tradgedy of these events. Even the terrorists UNDERSTAND (i use that in the tightest context of the word. that is to say, they don't neccessarily think its a bad thing even though they understand). Civilians have no place in war. And wars without civility only give rise to massacres, which is exactly what we have seen. May we all make amends. May we reflect upon what it means to kill civilians and never let history repeat itself again. I'll be the best rock I can. And may I be of some help in the storm of emotions we all understand. Forgive me friend. Its the task and passion of any artist to make sense of the world surrounding him. I was being compassionate in my own strange way.
    John Donne said it best:
    "No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is a peece of the Continent, a part of the maine; if Clod bee washed away by the Sea, Euope is the lesse, as well as if a Promontorie were, as well as if a Mannor of thy friends or thine owne were; any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankinde; And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee."
    John Donne

No that other gut that said it has nothing to do with PSO.